Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Adams Allpurpose Cleaner, In and Out, Detail Spray, Waterless Wash. Any overlap uses?

Hi. I'm just placing my adams kit order! But I had a question before I pulled the trigger in an hour.

These items seem really similar to me and I'm trying to save a little money.
-Adam's All-Purpose cleaner
-Adam's In and Out
-Adam's Detail Spray
-Adam's Waterless Wash

Can anyone tell me if any of those overlap usages? Seems to me like one or two of those may be redundant. I'm debating to drop one of those and I can't decide.
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
The only two that would be close to the same is the detail spray and waterless wash, but that's a stretch.

Personally, I don't use waterless wash. I do use a ton of detail spray! Detail spray is used to prime pads, clay lube, during towel drying, after a detail, between details, and on and on. Most Adam's users will post that Detail Spray is the #1 used product in their arsenal.

In and Out is excellent. Honeycomb grills, trim, underhood, our black roof ditch moldings, rear fascia, grill, trim around the doors and outside seals.

All purpose Cleaner is just that, a cleaner for all purposes. I use it on the tires, wheel wells, wife's plastic parts on her Pontiac Vibe, under the hood, the gutters on the house, the shutters, concrete (yes, concrete) in the driveway, the list is endless.

You won't regret it. It seems like much $ when you buy all at once, but you won't regret it!

Enjoy!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Exactly what he said. Take notes! Comeon over to the Adam's forums and learn tons!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #4
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Here's a tip: start saving for a gallon of Detail Spray. Your going to fly through the stuff.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
you will definitely need all purpose cleaner and detail spray everytime you detail your ride..
in/out spray and waterless wash are nice to have but are not absolutely necessary right from the start...you could grab them now or just wait to catch them on a daily special later should you decide to try them..
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #6
Mason44

Drives: 2011 2SS
They all have their purposes and definitely are not over lapping products. But be worn when you buy adam's products you will get hooked and want them all. Also with their 110% satisfaction guarantee you can always get your money back if you don't.
Mason44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Although I use Zaino products for my wash, clay, detail, polish, tires, and leather. I have and use a number of Adams products too. I've done A LOT of research and no Adams products overlap each other. They all are great and serve a unique purpose.

Of the four products you've mentioned, I only have the APC. The APC is a must have and is amazing. You will also need the detail spray and will use a lot of it. You don't need the in and out spray unless your car is older, IMO. I will probably add it somewhere down the line, but there's actually only a few places I would use it on my Camaro. The Camaro isn't really a car that has a lot of use for the in and out, IMO. And you don't need the waterless wash. That's a luxury product and really only for quick details for those who are extremely OCD or show their cars.

Just buy the APC and detail spray. You need and will love them both.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
There really isn't a whole lot of similarity in the products you listed, maybe I can help shed some light on their uses:

-Adam's All-Purpose cleaner: A general purpose cleaner, good for cleaning 'oil' based contamination like removing old tire dressings, road grime, and things of that nature for you tires, wheel wells, etc. It can be used as a presoak for bug guts or road tar, and is what we recommend you use to clean buffing pads, applicators and accessories after use since it does such a good job of dissolving polishes, waxes, and dressings. Its also water based so it can be diluted for times a less aggressive cleaner is needed.

-Adam's In and Out: A dry spray dressing used to dress (not clean) hard to reach areas. The honeycomb grill, wiper cowl, or other tight spots where hand application of a dressing would be too much of a pain or time consuming. I also use it to dress the AC vents in my rides rather than trying to do each 'slat' individually. Its not really a cost effective product to use in areas where you could easily apply a dressing by hand.... on tires, large trim areas, or easy to reach areas we recommend using the Super VRT.

-Adam's Detail Spray: Like most any quick detailer this products primary use is for quick wipe downs to add shine. It can be used (with some caution) to remove light dust, clean off smudges, finger prints, etc from the finish. It also serves in our line as lubrication for the claybar, a primer for polishing pads, a drying agent due to its slightly hydrophobic properties, or even light interior dusting. Because it has a gloss enhancer in it you will see an addition of shine to paint when used on exterior surfaces, the effects are not long lasting, but its just a quick fix type product.

-Adam's Waterless Wash: Similar to Detail Spray in that its a dusting spray, the primary difference here is that its ALL CLEANER. There is no gloss enhancer in the formula, it was replaced with a high lubricity emulsifier making it the safer choice when removing light dust from your paint. Its also slightly cheaper than Detail Spray so having both in your collection means you can save the DS for things only it can do. We've found WW is too slippery for clay and doesn't work as a pad primer... so really its ONLY use is light dust removal and exterior cleaning.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
eric@thompson
Account Suspended

Drives: GMC Sierra
It's been a few weeks. How'd the order come out? Let's see some pics of the freshly Adamized C!
eric@thompson is offline   Reply With Quote