Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #1877
dduncan13

Drives: 2010 ABM RS with white stripes
Hey to everyone and congrats to everyone who has these gorgeous cars... I will be an owner my self of an abm camaro soon enough. I ordered mine on July 22 and i have been reading EVERYTHING you guys put on here. Im really excited. Im a 22 year old teacher and im trying to keep it secret from everyone and randomly just show up with it one day. Its so hard. One of my questions is i ordered one with white rally stripes and hockey stripes on the side. I can see that some dont like them but i think they look sharp. I need some pics though of both together. Any body got them..or can crop them?
dduncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:23 PM   #1878
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduncan13 View Post
Hey to everyone and congrats to everyone who has these gorgeous cars... I will be an owner my self of an abm camaro soon enough. I ordered mine on July 22 and i have been reading EVERYTHING you guys put on here. Im really excited. Im a 22 year old teacher and im trying to keep it secret from everyone and randomly just show up with it one day. Its so hard.
This is basically my plan. I've told one of my co-workers that the car's been built and he's sworn to secrecy. However, at least one other co-worker knows that I ordered, but doesn't know when it'll show up. It may show up right after/before I get back in the country on 8/8.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #1879
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
nightmare... do you have beige interior or grey (gray? lol)interior???
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #1880
two-camaros

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 LT2 RS V6
Send a message via Yahoo to two-camaros
Heh Nightmare SS, yours is the same color in and out that our RS is on order. Are you going to have stripes?? If so, what color and please post pics of that also. Ours will have white rally stripes. That is really cool that you have a pic of your baby on the transport truck. Several years ago we had ordered an Equinox and saw it going down the street towards the dealer on the transport...pretty neat!!
ordered 7-8-09/delivered 10-24-09
two-camaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #1881
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Congrats Nightmare! You finally got your baby.
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #1882
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareSS View Post
ofcourse!

AND ITS ALL MINE!!!
good luck all thou i taught u didnt like abm according to one of your posts you said it was to girly .
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #1883
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
duncan and venom i dont know how the hell you guys are doing it! i would die inside trying to keep it a secret...i tell every1 repeatedly, lol even my lil cousins talk about it...i just picked them up from camp and 2 of the counselors were asking me if i got my car yet cuz thats all they ever hear about...cute girls too

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
nightmare... do you have beige interior or grey (gray? lol)interior???
its grey...it looks beige cuz of the yellow lights in the garage...even in person i hadda get real close cuz i thought they screwed up my order...but its grey! and yea, grey or gray...i always question myself on that one too

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-camaros View Post
Heh Nightmare SS, yours is the same color in and out that our RS is on order. Are you going to have stripes?? If so, what color and please post pics of that also. Ours will have white rally stripes. That is really cool that you have a pic of your baby on the transport truck. Several years ago we had ordered an Equinox and saw it going down the street towards the dealer on the transport...pretty neat!!
nah im not gonna get stripes...atleast not yet...im thinking of doing something a lil more unique a couple years from now...looking at my car in the lighting it was in i would have to say that white stripes seem like they would go the best...but dustin posted pics of his car with the silver stripes and it looked really good too...so idk, i guess its just preference...but if i was gonna put white stripes on my abm camaro they would have to be pearl white so it has metallic flake in it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Congrats Nightmare! You finally got your baby.
hell yea!!! thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
good luck all thou i taught u didnt like abm according to one of your posts you said it was to girly .
heh, that was me just trying to steer people away from it so we can stay they rarest color! DONT ORDER ABM IT LOOKS FEMININE!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #1884
bulldog

Drives: Acura
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
See post #1163
#1181 has some nice Silver stripes
There are some white ones earlier too.

Yeah this thread is huge! It's grown more in the last month than all the months prior combined. Some of us, including myself gave Tran a hard time for cleaning it up... sorry Tran . It looks as if he left us to our own devices...

