Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Camaro made all the difference!

So this morning, it was time to wash the Camaro. I am an admitted serial car washer, but that's beside the point. The point IS, I was outside, sprayin' the car down.

A black Camaro rolls up... couple of older guys in it. They almost look like they could be brothers. They pull up, and come to a stop... I figure it's just a couple of dudes who want to swap Camaro compliments.

The passenger says, "Hey, how are ya?" I reply with, "Doing great, especially when there are TWO Camaros parked in front of my house!"

Both guys laugh, sit there for a second... the passenger says, "You don't remember me, do you?"

Then it hit me... these guys were childhood friends of mine! I used to run with these guys when I was 14 years old... over 30 years ago!

See, a few years ago, I bought my dad's house from him... he had retired, moved out of state, built his dream house, as is enjoying his golden years far, far away. I bought the house, the same one that I grew up in.

Well, this morning, Chuck and Mike--- who are cousins, but closer than most brothers--- decided to take a trip down memory lane. Chuck was visiting from out of state, Mike lives 50 miles from here. They decided to swing by my old house, where we all used to hang out as kids. They really had no idea that I, or any members of my family even, would still live here. They were just gonna have a look, drive on by, and continue strolling down memory lane. BUT: I was outside at that very moment, and they recognized me. They were certainly as surprised as I was...

They had time to kill, as did I... the car could wait. Spent the next few hours shooting the breeze, catching up, reminiscing.

Today was a good day... a really good day!
Attached Images

Last edited by Scalded Dog; 10-18-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:09 PM   #2
A.VEE.BEE
So Cold!

Drives: Summit White 2015 2SS
Great story!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #3
tintinkyle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
great story im actually tearing up
tintinkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:59 PM   #4
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
Cool!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Awesome way to spend the day!!

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Great that you could reconnect.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #7
KER

Drives: '10 Z71
That is just awesome!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
sberk1012

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6
That would be a great story without the Camaros. The fact that you have a gen 5 and so do they makes it incredible
sberk1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:36 PM   #9
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
So this morning, it was time to wash the Camaro. I am an admitted serial car washer, but that's beside the point. The point IS, I was outside, sprayin' the car down.

A black Camaro rolls up... couple of older guys in it. They almost look like they could be brothers. They pull up, and come to a stop... I figure it's just a couple of dudes who want to swap Camaro compliments.

The passenger says, "Hey, how are ya?" I reply with, "Doing great, especially when there are TWO Camaros parked in front of my house!"

Both guys laugh, sit there for a second... the passenger says, "You don't remember me, do you?"

Then it hit me... these guys were childhood friends of mine! I used to run with these guys when I was 14 years old... over 30 years ago!

See, a few years ago, I bought my dad's house from him... he had retired, moved out of state, built his dream house, as is enjoying his golden years far, far away. I bought the house, the same one that I grew up in.

Well, this morning, Chuck and Mike--- who are cousins, but closer than most brothers--- decided to take a trip down memory lane. Chuck was visiting from out of state, Mike lives 50 miles from here. They decided to swing by my old house, where we all used to hang out as kids. They really had no idea that I, or any members of my family even, would still live here. They were just gonna have a look, drive on by, and continue strolling down memory lane. BUT: I was outside at that very moment, and they recognized me. They were certainly as surprised as I was...

They had time to kill, as did I... the car could wait. Spent the next few hours shooting the breeze, catching up, reminiscing.

Today was a good day... a really good day!
Awesome man. Nostalgia can be an awesome thing.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
WOW! Nice ! Did you guys like Camaro's as a kid ? Seeing that both of you guys have them.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Awesome story! It's crazy how people can still remember you after so long.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:37 PM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Awesome story!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #13
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
It's great that you had time to spend with them.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:38 AM   #14
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
That's so awesome!
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote