Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
what system is better, PS3 or XBOX360, I am going to buy one soon, I was leaning towards PS3 because of GT5, but this Forza game looks awesome to.
They both have their ups and downs.
IMO, the PS3's interface and playback capabilities make it extremely viable in the video department. It supports .AVI, .MP4, .WMV, etc. Its controls during video playback are also smoother, and the blu-ray capability isn't a bad thing if you have an HDTV hooked up to it. If you're one of those 3DTV adopters, it now comes with 3D blu-ray support. BUT, the PS3 has a mediocre online service. My 360 and PS3 are equidistant from our wireless modem, and the PS3 barely picks up the signal while my 360 gets enough of a connection to run HD on Netflix.
The Xbox 360, however (again, IMO), is better in the gaming department. While you might have to pay for Xbox Live, one-year subscriptions are usually on sale somewhere, and even when you have to pay for it, it's a good trade-off. The UI in XBL is a lot nicer than PSN, the controller fits way more comfortably in your hands, and the library of games is arguably better. Even multi-platform games have a larger following on the 360. Having said that though, video playback is a nuisance on the 360. The interface is cheap and clunky and it's all too easy to toggle a 30x rewind just by nudging the controller the wrong way.
What it really comes down to is what you plan to do with your console. If you want a greater video experience, then the PS3 is the clear winner. Blu-Ray will beat out an upscaled 480i DVD any day of the week, and the broader range of support for video files never hurt. If you want a greater gaming experience, the 360 wins only if you plan to get Xbox Live. It's the saving grace of the console and justifies the purchase.
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:00 PM   #16
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I prefer PS3.

Not understanding why you would want to pay for online gaming when you can get it for free. I have played on XBOX live many many many times and I dont see why it is worth paying for over what the PS3 offers for free.

PS3 can play blu-rays.

I originally played ps1 and ps2. It took more than HALO and a bunch of stolen exclusives to turn my loyalty.

That was enough for me.

Not sure about the newer xboxs but the older ones just seemed thrown together and low quality. For example...you have a big ass brick in the power cable you have to deal with. The controllers dont come wireless and the ones that you buy extra you have to put batteries in LOL. The System doesnt have an auto feed for the discs. It is loud. It just seems thrown together and was coupled with a 30% failure rate at the beginning. Literally EVERY one of my friends who bought a 360 originally got a red ring within the first couple years. I have had my PS3 since launch and never had a problem.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
PS3 may be a better built machine but XBL beats out PSN in every way. Plus XBL does offer a free online service, its XBL Gold that costs money. Its like $4 a month, people really can't afford that?

Back on topic

The graphics on this game look awesome!!
Attached Images

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:06 PM   #18
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
I prefer PS3.

Not understanding why you would want to pay for online gaming when you can get it for free. I have played on XBOX live many many many times and I dont see why it is worth paying for over what the PS3 offers for free.

PS3 can play blu-rays.

I originally played ps1 and ps2. It took more than HALO and a bunch of stolen exclusives to turn my loyalty.

That was enough for me.

Not sure about the newer xboxs but the older ones just seemed thrown together and low quality. For example...you have a big ass brick in the power cable you have to deal with. The controllers dont come wireless and the ones that you buy extra you have to put batteries in LOL. The System doesnt have an auto feed for the discs. It is loud. It just seems thrown together and was coupled with a 30% failure rate at the beginning. Literally EVERY one of my friends who bought a 360 originally got a red ring within the first couple years. I have had my PS3 since launch and never had a problem.

A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 12-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
XBox FTW!!!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
A member in this thread asked which system he should get.

I gave him my OPINION and the reasons I chose ps3.

Is their a problem?

I dont even play much anymore so its not a big deal. Just the added convenience of a blu-ray player is reason enough for me. Little extra details of x-box live dont really do anything for me...you are still playing online regardless once your in the game. Im not some hardcore pimpled up 16 year old who nuts over every little detail etc...just let me play the damn game.

More on topic...the game looks great. I'll play it on a friends 360.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #22
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
forza has always been great. I really hope they don't focus too much on the kinect aspect, too gimmicky. I don't want to pretend to drive a car with my hands floating on nothing. I am fine with a controller or a steering wheel, but not kinect.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
Reborn

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt
Forza 3 was great. Very fun game. Gran Tourismo seems like an unfinished game to me. It took them six years to finish it, and it stills seems unfinished. Everything from damage, to the environments.

Kinect isn't needed to play this game. You can also play this game with a regular old controller.

Both systems have their ups and downs. The New 360S is a great improvement over the old one. It's quieter, sleeker, and uses less energy. Both systems are great systems, but it mainly depends on the games you want to play. Xbox has Fable, Halo, Gears of War and PS3 has Uncharted, Infamous, and Ratchet and Clank.

Both systems are great, and now is the time to buy. There are deals all over the place for these machines. You can't go wrong with either.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #24
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
A member in this thread asked which system he should get.

I gave him my OPINION and the reasons I chose ps3.

Is their a problem?

I dont even play much anymore so its not a big deal. Just the added convenience of a blu-ray player is reason enough for me. Little extra details of x-box live dont really do anything for me...you are still playing online regardless once your in the game. Im not some hardcore pimpled up 16 year old who nuts over every little detail etc...just let me play the damn game.

More on topic...the game looks great. I'll play it on a friends 360.
:slice:

Old 12-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #25
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
Forza 3 was great. Very fun game. Gran Tourismo seems like an unfinished game to me. It took them six years to finish it, and it stills seems unfinished. Everything from damage, to the environments.

Kinect isn't needed to play this game. You can also play this game with a regular old controller.

Both systems have their ups and downs. The New 360S is a great improvement over the old one. It's quieter, sleeker, and uses less energy. Both systems are great systems, but it mainly depends on the games you want to play. Xbox has Fable, Halo, Gears of War and PS3 has Uncharted, Infamous, and Ratchet and Clank.

Both systems are great, and now is the time to buy. There are deals all over the place for these machines. You can't go wrong with either.
I almost went out and bought a PS3 just for GT5... Kinda glad I didn't.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:20 PM   #26
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
That's amazing!! Too bad I don't want to buy a Kinect :(
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #27
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
but, but.....what if I wanna play with a regular controller??? ur arms are gonna get tired pretty damned fast holding em up for much more than a race. I want to relax while I play.

oh, and PS3 SUX!!!!!!!!!!
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #28
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
You still can use a regular controller! I have no intention of getting kinect but I still think it's awesome. I have the original xbox now and am hoping to the the new slim one soon.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote