Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #29
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Elequontly spoken. I'm in total agreement.

The moral of the story: chill out people.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #30
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Explain to me why someone who already has their car is telling others to be patient? Wouldn't this speech have more value coming from someone who doesn't have their car yet?

People's current leases are running out, people who ordered in March are getting their cars faster than people who preordered...don't try to tell people to be patient just because you're finished with the whole process.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #31
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
Nicely put... You are wise Sensei -- I take heed!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #32
Hyperknight
Band.

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Explain to me why someone who already has their car is telling others to be patient? Wouldn't this speech have more value coming from someone who doesn't have their car yet?

People's current leases are running out, people who ordered in March are getting their cars faster than people who preordered...don't try to tell people to be patient just because you're finished with the whole process.
^^this
Old 05-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #33
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS

Great post!

I will have to wait since I just ordered on the 5th of May and will not be one of the lucky ones to get a pre-ordered car with a low VIN number but will wait patientley for my Camaro RS/SS.
Yup! It gets here when it gets here! Plus I still love my car I have now!

Just gives me and the hubby more time to look at and buy some Factory Accesories and aftermarket options to purchase for it beforehand!
Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 PM   #34
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Excellent post !!

We are true enthusiasts, just a wee bit overanxious...

Patience is a virtue.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #35
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
What I am ultimately hoping for is that everyone gets their cars. Gets a car that is as perfect as it can be made and that we all enjoy these beuaties to their fullest.

I know that the anxiety is a killer.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #36
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

I must say stoutfiles, it appears someone has peed in your cornflakes this morning. Now that I said that, there seems to be a fundamental problem here. I keep reading "my car" all over the threads about not having "your car" yet. The car isnt yours until the deal is done. GM is trying its best to get you a MY 2010 car in the 2nd and 3rd quarters of the MY2009. So be patient!!! This is coming from someone who's car was born yesterday and ordered in Nov. of 2008. Be thankful that you have been afforded the opportunity to even order one this early. (stepping off my little soap box)

OP congrats on your new car. I always enjoy reading post like yours.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #37
angelic

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to angelic Send a message via MSN to angelic
Very well said and congrats! Can't wait to see it!
angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #38
Marvb549

Drives: 07 Silverado, 1975 LT 350 CID
Quote:

VIN 1049, built last day of the first week of production. Ordered first hour of the first day of Pre order cycle from behind a computer in Iraq. Only paper trail is the e-mail messages. No clue what status is, no clue where it is, no means to find out, still in Iraq. No way to contact my dealer, and they do not contact me very often. Last word was maybe between 16 and 22 May. Fair enough, I wait. I am patient.

So now I say, chill out, be cool, be patient, and most of all....

KEEP THE FAITH!

The OP was dead on and if you research my posts you will find this has been my message throughout, on this and the other forums. Even if mine showed up tomorrow, I would not be able to take delivery, I am still sitting in Iraq. How is that for patience? Based on the ideology of the quoted post, I think I am well founded to support the OP comments and reinforce them and say that "Patience is its own reward!"

I can't wait to take delivery of that car. And when I do it will be a truly great experience. No bad memories, because I did not allow anything to give me any!

Take care, have fun and enjoy your new ride when you get it. Be patient, it will come and it will be worth it. Oh, and did I mention....

KEEP THE FAITH!

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts on the subject.

2010 Camaro RJT SS/RS M6 #1049(Soon),2009 CrewCab Z71, 2007 Silverado (Trade on 2010), 1998 Brickyard 400 SS Z28 Convertible #3, 86 CJ7 SBC 305, '75 Camaro LT 350CID
New Shopping list: Third Gen IROC-Z and 69RS and will complete my Generations collection!!!!!
Marvb549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #39
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:

I don't have my car yrt... so here, I'll say be patient! I don't bug my dealer evryday, but I do stop by and sjoot the breeze with my sales guy and he informs of anything new. I don't expecr a daily situational report or think that the dealer, GM or even fbodfather owes me any explanation.... yes want info has been given has been nice, but no one has to give it. So I'm in total agreement with greenrail about being patient.... or it couls be that we aren't that far off in age!

Anyway, congrats on your car greenrail!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 02:11 PM   #40
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSJIM View Post
I don't have my car yrt... so here, I'll say be patient! I don't bug my dealer evryday, but I do stop by and sjoot the breeze with my sales guy and he informs of anything new. I don't expecr a daily situational report or think that the dealer, GM or even fbodfather owes me any explanation.... yes want info has been given has been nice, but no one has to give it. So I'm in total agreement with greenrail about being patient.... or it couls be that we aren't that far off in age!

Anyway, congrats on your car greenrail!
Thanks. I did much the same. I would stop in to chat. Not bugging my guy here. What was funny, was he was telling me about another customer who ordered one.

Oh my goodness, it would be enough to drive one to drink. Every day, phone calls. But, I guess that is human nature.

It all stems from everyone's excitement about this car.

I don't need a gazilion horsepower, I don't need the fastest car on the street. I actually don't need this car. However, I love this car. I want this car. I am so glad my bride agreed to let me pursue this.

eitehr way, when I fire that baby up for my weekend cruising, I know I will be doing so with what Scott calls a "Permagrin!"
Old 05-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #41
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Well said. I guess us older guys that were around before video games, cell phones, cable TV, the internet, microwave ovens, etc., etc., don't suffer as much from the "instant gratification" syndrome that some of the younger people experience.
Always makes me think of my favorite comic strip I miss so much, "Calvin and Hobbes." Young Calvin is sanding in front of the microwave oven reading off the package and ranting, "FOUR MINUTES,,,,, Who's got that kind of time!!!"
God I miss Calvin and Hobbes! My favorite comic! And though I may be young, i learned 'hurry up and wait' from my time in the Marines Nothing good comes easy.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #42
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Excellent read.

Thank you, and enjoy your new ride.

Can't wait to order mine.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote