Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

View Poll Results: 3DTV Gaming?
My money is in hand… 0 0%
I will wait and see what happens… 12 54.55%
Not interested… 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #15
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
I read a few articles that basically said the problem with 3D.... Only 75-80% of the population can watch it without getting ill. Of the 80% thats left many don't want to spend the money/don't care.

Personally I'm a big tech guy, but i refuse to have to wear those glasses. When it comes out glassless in 5 years then I'll buy one.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'd like to, but I don't have the $$$ for a new 3D TV. The PS3 is ready, but from what I'm reading, initally, it doesn't completely seem worth the expense at this point. I am totally pleased with the equipment I have now (which is by NO means exotic or expensive). From what I'm seeing, it seems like there's a trade-off - you get better picture quality, but loose some audio fidelity or something. I can't recall exactly what I read, but in a review from several months ago, the 3D movie in question had great video qualities, but suffered in audio. I'm more an audio guy, per se, so I'm waiting before committing any sort of budget on a big screen 3D TV for now.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #17
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'd like to, but I don't have the $$$ for a new 3D TV. The PS3 is ready, but from what I'm reading, initally, it doesn't completely seem worth the expense at this point. I am totally pleased with the equipment I have now (which is by NO means exotic or expensive). From what I'm seeing, it seems like there's a trade-off - you get better picture quality, but loose some audio fidelity or something. I can't recall exactly what I read, but in a review from several months ago, the 3D movie in question had great video qualities, but suffered in audio. I'm more an audio guy, per se, so I'm waiting before committing any sort of budget on a big screen 3D TV for now.
Well, the audio comes from the DVD

If you use PS3 for the 3D you will loose the HD-True sound.

If you have a BR 3D you have to have a 1.4A 3D receiver to pass though the TV set in order to get BR sound.

There is a 3D BR player made my Panasonic that has 2 HDMI ports 1.3a and 1.4a so it can do both. Cost is 400
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #18
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
My good friend bought one. It's the Panasonic VT25 54" Plasma 3D TV. I've played Motorstorm in 3D. It's cool, but it's cool like a tech demo. I'd never sit there for hours and play a video game in 3D. I really don't care for movies in 3D either. Like Kenny Powers said the other night on Eastbound & Down "Dude, don't get too excited, 3D TV's are Gay, nobody wants to sit on their couch wearing glasses trying to pop bubbles out of the air like a f***ed up Ray Charles"!!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Well, the audio comes from the DVD

If you use PS3 for the 3D you will loose the HD-True sound.

If you have a BR 3D you have to have a 1.4A 3D receiver to pass though the TV set in order to get BR sound.

There is a 3D BR player made my Panasonic that has 2 HDMI ports 1.3a and 1.4a so it can do both. Cost is 400
AH!!! Thanks for clearing the record I don't think my TX-SR806 has 1.4. I'm happy with that and my current blue-ray player, so it won't be a for a while before I make this leap. I'm sure it looks killer though!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Low Side // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #20
Noturday
[Not-your-day]

Drives: 2005 Avalanche
i just got a PS3 this past weekend and it is 3D capable, i dont know if i'll make the transition when 3D games come out (dont have a 3D tv) but i guess im halfway there if i do want to go that route haha