Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-07-2011, 04:36 PM   #1429
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
That is the coolest darn thing I have ever seen. Problem is that I have a Blackberry Bold. This only works on Blackberry Storm.....Drats!
Time for an iPhone.......
Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #1430
Without Remorse

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Time for an iPhone.......
It makes me want to buy the IPhone just to get this app. BTW, I left the fuses out for 20 hours and got no result. Fuse pull/no fuse pull, nannies/no nannies.....no change in performance or punch. I'll try to rig up my camera and do a 0-60 test.

Maybe I'll buy an LS9 badge. I've been told that adds 20 horses.....

Without Remorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #1431
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without Remorse View Post
It makes me want to buy the IPhone just to get this app. BTW, I left the fuses out for 20 hours and got no result. Fuse pull/no fuse pull, nannies/no nannies.....no change in performance or punch. I'll try to rig up my camera and do a 0-60 test.

Maybe I'll buy an LS9 badge. I've been told that adds 20 horses.....
I have an LS9 Map sensor and got 25 hp.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:35 PM   #1432
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
okay so i just pulled mine lets see if I have better luck than you, WR.

Will check back in the morning....
Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #1433
SlowSS

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Well just got back from a short drive. The car seems to idle alot better...I would like to think that it pulls a little harder but I think that is just me looking for improvement
Old 05-09-2011, 09:04 PM   #1434
faussy
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1
Send a message via AIM to faussy
will this effect performance say if there are any mods to the car such as intake exhaust etc
faussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #1435
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by faussy View Post
will this effect performance say if there are any mods to the car such as intake exhaust etc
If you have been using 87 oct and have not done the fuse pull before then yes. The fuse pull is just to reset the ecu if the dealer or yourself put in low grade gas, if you and the dealer have always used high grade gas then don't need to pull the fuses.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #1436
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSS View Post
Well just got back from a short drive. The car seems to idle alot better...I would like to think that it pulls a little harder but I think that is just me looking for improvement
Could be. But at least you know you're getting he full 8s worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faussy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
If you have been using 87 oct and have not done the fuse pull before then yes. The fuse pull is just to reset the ecu if the dealer or yourself put in low grade gas, if you and the dealer have always used high grade gas then don't need to pull the fuses.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:27 AM   #1437
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACamaroSS View Post
Also I bought it in Jan. which means it sat since may 2010 with only 87 octane I'm on my first tank of premium now so it might take a couple of tanks I'm thinking...and hoping. If I get a chance I'll time it this weekend and report back.
YES, if it gets any hint of knocking with some of the old gas weakening the octane level it will drop right away back to the low octane tables. Best to run two to 3 tanks and then fuse pull.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:31 AM   #1438
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Problem is sometimes you can get old gas. Meaning as 93/91 octane site in the tank in the ground the octane blend will seperate. So it will get lower. That is the big problem for all of us right now since not many people that should use high octane are not.

There was testing done that 93 octane sitting in the in ground tanks more than a month actually droped to 89 octane. That will kick in the low octane table.

So always try to go to a name brand station and a very busy one if you can.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:48 PM   #1439
TACamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS SW IOM interior
Just an update. I did the fuse pull again for 3 hrs. and unhooked the neg cable. The car is now a monster! It will light em up without trying. I turned off the traction control and had lots of fun. I haven't tried it with all the nannies off but it should be exciting to say the least. Also I did the muffler delete so it sounds good too.
TACamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #1440
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Problem is sometimes you can get old gas. Meaning as 93/91 octane site in the tank in the ground the octane blend will seperate. So it will get lower. That is the big problem for all of us right now since not many people that should use high octane are not.

There was testing done that 93 octane sitting in the in ground tanks more than a month actually droped to 89 octane. That will kick in the low octane table.

So always try to go to a name brand station and a very busy one if you can.
Always use name brand, chevron or shell only with 91, highest we have here.
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #1441
zare6

Drives: 2011 ss ls3
Is this necessary-fuse pull

Hi, I just brought my new ss home it has the ls3 engine, I asked my dealer about this apparent flaw in the fuel mapping and he said there is none. I have other vehicles with knock sensors and if they happened to detonate they reset when you restart them, always. I cant believe this car would not do the same, the engine cant tell what kind of fuel you have put in it, it can only react when it senses detonation, none of what you guys are talking about makes sense imo.
zare6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #1442
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zare6 View Post
Hi, I just brought my new ss home it has the ls3 engine, I asked my dealer about this apparent flaw in the fuel mapping and he said there is none. I have other vehicles with knock sensors and if they happened to detonate they reset when you restart them, always. I cant believe this car would not do the same, the engine cant tell what kind of fuel you have put in it, it can only react when it senses detonation, none of what you guys are talking about makes sense imo.
Tell your dealer to look up #PIP4728