Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #15
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
I don't care what the reason, but these fascias do not match (from the factory). The difference can be subtle but it is there. Mine is off enough that I will have it redone by a very good local body shop. They say they can get it closer than it is now but it will not be perfect. There is just no such thing as an absolute paint code match, you need a really good painter to get very close.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
jordan 572

Drives: none
My day is a body man. I wanted iom but he said it will never match if you need to repaint. I went with vr cause it has less metallic. Good looking color but hard to paint. That is true. If you paint it 20 times it will be different every time. Your best bet is to have them blend into the fenders and hood.
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #17
gregg37

Drives: 2010 Camaro - Synergy Edition
OF THE PORCUPINE!!! That thing must have been huge!
My halo and grill Lighting - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZgYRq8vP3g
gregg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #18
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
GM paid to get my nose and gas tank repainted. They were yellow (on a white car) from the factory. I took them to the shop I wanted and GM cut me a check. Find a shop and I'm sure GM will pay for the work just to get you out of thier hair
Old 07-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #19
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
My white front bumper, rear bumper and fuel door, are all just a c-hair off from the rest of the car. Came that way from the factory. I am not going change it though. I can't believe they would let it leave the factory the way, but it won't bother the enjoyment I get from the car.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo View Post
My white front bumper, rear bumper and fuel door, are all just a c-hair off from the rest of the car. Came that way from the factory. I am not going change it though. I can't believe they would let it leave the factory the way, but it won't bother the enjoyment I get from the car.
Ya been thinking I want my wing and rear bumper repainted...my nose and gas tank came out great...
Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #21
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
I had a warrenty and had the rear bumper removed and repainted. I was worried about the paint matching. The deaaler did a gret job. You can't tell it was ever touched.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM   #22
JUSKIDN

Drives: 2010 Synergy Edition
I have noticed that the urethane parts are just slightly off and not a perfect match. I thought it was just on the metalic colors as well but then I met GatorJak at Scrapin the Coast and he pointed out how his yellow ground effects were off as well. I think you and we notice it because we want to. The average person is not looking for it so they never see it. And I dont think I would have noticed it, if it was not pointed out to me first.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:02 PM   #23
wangtangjf7

Drives: CGM LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #24
marcao

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregg37 View Post
As a matter of fact, it was. The only thing that confirmed the "identity" of the beast was one of its pick (or nail, or whatever you call those things a porcupine wears on its back???) caught in the crack the animal made to the bumper. The most disturbing thing about the course of events that very night is that there were nobody on the road. I hadn't crossed a single car for about 10 minutes. But of course, coming from a curve going downhill, I see a car coming on the other side of the road, and then that black patch on my side... It was already too late to break, and the car coming in the opposite direction discarded the possibility to switch lane... When I think about that, it really makes me sick...

Well at least, my girlfriend and I weren't hurt, and the rest of the car hasn't been damaged.

I'll get my car tomorrow. I'll let you know the turn out.
marcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #25
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
My 2 cents is the paint guy should be good enough to see that it is not right and fix it without making you come back in to tell him that it is not right.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #26
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
Another thing to consider is this: There is a possibility that the flakes in the paint are sprayed in a different direction on the bumper compared to the rest of the car, so the light would hit them differently, causing them to look off.

I have an IOM 2011 2SS and the front bumper looks slightly lighter than the rest of the car, depending how you see it in the light.

Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #27
VolkCamaro

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerDrache View Post
My 2 cents is the paint guy should be good enough to see that it is not right and fix it without making you come back in to tell him that it is not right.
I think he was just testing the waters. Yea he can see that it isn't right, but if the customer doesn't then its good?!
VolkCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:03 PM   #28
SchwarzerDrache
No, it is not an SS

Drives: SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolkCamaro View Post
I think he was just testing the waters. Yea he can see that it isn't right, but if the customer doesn't then its good?!
I think the OP was pretty clear that he wants it done correct, period. Either it is right or it is not. Just my opinion.
SchwarzerDrache is offline   Reply With Quote