Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 AM   #1
EOD_Tech Infidel

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Overheated!

Car is bone stock with 1700 miles. there is a metal tube under the supercharger on the driver side, just obove the cylinder head and injectors. It was spraying water/coolant all over the driverside of the engine compartment. took it to the dealer and the car shut off from overheating. I'm quite pissed and confused! any thoughts?
EOD_Tech Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
EOD_Tech Infidel

Here is the tube
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD_Tech Infidel View Post
Car is bone stock with 1700 miles. there is a metal tube under the supercharger on the driver side, just obove the cylinder head and injectors. It was spraying water/coolant all over the driverside of the engine compartment. took it to the dealer and the car shut off from overheating. I'm quite pissed and confused! any thoughts?
Engine Coolant Air Bleed Hose, it has a retainer clip for quick release. Did you have your SC replaced lately/ or coolant added and re-pressurized?
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
EOD_Tech Infidel

I bought the car with nearly 1400 miles on it I was told all recall work was performed. I have done nothing but drive the car.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD_Tech Infidel View Post
I bought the car with nearly 1400 miles on it I was told all recall work was performed. I have done nothing but drive the car.
If the SC TSB was done and the SC was replaced maybe the mechanic didn't get the quick connect back on good or broke it. Possible that it could have been in to have coolant added to the SC and re-pressurized and the same above. Easy fix, get coolant added and re-pressurize and check the quick connect for integrity, then get out and have fun...
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
EOD_Tech Infidel

Its at the dealership so i'll tell the manager there, i have had very good experience with him directly so hopefully its an easy fix. thanks for your help
Old 09-10-2014, 12:49 PM   #7
flatrockguy

Drives: 2015 Black ZL1 m6, gone 2012 CTS-V
If you send me the VIN I can run it through the GM warranty service system to see any work that has been completed.
flatrockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
He has a 2014 so nobody should have touched the supercharger. And I seriously doubt the dealer would replace a supercharger unless some previous owner had complained. It looks like it just blew the hose off and overheated. I hope it didn't get too hot because severe overheating will soften the aluminum alloy in the heads according to Brian Tooley. Then the valve seats will be beaten down into the aluminum.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #9
EOD_Tech Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Easy fix, get coolant added and re-pressurize and check the quick connect for integrity, then get out and have fun...
this is exactly what happened the quick connect wasn't seated. they did pretty much what you said should be done and it seems to be fixed. thanks again for your help
Old 09-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #10
EOD_Tech Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
He has a 2014 so nobody should have touched the supercharger. And I seriously doubt the dealer would replace a supercharger unless some previous owner had complained. It looks like it just blew the hose off and overheated. I hope it didn't get too hot because severe overheating will soften the aluminum alloy in the heads according to Brian Tooley. Then the valve seats will be beaten down into the aluminum.
i don't know how much damage could have happened in the 3.8 miles i had to drive it but i was concerned as well, they said if anything happens its still covered under warranty. guess we'll see.