Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Photos/Videos From The 2012 Rocky Mountain Rally (Pic Heavy)

During the past week, I participated in the 2012 Rocky Mountain Rally, driving from Colorado Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV. The rally is done by an organization called Rally North America (RNA). Roughly 40 people participated, driving 30 cars. Many traveled thousands of miles to be at the rally, some coming from as far as Canada. Considering how small-scale the organization is, I was extremely impressed with how well the rally was organized and executed. This was the first time I'd ever participated in a road rally, and I will certainly be doing it again next year, especially since it only cost $200 to enter.

Every year, RNA donated all proceeds from each of it's rallies to a specific charity, a new one is chosen each year. Last years charity was the The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund , and this year's charity was the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis (ACP), and RNA and the rally participants raised over $61,000 for ACP! So here's all the pictures I took during the rally, and also a video I made with the dash cam.Enjoy!

Day Zero: 1st hotel and driver's meeting
Colorado Springs, CO

Day One: Start Line At Pikes Peak International Raceway, Finish In Glennwood Springs, CO

Pikes Peak

Day Two: Start in Glennwood Springs, CO and end in Salina, UT

30 miles to go and not a gas station in sight

My Team (Team Stig)

Day Three: Start In Salina, UT And End In Las Vegas, NV

Our Hotel

After the rally was finished, I went to a place called Exotic Racing, which lets you drive super cars around a road coarse. I drove two cars, a Porsche 997 Turbo S, and a Lamborghini Aventador

Probably one of the better experiences of my life. Good thing I remembered to bring my camera. I look forward to doing next year's rally as well. As you saw in one of the pics above, there was a guy filming for us, named TJ. He is very good at what he does, and he anticipates that the video will be completed by September or October, so I'll post it on this thread then. And now, the videos so far. the bottom video is last year's rally, Rally Appalachia made by TJ (just click the link).

http://vimeo.com/33361137http://vimeo.com/33361137

Last edited by Powhusku; 09-02-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Powhusku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Awesome! Looks fun
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #3
JoansDriver
Hoser Orange

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Awesome. That looks like quite the experience.
JoansDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
Powhusku

Thanks. They're already planning next years rallies. The soonest one will be going through New England and Canada. Follow the link for if you're interested http://www.rallynorthamerica.com/node/11
Old 09-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Very cool pics... thank-you for posting them

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
SS4PK

Drives: 2010SS
looks like a lot of fun.

Her Hot Rod.
SS4PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Looks totally awesome. Would love to join one.

Anyone know if they will have any near Texas anytime soon?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
During the past week, I participated in the 2012 Rocky Mountain Rally, driving from Colorado Springs, CO to Las Vegas, NV. The rally is done by an organization called Rally North America (RNA). Roughly 40 people participated, driving 30 cars. Many traveled thousands of miles to be at the rally, some coming from as far as Canada. Considering how small-scale the organization is, I was extremely impressed with how well the rally was organized and executed. This was the first time I'd ever participated in a road rally, and I will certainly be doing it again next year, especially since it only cost $200 to enter.

Every year, RNA donated all proceeds from each of it's rallies to a specific charity, a new one is chosen each year. Last years charity was the The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund , and this year's charity was the Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis (ACP), and RNA and the rally participants raised over $61,000 for ACP! So here's all the pictures I took during the rally, and also a video I made with the dash cam.Enjoy!

Day Zero: 1st hotel and driver's meeting
Colorado Springs, CO

Day One: Start Line At Pikes Peak International Raceway, Finish In Glennwood Springs, CO

Pikes Peak

Day Two: Start in Glennwood Springs, CO and end in Salina, UT

30 miles to go and not a gas station in sight

My Team (Team Stig)

Day Three: Start In Salina, UT And End In Las Vegas, NV

Our Hotel

After the rally was finished, I went to a place called Exotic Racing, which lets you drive super cars around a road coarse. I drove two cars, a Porsche 997 Turbo S, and a Lamborghini Aventador

Probably one of the better experiences of my life. Good thing I remembered to bring my camera. I look forward to doing next year's rally as well. As you saw in one of the pics above, there was a guy filming for us, named TJ. He is very good at what he does, and he anticipates that the video will be completed by September or October, so I'll post it on this thread then. And now, the videos so far. the bottom video is last year's rally, Rally Appalachia made by TJ (just click the link).

http://vimeo.com/33361137http://vimeo.com/33361137

Would much rather hear the engine sound than the annoying music.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:49 AM   #9
Powhusku

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
Looks totally awesome. Would love to join one.

Anyone know if they will have any near Texas anytime soon?
They had one last year that went along route 66. Not sure if exactly where the western-US one will go, probably along the coast is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
Would much rather hear the engine sound than the annoying music.
Ditto, but the wind is all you can hear in the original video. Hit the mute button if you dont like the music.

If you want to hear the engine, watch this:

Old 09-03-2012, 03:05 AM   #10
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Congrats on participating in an unique experience. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it enough to participate again.

I'm curious as to one of the pictures that showed an interior shot with a camera suspended from the windshield, what type of camera was that? It didn't look like a Gopro. There was another shot towards the beginning (11th one down)and a camera mounted on the door that didn't look familiar to me also?

Since I live in New England, I might be interested in doing this next year. Is there any information that you can share that I need to prepare for something like this? PM please.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 09-03-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
They had one last year that went along route 66. Not sure if exactly where the western-US one will go, probably along the coast is my guess.

Ditto, but the wind is all you can hear in the original video. Hit the mute button if you dont like the music.

If you want to hear the engine, watch this:

What gear was it in when you stepped on it?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #12
Powhusku

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
What gear was it in when you stepped on it?
2nd.
Old 09-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #13
Powhusku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Congrats on participating in an unique experience. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it enough to participate again.

I'm curious as to one of the pictures that showed an interior shot with a camera suspended from the windshield, what type of camera was that? It didn't look like a Gopro. There was another shot towards the beginning (11th one down)and a camera mounted on the door that didn't look familiar to me also?

Since I live in New England, I might be interested in doing this next year. Is there any information that you can share that I need to prepare for something like this? PM please.
Those were just regular point-and shoot cameras. The silver one (interior) is a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS, and the black one is a Sony HX9V, I also used a Sony HX100V. All three were used to take the pictures and were also used for the dashcam video. I used a Panavise 809 Suction Cup Mount to mount them to the door and windshield and roof. Very very good camera mount IMO.

I'll PM ya about Rally New England 2013.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #14
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Those were just regular point-and shoot cameras. The silver one (interior) is a Canon PowerShot SD1200 IS, and the black one is a Sony HX9V, I also used a Sony HX100V. All three were used to take the pictures and were also used for the dashcam video. I used a Panavise 809 Suction Cup Mount to mount them to the door and windshield and roof. Very very good camera mount IMO.

I'll PM ya about Rally New England 2013.
Thanks for the info I have another question, what software are you editing the videos with? I have to say you did a great job with editing those videos. I liked how you timed it to end with the song. Is it difficult to attach music to a video? I've never done it and would like to learn.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote