Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #15
MightymouseSS

Drives: 2011 LS3
+1 for stainless power you won't find a better header for the price its got everything you need from ss304 to the merge spikes.
SLP loudmouth 2
Nightfury Cam
Mike Norris CC
Tuned by Southwest Speed
MightymouseSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #16
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
TSP IMO
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #17
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS/1LE
if your looking for Bang for the Buck... TSP or Stainless Power great build quality and great fitment. I just put a set(TSP) on a friends 2010 and will be running 1 7/8 Catless with their 3" exhaust on my 1LE.
Ajdin@A2BMotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #18
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Also keep in mind, Kooks recently came out with value packs which lowered the price about $100-$150 a set.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:53 AM   #19
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse454545 View Post
Okay im on the verge of buying some headers real soon like tomorrow soon and would like to know which one of these two headers would be the ideal choice to go with and why? If i get the TSP (not SLP I had to correct) it will be new and online, but if i get the Kooks it will be used from a member on here im planning on buying it from and leave close to me for a real good price. Thanks for the help in advance
I don't know about the SLP Headers, but the Kooks header fit perfect and I had them installed on the car in less that 4 hours using a floor jack. I went with the 1 7/8. I would highly recommend Maryland Speed if you have not already made a purchace. They have had the best price I have seen and I believe they were offereing free coating.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #20
newagemuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
I have SLP and love them. They are holding up great. My brother has Kooks on his 2011 Camaro and they rattle and look like sh*t already. He just ordered SLP headers and can't wait to get the Kooks off. He called Kooks direct and all they told him is sometimes you get bad ones. I wouldn't but anything from these a$$holes..
That's funny you say they look like crap. Were your brothers coated? If their not... they all tend to look pretty bad after a while. From what I remember when shopping around and comparing the SLP vs the Kooks, Kooks actually use a higher grade of stainless steel too. Maybe they were a bad batch. Mine fit love a glove with no rattles at all. I'm not anti SLP in any way. The rest of my system is SLP and had I not gone with the KOOKS I would have went with the SLP.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #21
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse454545 View Post
Okay im on the verge of buying some headers real soon like tomorrow soon and would like to know which one of these two headers would be the ideal choice to go with and why? If i get the TSP (not SLP I had to correct) it will be new and online, but if i get the Kooks it will be used from a member on here im planning on buying it from and leave close to me for a real good price. Thanks for the help in advance
There is no comparison between the two. Kooks is a far superior set of headers. Like others have mentioned, Stainless Power would be another great option for something new in the same price range as TSP. They are a really nice set of headers for the money.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 AM   #22
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Talk the person with the KOOKS down on the price since there aren't any connection pipes.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Both are good products and will most likely perform the same, last longer than your car......and quite possibly you too! Most all your common brand names will perform and last the same.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
I have SLP and love them. They are holding up great. My brother has Kooks on his 2011 Camaro and they rattle and look like sh*t already. He just ordered SLP headers and can't wait to get the Kooks off. He called Kooks direct and all they told him is sometimes you get bad ones. I wouldn't but anything from these a$$holes..
I can't believe someone told him that. That would get a rep fired at Kooks.

Rattling is an adjustment issue at install. Someone needs to go back and try a little harder on the install unless there is an unfixable contact issue. If so, Kooks would replace that.

In terms of appearance, SLP's are 409 stainless, which is lower quality and will develop surface rust. Because of that, they ceramic coat them from the factory.

Kooks are 304 aircraft grade stainless. They will NOT rust, so they do not ceramic coat them to prevent rust. 304 stainless does bronze over time. I am guessing the bronzing is why you think they look bad?
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemuscle View Post
I don't know about the SLP Headers, but the Kooks header fit perfect and I had them installed on the car in less that 4 hours using a floor jack. I went with the 1 7/8. I would highly recommend Maryland Speed if you have not already made a purchace. They have had the best price I have seen and I believe they were offereing free coating.

which coating is that on your headers?

I will most likely go with Kooks stepped headers, no cats and there full exaust
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
newagemuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
which coating is that on your headers?

I will most likely go with Kooks stepped headers, no cats and there full exaust
I had them done locally here in Michigan. Just ceramic coated. I know there is supposed to be a benefit when it comes to under hood temps... regardless I would have done it for the looks.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #27
detox

Drives: 2002 ss camaro
I have a very old pair of SLP headers on my everyday driver 2002 SS Camaro and they still look pretty good (very little rust). I purchased them new in 2002 when they were on sale. Wait for SLP to put the gen 5 headers on sale...free shipping or 10% off list price.

www.slponline.com
detox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #28
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
I've had my 1 7/8's since April of 2010 thanks to Maryland speed. No issues EVER.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, headers, kooks, slp, sound