Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #1
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
What extended warranties are there, and are they dealer or GM based?

If dealer offers one, is it exclusive to just them, or do they have nationwide GM ones.

Wondering if I can work one of these into my deal for little to almost no cost.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:27 PM   #2
andrec10

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6SP/Suby Legacy 6
GMEPP.
andrec10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #3
Lethalphoenix

Drives: 2013 SS// 2016 SS
I just bought a 2016 1ss and the dealer, after much haggling, gave me a 6yr. 100k bumper to bumper GM warranty. The only thing not covered is the tires, brake pads and wiper blades!
Lethalphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #4
Zultain7

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethalphoenix View Post
I just bought a 2016 1ss and the dealer, after much haggling, gave me a 6yr. 100k bumper to bumper GM warranty. The only thing not covered is the tires, brake pads and wiper blades!
I got the same thing. Does yours also cover hotel expenditures if you happen to get stuck somewhere in your car?
3000 Status on 9/3
3300 Status on 10/8
3400 Status on 10/9
3800 Status on 10/19
Delivery 12/28
Zultain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #5
Lethalphoenix

Drives: 2013 SS// 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zultain7 View Post
I got the same thing. Does yours also cover hotel expenditures if you happen to get stuck somewhere in your car?
Good question... I don't know! I'll check when I pick it up tomorrow!
Lethalphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 01:32 AM   #6
Cautionary tale

Drives: 2016 camaro 2ss summit white
Hey

Yea I haggle my way into 100,000 mile after paying $2000, lol
Cautionary tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 02:30 AM   #7
LovePhenom
I am a UAW/GM employee.

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6
I have GMPP Major Guard. I had it on my 2011 Malibu & when I traded it in, it was still under warranty so GM let's you roll the remainder over into the new vehicle which gave me a good price fir the 2016 Camaro's warranty.
Summit White 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS V6 Auto w/ Adrenaline Red Interior, Red Hash Marks, 20" Machined Face Aluminum Wheels, Convenience & Lighting Package, Performance Exhaust , 8" MyLink w/ Navigation, Sunroof, RS Wheel Caps, GlowTie, Splash Guards, Red LGX Engine Cover, All Weather Premium Floor Mats, Cargo Mat, Red Knee Bolsters, Black Front Fascia Extension, RS Floor Console Lid, Red MGP Caliper Covers, ZL1 AddOns Tow Hook, 2017 ZL1 Spoiler.

Coming
Soon:

LovePhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:36 AM   #8
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
So this is something I can get thrown into my cars deal? Full coverage for 100k miles?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:44 AM   #9
Jason29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
So this is something I can get thrown into my cars deal? Full coverage for 100k miles?
If it gets thrown in, you'll be paying for it somewhere in the deal. Either paying more for the car, less for your trade, etc. The best way to buy a GMPP warranty is to Google GM dealers who sell them online nationwide (there are plenty of dealers who do this). They will most likely be selling them at a much lower cost than your local dealer, as they sell them on volume online. These are the same GMPP warranties your dealer sells. Just make sure they are a legitimate GM dealer. Then if you like, show the prices to your local dealer and see if they will match or beat the online price. Some will and some won't and use scare tactics of why you shouldn't buy it online. The reality is, GMPP can be used at any GM dealer nationwide, regardless of where you buy it. You have until the end of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty to buy one, but they are cheaper sooner after you take delivery of the new car. The longer terms and mileage are often the best value and can be canceled for a prorated refund if you sell the car or transferred.

Hope this helps!
Jason29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:49 AM   #10
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Do you guys know if the extended warranty that the dealers offer you for the interior covers any discoloration to the Ceramic White? Supposedly it covers anything but rips or punctures. I recall seeing the dealer service bulletin, but I was told that the extended warranty they offer is different however I don't trust it.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:52 AM   #11
Jason29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethalphoenix View Post
Good question... I don't know! I'll check when I pick it up tomorrow!
GMPP's major guard coverage plan provides:

Trip Interruption

If you are on a trip more than 100 miles from home and haven’t reached your destination, Major Guard will reimburse you up to $150 per day ($750 maximum) for unplanned hotel and/or restaurant expenses incurred if a covered component fails and requires more than a day to repair. All work must be completed at a licensed repair facility. No deductible will apply and original receipts must be provided.

The less inclusive GMPP plans don't have trip interruption coverage, only major guard.
Jason29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:36 AM   #12
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason29 View Post
If it gets thrown in, you'll be paying for it somewhere in the deal. Either paying more for the car, less for your trade, etc. The best way to buy a GMPP warranty is to Google GM dealers who sell them online nationwide (there are plenty of dealers who do this). They will most likely be selling them at a much lower cost than your local dealer, as they sell them on volume online. These are the same GMPP warranties your dealer sells. Just make sure they are a legitimate GM dealer. Then if you like, show the prices to your local dealer and see if they will match or beat the online price. Some will and some won't and use scare tactics of why you shouldn't buy it online. The reality is, GMPP can be used at any GM dealer nationwide, regardless of where you buy it. You have until the end of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty to buy one, but they are cheaper sooner after you take delivery of the new car. The longer terms and mileage are often the best value and can be canceled for a prorated refund if you sell the car or transferred.

Hope this helps!
So have you done got a GMPP or GMEPP on the new 2016 yet ? If so which term/mileage ?
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #13
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Extended warranties unfortunately have almost become a must. Use it one time and it will pay for itself.
The cost is pretty much pure profit for the dealer weighted against you not having to use it.
They will typically start around $3k, but once you've had them settle for MUCH less, you will never settle for anything else.
When I bought my 2015 1LE It came time to talk warranty. I told him that I wanted the 7 year/100k mile for $1500. He looked at me weird and said "where did you get that before?". I said, "from you".
He pulled me up in the computer and went.. "huh...".. Okay... done.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #14
ScratchAce

Drives: 2SS - Hyper Blue/Ceramic White
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Do you guys know if the extended warranty that the dealers offer you for the interior covers any discoloration to the Ceramic White? Supposedly it covers anything but rips or punctures. I recall seeing the dealer service bulletin, but I was told that the extended warranty they offer is different however I don't trust it.
I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I doubt it would be covered, but maybe??

ScratchAce is offline   Reply With Quote