Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-22-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
Another reason I love my Camaro

I live in Wisconsin. Wisconsin=snow and nasty salt covered roads=My camaro doesnt see the outside of the garage much from nov-march...

Yesterday, the sun was shining, the roads were mostly dry... but it was a spine tingling -11 degrees. Walked in the garage, turned the key and she started... just like that. Took her for a little spin and life was good again. Even in the middle of the winter, I can turn up the heat and the music and try to pretend its June. Its nice how even after the crappiest of days I can go for a drive and feel like a champ again
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #2
lyndalu

Drives: 87IROC, 92Z, 97SS, 2002SS, 2010SSRS
I wish!!! I have so much snow here that now it is blocking the driveway. I cant get my car out!!! I want spring!!! I need to drive my car!!
lyndalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #3
Amanda
Givin em hell since 87'

Drives: 2011 SW 1SS M6
HA I feel ya! Lucky for me if we go a few days without snow the roads dry up enough for a quick spin thru town or else Id go insane!
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Come on Spring
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
I did the same thing the other night,roads were dry,and I had to go get some milk,my daughter wanted to go and asked me if we could take the Camaro so I warmed my baby up and off we went. I couldn't let the little one down now could I??
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
Scottishgames
Suck'n Gas And Haul'n Ass

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS - 1936 Chevy Streetrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndalu View Post
I wish!!! I have so much snow here that now it is blocking the driveway. I cant get my car out!!! I want spring!!! I need to drive my car!!
Yes, SPING!.
I never even got to drive mine yet. Had it flatbed home because of all the salt on the road. Only has 18 factory miles on him.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album....ictureid=40489
It sits covered up in the garage with a battery tender to keep him warm.
Scottishgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:23 PM   #7
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
This thread =

Camaro has been my full-time therapist since I was 18. Keep on driving, that's what they're for!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
MANAWAR

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
I live in Wisconsin. Wisconsin=snow and nasty salt covered roads=My camaro doesnt see the outside of the garage much from nov-march...

Yesterday, the sun was shining, the roads were mostly dry... but it was a spine tingling -11 degrees. Walked in the garage, turned the key and she started... just like that. Took her for a little spin and life was good again. Even in the middle of the winter, I can turn up the heat and the music and try to pretend its June. Its nice how even after the crappiest of days I can go for a drive and feel like a champ again
The next two months I'll be wiping off the weather dust and putting Man'o'war on the road enjoying that smooth ride. A quote from Willie Nelson "On the Road Again"

Philadelphia Phillies Fan
GPC
MANAWAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #9
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
I drive mine every day. Rain, snow or sun. Pirrelli Ice and Snow's or Blizzak's recommended for winter driving. Its in the garage right now dirty as heck, road grime, salt, mud. Can't wash it right now because the snow is melting and the streets are wet. Wax will save the parts that can be seen and the rest of it will eventually rust. I won't be keeping it forever and I need transportation. I've got a garage queen already. I can't believe how good it gets around in the snow!
PS: I seriously doubt more than 10% of the folks on this forum will still have their current Camaro in 10 years. But a clean well kept car will get you some return on your investment. Enjoy them when you can.

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote