Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #99
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That is a rip.

Yet another reason to not live there. I really can't understand why anyone does.
I am living in Cali because I clear $45,000 annually working only 4 months a year. This is working in my family's fruit farms in North Cal. Otherwise I'd be out of here for sure. This state is ridiculous! We hired Terminator for governor. Nuff said!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #100
miolady

Drives: '10 red jewel, L99, Borla axleback,
When my business concludes soon, I'm gone too. Things here often make no sense at all and people embrace that!
miolady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #101
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I am living in Cali because I clear $45,000 annually working only 4 months a year. This is working in my family's fruit farms in North Cal. Otherwise I'd be out of here for sure. This state is ridiculous! We hired Terminator for governor. Nuff said!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miolady View Post
When my business concludes soon, I'm gone too. Things here often make no sense at all and people embrace that!
All I ask is if you guy do leave don't bring CA's mentality to the state you end up at.

Pa is starting to act a lot like CA. Rendell isn't here anymore so it's not quite as bad.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #102
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
All I ask is if you guy do leave don't bring CA's mentality to the state you end up at.

Pa is starting to act a lot like CA. Rendell isn't here anymore so it's not quite as bad.
Don't worry, I am not into politics. I just want to work and keep my most of my money. I don't surf, grow weed, or take a liberal stand. I hate hate hate front license plates! I don't belong here.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #103
D-RockSS12
I like money

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS, Bitchin
Too many bootches were that jealousy cologne.
D-RockSS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #104
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Don't worry, I am not into politics. I just want to work and keep my most of my money. I don't surf, grow weed, or take a liberal stand. I hate hate hate front license plates! I don't belong here.
What's wrong with weed?

JDK
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #105
midnighter
Account Suspended

Quote:
What's wrong with weed?

JDK
Nothing, just not my thing.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #106
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
I just threw the drag radials on my car and took it through the canyon for a run to check my meth settings and a car coming the other way was blinking its headlights with either means you have your high beams on or there's a LEO up ahead. I knew my lights were off so I proceeded to slow down a bit and up a head was a CHP unit setting up the mobile radar trailer. The scary thing is I didn't see him when I passed that spot a couple minutes earlier which meant he just got there or I drove by him.

For those that don't know this gesture of good will, please pass it on since it may save you but someday. I think I will save until I get to the track later today.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #107
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
The rounds can't be attached to the firearm in anyway or form including the shell holders you see on shotguns. Shells attached this way = loaded firearm.

I don't believe this is correct. It just can't be in a position that is readily fired. Attached to the stock is not readily fireable.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #108
Nessal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
If I remember right not only does the gun have to be NOT loaded but the ammo itself actually has to be outside the reach of the driver...please correct me if I'm wrong on that because it wouldn't be the first time

That would be incorrect. By the way, if you are transporting a handgun then it has to be.in a locked container. Long guns need to only be in a locked container if it is an AW or if you are not simply "passing by" within 1000' of a school.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #109
Nessal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureh2o2 View Post
I recently purchased 3040 KRAG from a collector that I sold it 2 years ago. Kept rifle and ammo in trunk w/rifle unloaded....that was right? Thanks!

That's pretty safe. long guns do not have to be locked in general. But they have to be unloadrd. That means clear chamber and no loaded mags in the firearm. you can have loaded mags next to it but it can not be inserted into the firearm..
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #110
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I don't believe this is correct. It just can't be in a position that is readily fired. Attached to the stock is not readily fireable.
I will have to look that one up, that's how I remember it.
Better to not take chances.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #111
plan-b
No Compromise

Drives: '04 996 C4S, '11 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post
I will have to look that one up, that's how I remember it.
Better to not take chances.
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/De..._in_California

See People vs. Clark.

Loaded is defined as ammunition that is placed in a position from which it can be fired. So in a case like a shotgun side-saddle, it can have shells in it. The magazine tube and chamber, however, can not. For magazine fed rifles and handguns, they can have ammo in the mags and be within the vicinity of the firearm, but can not be placed in the mag well even if the chamber is empty.
plan-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #112
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Have to update the military info ... Those who transfer have per DMV "Nonresident military personnel stationed in California or their spouses may operate their vehicles with valid out-of-state license plates from their home state or the state where the military person was last stationed". Now that changes once you - Claim a homeowner's exemption in California.
Rent or lease a residence in California
Military personnel, stationed in California are exempt from payment of the vehicle license fee (VLF) on any vehicle owned or leased and registered in California provided:
  • The nonresident military owner is shown as a lessee or registered owner of the vehicle.
  • The vehicle is not operated "for hire.