Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
They aren't too far apart still. Where there could be a large departure is when it comes time to add the PI. Mike hasn't really updated too much with he and his son's little PI-adventure yet, so time will tell.

JRE has already posted something like a 1000-1100-RWHP build, and I think he was talking about a 1200-RWHP build he was kinda' trying to get to, but I don't recall all the details from that video. I think he was running a supplemental belt-DI pump and bigger injectors though.

CSP had posted videos comparing the two and I thought he mentioned the Edelbrock might not cool QUITE as well (the Edelbrock was on a CTS-V and he was comparing his ZL1), but I don't know that it cost much power.

It would be interesting to see a good comparison. I'm less interested in fueling than I am in IATs, but that's probably not common for most others because I have a lot of restrictions I'm trying to work within. That, and I'm more interested in good temps' and making the most of what I have. Those big builds are awesome but nothing I'd ever do.

Also - I don't recall if a 103 is the same bold pattern as a 95mm LT5 TB, but there's some room for porting the standard 90mm snout that comes with the Maggie. You'll have to do what Kong/Jokerz/etc do to the stock snout, and cut-out past the o-ring, but there's enough meat in the Maggie snout to fit an LT5-TB on there. Just FYI.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:23 PM   #16
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Somewhat off topic, but I've noticed that there are a lot of turbo VX-1 Viper builds in the 1200-2000 whp range. And it seems like these are done without touching the rods/pistons. Looks like crank is upgraded before rods/pistons.

Is the Viper VX-1 engine known to be able to handle up to 1500 whp with no issues, and does anyone know how the LT4 compares in terms of the recommended max whp/wtq before rods can bend/crack due to excessive tq (even when the tune is spot on, knock free)?
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Somewhat off topic, but I've noticed that there are a lot of turbo VX-1 Viper builds in the 1200-2000 whp range. And it seems like these are done without touching the rods/pistons. Looks like crank is upgraded before rods/pistons.

Is the Viper VX-1 engine known to be able to handle up to 1500 whp with no issues, and does anyone know how the LT4 compares in terms of the recommended max whp/wtq before rods can bend/crack due to excessive tq (even when the tune is spot on, knock free)?
Not to stay off topic with you (HAHAHA), but...

There seem to be a couple conventions of thought on this. I've seen CSP-videos where Andrew says up to around the mid-900s for the stock LT4-shortblock. The video I'm thinking of is of him saying to stay in this range because of the half-thrust bearing. But - there are MANY videos of RPM and CPS taking these stock LT4-shortblocks well into the 4-digits. Many of those builds are with Prochargers. I don't know if it's because of using Prochargers that RPM is comfortable with this power level (and lots of meth), but that's what I've noticed. CSP has an ZR1 LT5 (ported stock blower) going into the 4-digits and in the same video and Z06 LT4 (with a Maggie). I can't think of any of these videos where they say LT4s should go into the 4-digits. There LT5 has a different allow crank, same rods and pistons as LT4, but different bearings. So - it's hard to say. For Mexico-racing, maybe 4-digits isn't too bad. I doubt any of these companies would call these set-ups reliable for anything like a road course or half-to-full-mile racing.

I do recall Katech running a TT-stock LT5 shortblock up to about 1400-CHP before a rod bent.

I don't know more than what was in those videos though.

I wouldn't purport to know anything more than the anecdotes I just offered, HA.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 06-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #18
ramairroughneck

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
They aren't too far apart still. Where there could be a large departure is when it comes time to add the PI. Mike hasn't really updated too much with he and his son's little PI-adventure yet, so time will tell.

JRE has already posted something like a 1000-1100-RWHP build, and I think he was talking about a 1200-RWHP build he was kinda' trying to get to, but I don't recall all the details from that video. I think he was running a supplemental belt-DI pump and bigger injectors though.

CSP had posted videos comparing the two and I thought he mentioned the Edelbrock might not cool QUITE as well (the Edelbrock was on a CTS-V and he was comparing his ZL1), but I don't know that it cost much power.

It would be interesting to see a good comparison. I'm less interested in fueling than I am in IATs, but that's probably not common for most others because I have a lot of restrictions I'm trying to work within. That, and I'm more interested in good temps' and making the most of what I have. Those big builds are awesome but nothing I'd ever do.

Also - I don't recall if a 103 is the same bold pattern as a 95mm LT5 TB, but there's some room for porting the standard 90mm snout that comes with the Maggie. You'll have to do what Kong/Jokerz/etc do to the stock snout, and cut-out past the o-ring, but there's enough meat in the Maggie snout to fit an LT5-TB on there. Just FYI.
One thing I noticed in a CSP video where Andrew was at the Kong/Edelbrock booth was the fact that the Edelbrock blower with a Chiller would cool the rotors unlike any other blowers on the market. I never thought about it till then. If a chiller is your thing then you could cool the entire blower instead of only cooling above the runners. It would allow the rotors to be better chilled before a pass and cool the blower down after a heat cycle. Chilling the outsides would due very little to cool a Magnuson back down. Its not a big deal but if we want to look at designs and point out pluses, here’s one. Ease of port injection is another. In terms of power production out of the box I say the Maggie has a clear advantage with their inlet. I think they both are pretty stellar. You are gonna spend a crazy amount to make a car that can handle all that they can give

Last edited by ramairroughneck; 06-25-2020 at 06:42 PM.
ramairroughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 02:10 AM   #19
Hard Parker
OMWTFYB

Drives: ZL1
....Then do it and let us see the results

Click HERE to follow my build!!
Click HERE to follow me on Instagram

#savethemanuals
Hard Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 12:28 PM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
This is the only problem if you dont use port injection this price doesn't even include the blower.. my friend got this quote and shared with me.

Ted does excellent work and definitely isnt the highest you should of seen his katech quote.

This is for a cam, fore, belt driven pump r&r motor ect..to achieve the 1000 to 1100 pump e85 only. Every thing I did except maggi and uwe belt driven hpfp vs me using a fuel rail, id1050s, and haltec.

I did mine for atleast 10k less..

Don't get caught up in brick size, the maggi comes ported from the factory nothing fancy its snout and area by the rotor is really open just like the whipple that's it great advantage But once the Edelbrock is ported its efficiency improves so much no bottle neck to slow air movement allowing it to get even hotter. I was a Guinea pig for Kong he was like are you having trouble w iats I was ya some.. "I can see why" he had been doing mustang's 2650 which are similar and picking up 100 hp gains no doubt I got every but of that. Mine was done by hand they he scanned it so now he has a written cnc program.

I'm with you chiller would be awesome it's a dual pass setup flows 2x across the brick 1 time in the middle then 1x over each L and R intakes.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 02:01 PM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

I left your post the way it is until I hear from the Sponsor says it's okay to post what you did. You redacting what you have takes a lot out of context, and who knows if you're portraying something incorrectly. Labor and tax and other rates might not be comparable from one region to another. Also - did you pay full retail for everything? If not, that isn't representative if the Sponsor didn't apply a similar rate. If the Sponsor tells me directly you can post what you did, then you could put it back up. Until then, do not re-post it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-27-2020, 02:36 PM   #22
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I'd be more than happy to send you the entire quote to see that I'm in context. If your going to post hp results and boast in the public eye you better be willing to accept any criticisms good or bad as long as it's not a personal attack.

I thought this was a community to inform.. I do not argue or disrespect.

I may not always bring the information correctly(hurt feelings) to this forum or the FB pages but you can be certain I fight to inform people with correct information and never try to mislead fellow Camaro owners.

I do a lot for the camaro forums I've posted many how to articles to save the average joe lots of money, been pm'd here and messenger from finding me here answering numerous questions on builds and setups, and not to mention I made it possible for us to have a ton of carbon fiber parts by buying OEM parts w my own money so they would cast the mold and take the challenge.

Btw it's not like I popped outta now where I was just as active with my 5th gen 10 years ago..

I guess the easy way to say it if talk the talk I walk the walk I post the proof.. I don't just come up with facts out of my azz. After 5 builds now I go above and beyond to get many quotes from many shops and see how and why things are done to educate myself vs seeing a car make power and paying for something I dont understand.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber

Last edited by EDFHOBBIES; 06-27-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:47 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I'd be more than happy to send you the entire quote to see that I'm in context. If your going to post hp results and boast in the public eye you better be willing to accept any criticisms good or bad as long as it's not a personal attack.

I thought this was a community to inform.. I do not argue or disrespect.

I may not always bring the information correctly(hurt feelings) to this forum or the FB pages but you can be certain I fight to inform people with correct information and never try to mislead fellow Camaro owners.

I do a lot for the camaro forums I've posted many how to articles to save the average joe lots of money, been pm'd here and messenger from finding me here answering numerous questions on builds and setups, and not to mention I made it possible for us to have a ton of carbon fiber parts by buying OEM parts w my own money so they would cast the mold and take the challenge.

Btw it's not like I popped outta now where I was just as active with my 5th gen 10 years ago..
This is a public forum. There is no free speech here. We are all expected to be respectful to each other. I, too, have to follow the same guidelines as everyone else here. Stay on topic and stop trying to create a fight. Probably, a lot of people are happy about whatever your combination is. Good for you. Congrats'. Maybe take more time to be concise and direct in what you're saying, because all it looks like is another Edelbrock vs. Magnuson thread, started once again, by you. Either your grammar is not good, or you don't care enough to take the time to convey what you're trying to. Either way, it's not effective. Stop instigating and start helping, if that's what you're trying to do.

STOP it.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-27-2020, 03:04 PM   #24
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Will do.. btw I do have bad grammar from a learning disorder and dyslexia thanks for pointing it out! It's tough to live with but, it did pay for a lot of my college through available scholarships and grants.

Thanks

Old 06-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #25
radz28
Petro-sexual

GAWD DAMNIT. Thanks for giving me a reason to feel like a real shit head. That obviously changes what I see from my side. While I had no way to know that before (if it's hard to believe I'm not stalking you, I'm really not, ha; and not that it would be my business in anyway), I would like to say two things:

I am sorry for being as short and aggressive. While I stand behind what I've said, I would certainly not have been the way I was knowing what I know now. The angle it seemed, to me, you were coming from may not have been within the context of which you were offering it.

I will do my best to remember, in the future, to try to be more understanding of the new information.

And for anyone else - I'm not deleting this because I'm being transparent and respectful of another Member. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to seem like I'm hiding anything or running away. If EDF' wants me to, I will, but I will leave this up for transparency.

And sorry for getting off-topic. If the Sponsor says it's okay, we will put it back up and the rest of the comments that you had.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 06-27-2020, 03:40 PM   #26
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

No problem thanks for the apology.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:19 AM   #27
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I noticed that you said the Maggie was ported from the factory. I was an employee for almost 2 years and had one of the first 2650 that I ran at the Camaro Fest in 2019. I'm unaware of any porting that is done at the factory prior to shipping. There was some porting done on the 2300r, but that's the only one I know of. I will find out for sure and correct my statement if I'm wrong.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:49 AM   #28
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Since you jumped into my build thread and used Mike's test info to compare against my findings I only use his to compare with my results so its equal. I know at the time his unit was the only unit around when I built my car and it was stage 2 clearly stated in the video part 2 at around 1:30 so I'm basing on that. Not sure what a customer receives but maggi did a great job leaving a lot of opening in front of the rotors.. I'm also positive I saw another video where mike said they were factory ported or machined.. nothing like kong or jokerz.. and it might only be in the casting so you would not see cnc evidence.
Attached Images