Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #29
Jamestwilliams

Drives: Grand Am
Okay the lesson from the above story is always talk to the sales manager, the last thing a dealership wants is to piss GM off by accusing them of price fixing, that's slander. Salesmen quite often will say anything to defend their position, don't trust them.
Jamestwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:09 PM   #30
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamestwilliams View Post
Okay the lesson from the above story is always talk to the sales manager, the last thing a dealership wants is to piss GM off by accusing them of price fixing, that's slander. Salesmen quite often will say anything to defend their position, don't trust them.
Point taken. I spoke to the dealership again. the sales guy says he was referring to the GM as their general manager that said no deals below MSRP. Everything else they have told me as been the straight scoop, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a simple misunderstanding on how he phrased it.
Considering what some others are quoting from their dealers, I'm doing pretty good. Thanks everyone for the input.

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:31 PM   #31
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Point taken. I spoke to the dealership again. the sales guy says he was referring to the GM as their general manager that said no deals below MSRP. Everything else they have told me as been the straight scoop, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that it was a simple misunderstanding on how he phrased it.
Considering what some others are quoting from their dealers, I'm doing pretty good. Thanks everyone for the input.

Oh.... ok; that's tricky. General Motors... General Manager... both = GM. Hopefully the sales guy will learn to say which is which from now on and stop confusing everyone!

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #32
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
So I need to be a manager to gain credibility........OK, I'm going to go talk with the boss....
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #33
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
So I need to be a manager to gain credibility........OK, I'm going to go talk with the boss....
Well; first of all, I'd sign that petition!

But aww, Scotty, no one on here means you... you're special, after all.

But sales persons at car dealerships like you are more rare than common; and it's unfortunate that it's so, but it is. You're the first car salesperson I've met who has a genuine interest in the welfare of their customers and the product they sell and isn't just worried about the money. You sell cars like I would-- by passion.

Not that I begrudge needing to feed their families, but I think if the money is all a salesperson sees it definitely shows itself in the way they handle themselves and their customers.

But anyways-- this isn't a thread about car salespeople, it's a thread about a misunderstanding now

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
scotchsride09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:18 AM   #34
s.norman

Drives: not worth it
i don't understand how some people are getting this car for under msrp
s.norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #35
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
Never trust a car saleman,he has his hands in your pocket..
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #36
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.norman View Post
i don't understand how some people are getting this car for under msrp
Unless they have the Employee Discount AND the Dealer accepts it, THAT'S how they would even be able to get it less than MSRP.

You got yours as MSRP, be happy, that's a good deal!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #37
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickfromMD View Post
Was at my Chevy Dealer again last night working the sales manager to hopefully work with me on pricing when ordering opens up.
He said once he gets his allotment he would be better able to deal with me. I just got off the phone with him and he says his allotment for the 1st model run year is 21.
HE further says MSRP is the lowest they would go, and it was not up to them, it was a decision by GM.
I thought I’d throw this out to you all for comment. I can understand if he’s only getting in 21 for the whole year, why they might not discount (they have an arrangement with COSTO for special member pricing BTW) , but I was surprised to hear them say this was a decision by GM? Does GM have such control over the dealers?

I’d been popping my head in routinely building a relationship, and they claim to be the largest in the Washington DC region, with the largest corvette sales for an even larger area.
Should I go in and plop down a deposit? Is this the best I might hope for?
Have you ever seen the fine print on all GM adds " dealer may sell for less"???

It's there for a reason. It is called price fixing and is against the law to tell a Franchisee he can not sell below MSRP. Same reason Mcd's ads say "at participating restaurants" YOUR dealer is making up stories so you will not look for an invoice plus $400 deal some where else.
OUR72GTO is offline   Reply With Quote