Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #29
TA219

Drives: 2010 SS - 1967 327 Coupe
That's a good point from Hotchkis, you generally get what you pay for. I have never seen springs that cheap aside from "e-bay specials", it does make a person wonder.
TA219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #30
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
lol so you could buy any companies springs and sways. That has a 1 inch drop to gain that 13% mpg.

Sounds a little crazy, but it makes sense. In my car i could get up to 29-30 mpg on the freeway.
Hey did you get your car back from Turbonetics? If yes, how is the kit? I haven't seen any reports from you. PM me if you like!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 PM   #31
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Hey did you get your car back from Turbonetics? If yes, how is the kit? I haven't seen any reports from you. PM me if you like!
Hey,
Yea i got my car back, but the turbo is not on the car at the moment. They took the kit off cause that was the only copy. So they are getting the kit made into production and then going to put the kit back on.

Takes a long time.... I CANT WAIT TILL ITS DONE!!! lol
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #32
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA219 View Post
That's a good point from Hotchkis, you generally get what you pay for. I have never seen springs that cheap aside from "e-bay specials", it does make a person wonder.
There are several members here that have installed Eibach Prokit springs without a problem. I haven't read where any of them have been dissatisfied with their purchase. Yes they are probably the most least expensive but I think it has more to do with the fact that they mass produce them for just about every application. I've used them before and know of MANY people that have them and all have been completely satisified. Are the higher priced Pedders, Pfadt, Hotchkis better, probably but how do YOU define better? If you're going to be autoxing your car or something along those lines, the higher priced ones are probably better for you. If you want the nice 1in drop and improved handling for spirited driving, the Eibachs are more than capable. The same goes for the sways.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:13 PM   #33
SinfulCamaro
Sinful Camaro

Drives: BLACK 2010 2SS RS
how much does this kit lower the car if any?
SinfulCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:30 PM   #34
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by exZACKly View Post
how much does this kit lower the car if any?
Did you read the advertisement.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #35
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
Did you read the advertisement.
Sometimes you gotta wonder??

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:05 AM   #36
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Hey,
Yea i got my car back, but the turbo is not on the car at the moment. They took the kit off cause that was the only copy. So they are getting the kit made into production and then going to put the kit back on.

Takes a long time.... I CANT WAIT TILL ITS DONE!!! lol
Man, they better put that kit back on or I'll be kicking some butt!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #37
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
Sometimes you gotta wonder??
ExZactly!
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #38
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Quote:
There are several members here that have installed Eibach Prokit springs without a problem. I haven't read where any of them have been dissatisfied with their purchase. Yes they are probably the most least expensive but I think it has more to do with the fact that they mass produce them for just about every application. I've used them before and know of MANY people that have them and all have been completely satisified. Are the higher priced Pedders, Pfadt, Hotchkis better, probably but how do YOU define better? If you're going to be autoxing your car or something along those lines, the higher priced ones are probably better for you. If you want the nice 1in drop and improved handling for spirited driving, the Eibachs are more than capable. The same goes for the sways.
I agree....I had enough $$$ to install any spring/coilover package that is available and i chose the Eibach 1" spring kit. If i were going to be adjusting for different uses i would have went the coilover route.All i wanted was to remove the large well gap and gain a little better handling.Yes, the springs do stiffen the ride a little but not that bad and i bet that ALL brands of drop springs will also stiffen the ride a bit.Seems like some manufactures on these boards have begun to "put down" their competitors to make themselves look better when in reality any of the well known namebrands should work just fine for most users....Eibach,Hotchkis,Pfadt,H&R,Pedders,Detroit Speed,etc...Just my .02
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #39
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
Quote:
I agree as well. I'm very happy with my Eibach springs and sways. They lower the car and it handles better for a very reasonable price. They have a video that shows their factory - they know what they are doing it seems. Esoteric? Nope but they've gotta be 70-80% of as good as it gets, I would think (I could be way off base here).
Old 01-23-2010, 07:10 AM   #40
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Something does not add up, How does droping your car 1" inch and adding sway bars get you 13% (3mpg) increase. Something seems fishy.
Here is some semi technical info on it if your curious...( http://www.bentleypublishers.com/aut...ery-768-8.html)

You guys ever watch racing? The lower to the ground the more you can reduce drag. The less drag the better mileage. I really makes alot of sense. It will have no affect in town, open it up on the freeway for a few hours (167 miles) and you will quickly notice the change. These cars are engineered to work well in a vast array of scenarios. Higher ground clearance results in you being able to drive the car in town and into the grocery store w/o scraping everything as well as helping out the older market who don't want to sit on the floor and climb up to get out of a car. They have to make it viable for the largest market. They weren't designed w/ only mileage in mind or the would be getting far more that 25 already. Of course the add shows the best possible scenario, thats its job! I'm sure their course is in an area they can run higher speeds, it only makes sense.

Personally I appreciate the post and the data provided. I gives me a reason to consider the drop other than just looks. Thanks!
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 09:56 AM   #41
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I suspect that at least a portion of the FE gain is from the cars PCM adjusting during the breakin period. It is common knowledge among owners of 4th gen F-bodies that HP and FE were higher when measured at 2000 miles than at 100 odometer miles, and many have noted continued increases up to around 10000 miles.

The PCM keeps things (mixture & timing) more conservative during the breakin period, and I would assume that the 2010 Camaros work the same way. Upon reading this 13% claim, that's the first thing that popped into my head.

That being said, this looks like an excellent handling package for the money.
clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:03 AM   #42
Dewdude

Drives: '69 RS-SS 396 Camaro
lowered

Any issues with tire rub when lowering the Camaro?
Dewdude is offline   Reply With Quote