We really should carry most of this conversation in the ABM club.
thanks for the tips. I am a big fan of the IBM and want to get the CGM Rallys, but the ABM Post #1163 looks good with the CGM rally's. I love some of the pics of the ABM on this forum, but I saw a ABM HHR yesterday. I cant remember if it was cloudy or not, but the color had a bit to much teal in it for my taste...but the camaro obviously has differnt lines, sharper when compared to the rounder HHR. I know its depending on the light, but in person, how much does the teal show up? Is it a dominant part of the color or does the medium blue come out more?
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #1885
bulldog

Drives: Acura
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomZ302 View Post
All he's saying is that the paint behaves differently on the Camaro than on the HHR. Probably differently than on the Colorado, too, but I don't really know.

I've seen all three cars in the same color, but the Camaro I've only seen in overcast conditions, where it showed off its teal attributes. I think the paint looks weird on the HHR and I've seen the Aqua Blue Colorado multiple times in multiple lighting conditions. There was only one condition that I didn't like the paint on the Colorado and I've never seen it again. It was right around a strong sunset and the Colorado looked turquoise. I've also seen the Colorado look like a lot of the pictures here in this thread, albeit maybe a bit darker of a blue.

I still think that this is the best representation of Aqua Blue Metallic that I've seen thus far (on a computer):

Click for high res.
For those of you that have seen the car in person, is the Hi Res picture that you can open up the best representation of what the car looks like on a sunny day? If it is...I am a fan.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #1886
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
its deff a blue car...when its sunny and exactly where the sun is hitting it (like where the actually light reflects off the car) it shows teal, but every where else is blue...now when i went to see my car yesterday the sun was down but it was light out and it was in a garage fully windowed on both sides...also the lights in the garage had a yellow tint to hit...but either way when i saw the hhr outside without sun it looks really similiar...the picture will not capture the same colors i saw in person...the car did show alot of JADE...like a dark greenish blue...but when i would look at the back hips of the car, the top part of the cut was pure blue and the side part was this jade...its really hard to exlain...but ill tell u that the color all around looked insane...was REALLY REALLY nice...and different...my dealer told me many people were asking about my car and the color...the only way to really see if u like it is to see it in person IMO...i cant see any1 not liking it tho...i have yet to see it anywhere else other then in this particualer light setting so i cant really speak for it in the sun...i was at the dealer until it got dark and the only difference in the windowed garage between night and day (with the lights in the garage on) was that the color got a lil darker...you know what i just remember what picture shows exactly wut color im talking about! hold on....

good old brians car in the garage with the lights on lol
Old 07-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #1887
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
duncan and venom i dont know how the hell you guys are doing it! i would die inside trying to keep it a secret...i tell every1 repeatedly, lol even my lil cousins talk about it...i just picked them up from camp and 2 of the counselors were asking me if i got my car yet cuz thats all they ever hear about...cute girls too

its grey...it looks beige cuz of the yellow lights in the garage...even in person i hadda get real close cuz i thought they screwed up my order...but its grey! and yea, grey or gray...i always question myself on that one too

nah im not gonna get stripes...atleast not yet...im thinking of doing something a lil more unique a couple years from now...looking at my car in the lighting it was in i would have to say that white stripes seem like they would go the best...but dustin posted pics of his car with the silver stripes and it looked really good too...so idk, i guess its just preference...but if i was gonna put white stripes on my abm camaro they would have to be pearl white so it has metallic flake in it

hell yea!!! thx

heh, that was me just trying to steer people away from it so we can stay they rarest color! DONT ORDER ABM IT LOOKS FEMININE!
good luck with it ithink it is the best color out there .enjoy
Old 07-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #1888
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
NightmareSS I am SOOOOOOO Glad to see you finally get it. It felt like forever.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #1889
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Sweet Nightmare! So happy I ordred the gray interior now. I looked at that ss/rs/roof/gray int m6 only 6 showed on the Camaro DB.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:44 PM   #1890
haleyd
determined future owner

Drives: 2004 pontiac grand prix gt2
Send a message via AIM to haleyd
Quote:

now i'm torn all over again. i thought for sure i was going to order black, but i do really like the grey!

can someone post a pic of their black and then one with grey so i can see them at the same time? something with the door open or something so i can see the color of the car and the interior? if not that's okay, but it would help me a lot lol!
haleyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!