Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-02-2009, 01:19 AM   #43
camarogolfguy
Camarogolfguy

Drives: 2012 ssrs
dealer lawsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
OK I'm out of hiding (somewhat).
RPO - I hear what you are saying and you are correct. Customers do not deserve to be loudmouths. And I was not. And you're correct, this is only one side of the story. And yes there are 3 sides mine, the other guys and the truth.
The car was purchased in Virginia and I cannot return there from NY for service.
I would welcome the dealership to present their side of the story, I'm trying to be honest here and I normally would not post a critical "OPINION" about a business if I didn't feel it was warranted.
In my lifetime just like everyone on this forum I've purchased thousands and thousands of products. Most all work fine and no problem. When there is a problem I've been able to get it dealt with and most always the customer service is pretty good. If not I try to negotiate a reasonable compromise -as close as one can get to a "win-win" situation.
But I refuse to be treated IN MY OPINION like an idiot. To be talked over, yelled at and not given the courtesy of getting a phone call back from the management of a business (except for the one threatening to sue me) is IN MY OPINION rude.
I greatly appreciate the support of my fellow Camaro5 posters.
Your posts have lifted my spirits and removed most of my fears of this rediculous pending legal action.
Thanks!
Not to worry KJS. Truth is a defense to any claim of defamation. Further, other posters are correct; this would cost the dealer a small fortune to prosecute. I suspect there is a lot of huffing/puffing going on here by the dealer. You could also file a counterclaim under several theories: breach of contract, breach of warranty, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, etc.
camarogolfguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #44
crzycicada

Drives: 2SS/RS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarogolfguy View Post
Not to worry KJS. Truth is a defense to any claim of defamation. Further, other posters are correct; this would cost the dealer a small fortune to prosecute. I suspect there is a lot of huffing/puffing going on here by the dealer. You could also file a counterclaim under several theories: breach of contract, breach of warranty, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, etc.
I like this one, "intential infliction of emotional distress." Can I use this against my boss or girlfriend? Just kidding (in case either is reading).

Order date: 7/17/09
3000 TPW: 8/17/09
3400 status on 8/11/09
3800: 8/21/09
4200: 8/24/09 on rail car ETTX850796
5000/6000: 9/2/09
crzycicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #45
Hitman31

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Convertible
I sold GM for eleven years, if you have a poor sevice department the dealership will not make it in the long run. The service department keeps a dealership alive. That and used car sales. New car sales profit has been going down since the mid 90's. Punish them on the servey if they do a poor job and you should get a phone call. If you do not then move on to another dealership for service. Oh, and warranty work does pay the delaership.
Hitman31 is offline   Reply With Quote