Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

Drives: Red Rock Metallic ZL1
2010 KITT SCANNER LIGHT FOR SS MAILSLOT

So this thread is no longer active in the "vendors" exterior parts section because I guess it has now changed to "sponsors" section, and until they get a hold of the moderator for the sponsor portion we can't log onto the link anymore, so i fugured we might as well start another one here and try and pick up where we left off. Anyone else get theres and install it? Got any more pics or video. Can't wait to get mine.
Chad's ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #2
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
I think I might sell mine.. IF I EVER GET IT!.. Sheesh... I first wanna see if the White LED's are brighter than the red and blue.. if not ::::MINE WILL BE FOR SALE:::: Saw one last weekend and it wasnt even bright at all. Only in total darkness did it look cool.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

I ordered white and yellow combo. I believe I will be the only one with that so far. I'm excited to get it too. I'm not too worried about seeing it in the daytime, because "the freaks come out at night". I'm sure it will looooook awesome. I think it will be worth the wait, I just hope all goes well with install and I don't have any issues with the light since we have been waiting so long.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:27 AM   #4
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
I checked in the sight as well to see other responses and couldnt pull it up,thought my computer was messed up.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:18 AM   #5
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I have the orange one installed and very bright during the day. Infact it turns heads where ever I go. People will actually slow down pull up beside me and ask to take photos. Not really sure what your are expecting during the day? Would not even think about selling.

I pulled into a gas station about 7pm last night and all heads turned from customers to attendents pointing and smilling
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #6
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
I have the orange one installed and very bright during the day. Infact it turns heads where ever I go. People will actually slow down pull up beside me and ask to take photos. Not really sure what your are expecting during the day? Would not even think about selling.

I pulled into a gas station about 7pm last night and all heads turned from customers to attendents pointing and smilling
Man, you guys have guts running these while you're driving.

I too have the orange and they are very bright. Sure, they may not be superbright in the middle of the day...but they are still noticeable.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #7
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
I think I might sell mine.. IF I EVER GET IT!.. Sheesh... I first wanna see if the White LED's are brighter than the red and blue.. if not ::::MINE WILL BE FOR SALE:::: Saw one last weekend and it wasnt even bright at all. Only in total darkness did it look cool.
I have a blue one installed. During the day it's bright enough to see it in direct sunlight, but it's certainly not blinding. I know the white LED's are a lot brighter than any of the colored LED's.

I'm curious, which color did you see? And what kind of expectations do you have on the brightness? Are you trying to use the light by itself as a driving light or what? Why don't you hold your criticism until you actually receive it and have a legitimate beef. For all we know, the one you saw might have been installed wrong.

The light has met or exceeded all of my expectations thus far.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
LadiesMan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I have a blue one installed. During the day it's bright enough to see it in direct sunlight, but it's certainly not blinding. I know the white LED's are a lot brighter than any of the colored LED's.

I'm curious, which color did you see? And what kind of expectations do you have on the brightness? Are you trying to use the light by itself as a driving light or what? Why don't you hold your criticism until you actually receive it and have a legitimate beef. For all we know, the one you saw might have been installed wrong.

The light has met or exceeded all of my expectations thus far.
True, if you are going by the daytime videos, don't...I saw those vids too and was less than impressed with the daytime shots. The scanner, in person, is a lot more noticeable in the daytime.

Here's a vid of it...it's not in the middle of the day...but the sun is still up...but going down

(Pardon the shaky camera...it was with an iPhone and it was tough keeping it still while pushing the fob buttons)
Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

IDK maybe it was because he had dual colors.. he would run the red.. then the blue then the mix... but it seemed really dim.. like an LED on a TV remote not an LED like I would have pictured... hopefully this white one will be kickazz.

ladiesman yours looks 1000x brighter than the one I saw that was red/blue last weekend at our local meet.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:35 AM   #10
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
I run day and night with just all lights on and get a lot of head turns and finger pointing.Haven't been to car show yet to show off the rest of the light patterns.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #11
LadiesMan217

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrsheaven View Post
I run day and night with just all lights on and get a lot of head turns and finger pointing.Haven't been to car show yet to show off the rest of the light patterns.
What color lights do you have?
Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 AM   #12
Chad's ZL1
THERAPY

anyone else get theirs and install them with pics or videos. I would think by now more people would have some.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

anybody received one in a few weeks? I havent heard one update on this product.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #14
LadiesMan217

Mine was a hit at the car show last night.