Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM   #15
Lethalphoenix

Drives: 2013 SS// 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Extended warranties unfortunately have almost become a must. Use it one time and it will pay for itself.
The cost is pretty much pure profit for the dealer weighted against you not having to use it.
They will typically start around $3k, but once you've had them settle for MUCH less, you will never settle for anything else.
When I bought my 2015 1LE It came time to talk warranty. I told him that I wanted the 7 year/100k mile for $1500. He looked at me weird and said "where did you get that before?". I said, "from you".
He pulled me up in the computer and went.. "huh...".. Okay... done.
Damn it... Should have held out for one more year coverage! Lol. It's all good. I did get mine for $850 though.
Lethalphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:49 PM   #16
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
What is the lowest these plans can go for? Seems like another way to get ripped off if you do not do your research well enough. And is this a dealer cost, or directly with GM. Dealer just takes a % as profit?.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:25 PM   #17
Jason29

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I have not bought one for my 2016 Camaro. I don't keep my cars long enough to need one, but would probably seriously consider one if I planned to keep the car a while. These are sponsored by GM, but bought through your GM dealer, so there is markup on them. It pays to shop online and locally to get the best price.

Attached is a price sheet I got from just one quick inquiry online from Greg Bell Chevrolet. I am in no way affiliated with them and don't know where their pricing compares to others online, but it should be a good starting point for an idea on price. I'd recommend shopping around like I said. These prices are on the top of the line major guard plan. There is less coverage for less available.
Attached Images

Jason29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #18
Lethalphoenix

Drives: 2013 SS// 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
What is the lowest these plans can go for? Seems like another way to get ripped off if you do not do your research well enough. And is this a dealer cost, or directly with GM. Dealer just takes a % as profit?.
I'm not sure, but I'm happy with bumper to bumper from GM for 6yrs 100k miles. $850 is a good investment I think! Just my opinion.
Lethalphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:41 PM   #19
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
GMEPP covers magnetic shocks. A dealer in Montana has got the best prices and will price match. Just bought one from him last week.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #20
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 SS;2010 Camaro SS/RS; 2015 Z06
I bought a GM warranty that gave my car 100,000 mile protection with no time limit. Considering my 2010 just has 5,000 miles on it, we figured that this is probably a good value for us. If you drive the car a lot, it wouldn't really be worth it.
Dr. Love2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:30 PM   #21
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethalphoenix View Post
I'm not sure, but I'm happy with bumper to bumper from GM for 6yrs 100k miles. $850 is a good investment I think! Just my opinion.
6 years 100k for ONLY 850?? BUMPER to BUMPER? That's incredible..

Define B2B though. Because they always have fine print. Or you have to fight the dealer.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:32 PM   #22
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love2 View Post
I bought a GM warranty that gave my car 100,000 mile protection with no time limit. Considering my 2010 just has 5,000 miles on it, we figured that this is probably a good value for us. If you drive the car a lot, it wouldn't really be worth it.
If your 2010 only has 5k, and you owned it since release.. Then...... How is that NOT a good value? For me? For you, no. but I put about 100k in 8 years on my current car. This includes various 500+ mile road trips to and from college. Now that I'm out, it'll be way less. Sounds like a solid deal.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:01 PM   #23
Dr. Love2
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 SS;2010 Camaro SS/RS; 2015 Z06
Quote:
If your 2010 only has 5k, and you owned it since release.. Then...... How is that NOT a good value? For me? For you, no. but I put about 100k in 8 years on my current car. This includes various 500+ mile road trips to and from college. Now that I'm out, it'll be way less. Sounds like a solid deal.
Not a good value for most people. Great value for me. They didn't offer that when I bought the '10. I jumped on it for my '16 and it is tranferable.
Dr. Love2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:18 PM   #24
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
I got extended warranty on mine just because of the value. I never ever get it on a new vehicle except for the camaro I actually did. I also did get a discount coupon book from Huffines that covers pretty much all maintenance, parts and other stuff either free, half off or X% off. The thing is called Driver's 1 Card.

I did get extended warranty (with the driver's 1 card ofc) on my used malibu as well. But I tend to get extended warranty on used vehicles as they either have high millage / warranty about to run out / I will be keeping it to / above 100k.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:44 PM   #25
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I got extended warranty on mine just because of the value. I never ever get it on a new vehicle except for the camaro I actually did. I also did get a discount coupon book from Huffines that covers pretty much all maintenance, parts and other stuff either free, half off or X% off. The thing is called Driver's 1 Card.

I did get extended warranty (with the driver's 1 card ofc) on my used malibu as well. But I tend to get extended warranty on used vehicles as they either have high millage / warranty about to run out / I will be keeping it to / above 100k.
TR, where did u get that coupon book? Dealer?
Old 01-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #26
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Love2 View Post
Not a good value for most people. Great value for me. They didn't offer that when I bought the '10. I jumped on it for my '16 and it is tranferable.
$850 for bumper to bumper for 100k/6 years sounds SOLID to me.. I would get that BEFORE any other upgrade on my car. But like i said, how much fighting would you have to do with the dealer and or GM to get things covered. Say, a blown engine, worse case scenario.
Old 01-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #27
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
TR, where did u get that coupon book? Dealer?
It got sent to me via mail after I got both vehicles (1 for each vehicle)
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote