Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #71
IncrediblyX

Drives: Red
I would've stopped at a drive-thru at McDonalds or something. And after I get my food... see ya!
IncrediblyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #72
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Usually dip twits who wanna race......but had a cop tail me on the freeway in a unmarked....went and dusted him then went with the flow and got picked out by a state cop in the flow with a radar gun working with him.......What a crock..Follow a person and then when they loose you some what some back up to them with attitude...I wanted to tell him off, but kept my cool and took a ticket for 78 in a 65....Of course he did not target the minivan in front of me..........Lets see red camaro...daughter knitting in front seat.........Hell yes we are targeted by cops.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #73
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
I was followed and threatened by a fat short guy in his 40s. Called the cops and filed a report, put my car in storage for the winter. Then got 20% tint in the spring.

Dude never said why he followed me just said, I know what you drive and where you work and will find out where you live. Then he said, I will send my friends after you. Creepy!!!!!!
A short guy eh? Sounds like Napoleon escaped from the formaldehyde jar at the Chesterfield abortion clinic. My cousin was like that. He got vacuumed out at 6 months but still managed to crawl his way home so his mom had no choice but to keep him. He finished out the final 3 in the microwave and has a few self confidence issues.

Anyway...I know exactly the type you are describing jewel. I would've called the cops to.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 AM   #74
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Never had that problem, I guess most would be stalkers can't do 180 like a ZL1 can. I don't know

Seriously, I would say next time dial 911 and try and get a cop to pull you or him over, either way does the trick.

My brother used to be in radio and he had stalkers, he had to drive a different way home each night. He knew what their cars were and they would be waiting across the street from the radio station when he would get off at midnight. 2 good things, we are in Alabama, if you don't carry a gun here they give you a ticket, and two, people in media usually have working relationships with cops, so he knew how to get one's attention when necessary.

I seriously don't have the problem. All I have ever had to do in my life when someone thought they wanted to mess with me is show myself and it solves the issue. I'm not really tall, 5'8" or so, and I wasn't always this big, but I weigh nearly 400lbs, shaved head, beard, very wide shoulders, not small arms, and I never smile. So I get told I look mean a lot, I wouldn't say I'm unfriendly, but you know.

Being from Bama, Roll Tide, we went to our rival game few years back, Auburn, after a Bama fan had poisened their old trees that they roll with toilet paper after a win.(btw, no one in the Bama nation claims the asshole that poisoned the trees). I know why they do the TP on their own trees, but I don't get it. Anyway, I wanted to see the trees after the game, cops were all around them because they had been damaged by the poison. But an Auburn fan comes up to me and says "I was gonna come down here and pick a fight with a Bama fan, but not you." He walked off
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #75
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I had an older couple I overtook on the Interstate one night that was going slower till I passed them. Then they wanted to pace behind me whether I sped up or slowed down. I actuallly slowed to 30 on the Interstate before they went around me and sped up.

I resumed my previous speed and caught up and passed them again and they started pacing behind me again. I hate it when someone just wants to use you for a "front door" becuase you are going a little faster than they feel comfortable doing on their own. I had to go a lot faster till I had them way back in my mirror and I resumed my original speed again, they caught up. WTF? Luckily this time I was at my exit and it was over.

This happens frequently when I am on long trips.

Any time you are followed and you think it is maliciously, go where there are a lot of people. Or just lose them.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #76
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Considering I had my RS up to over 130 mph and the SS vert over 140 I never considered someone following me being able to keep up very long. Hit the exit ramp doing 120 then accelerate out and back onto the high and nail it. Problem solved. Plan B, no permit required for concealed carry in Az. Pull over in a public place and if confronted with violence...
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #77
jessicamariella
Chase me...

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT
I was run off the road by someone in Rhode Island. I was driving a government vehicle - a Dodge 3500. He would get in front of me, slam on the brakes or slow down. So, I would pass him again. Then he'd tailgate, pass me and then brake hard. Just as I was getting ready to just take the next exit and be done with him, he jerks the wheel and tries to run into the truck. Like, what the heck....?

With two ex's who can't accept it's over, I'm thinking of getting something to conceal and carry! =D

I've only been "followed" once in the Camaro. This guy in a Mustang kept messing with me, so I gave him a little fun. Got it up to 111 before I chickened out. Not trying to get a ticket
Old 05-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #78
markas214

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS L99 SIM convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I agree. If I ever live in an area that I feel the need to carry a gun, I will move! I feel bad for you folks that need to carry a weapon.
You realize how insulting your remark is? I carry on occasion, usually if I'm going to the range. I like having the option. "I feel bad" for you not being able to understand that. You read of thousands of murders by criminals each year. Law abiding citizens have no bad intentions and while chances are you will never need a gun for self defense heaven help you if you ever do and are a helpless victim. So don't feel bad for us.
markas214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #79
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Actually, the only people I do have follow me are cops. I dont have tint, and I obviously dont speed around cops.

I live on a long highway road and Ive had a bunch go out of their way to follow me, a couple even pull into my driveway and use it to turn around
Old 05-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #80
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
You realize how insulting your remark is? I carry on occasion, usually if I'm going to the range. I like having the option. "I feel bad" for you not being able to understand that. You read of thousands of murders by criminals each year. Law abiding citizens have no bad intentions and while chances are you will never need a gun for self defense heaven help you if you ever do and are a helpless victim. So don't feel bad for us.
Take it easy man, you were so easy to turn this into a gun control issue.

He was simply saying that if he lived in a dangerous area, he would move.

He feels sorry for people who live in a dangerous area, and feel that they need a gun just to feel safe.

His post had nothing to do with you carrying a gun to the range lol.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #81
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by markas214 View Post
I call it like I see it. I have never even come close to feeling the need to carry a gun. I grew up with guns, spent many a night re-loading shotgun shells and rounds for our pistols and rifles. I currently own the choice guns that my father owned. I enjoy shooting and have many friends that hunt. I stand by what I said because I do not feel the need to carry a weapon, and wish more did not feel this burden...and don't assume that just because someone is not packing that they are helpless. Bad, bad move.

There is but one correct answer as to how to deal with the situation that was the initial topic of this thread....get in touch with the authorities. If you can't do that, stay in a public area, or as a final response, pray you have gone to school and / or practiced enough to loose the guy with your driving skills. Yes, I get that you could break down in am isolated area and the guy in the other car could have a gun and intend to kill you, and I hope that never happens to anyone. I promise you it is nothing that I would ever worry about. Many things need our attention than that.

Let's all just stick to our love of this fine car built by Chevrolet on this forum, and since I did not actually do that, I appologize.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #82
ForgedReality
Envy

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS/RS - Black hood/hockey
OP, I bet he was just getting cell phone video of your car. Calm down.
ForgedReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #83
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Take it easy man, you were so easy to turn this into a gun control issue.

He was simply saying that if he lived in a dangerous area, he would move.

He feels sorry for people who live in a dangerous area, and feel that they need a gun just to feel safe.

His post had nothing to do with you carrying a gun to the range lol.
Wow, you summed it up better in your reply than I did in mine. Thanks! Now lets get back to the cars.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #84
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
My second home is in St. Pete's and I head over to Tampa quite a bit. There are some rougher areas granted, but still have never felt scared enough to carry a gun. Heck was robbed once at knife point, now that I think about it. Ah well, to each his own.
Please don't confuse prepared with scared. I grew up in Miami and now live in Tampa. I know what a bad area is first hand...

The neighborhood where my house is in quite a nice area.

Trust me I carry by choice. Not fear.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....

Last edited by Firefighter; 05-01-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote