Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
BigBlue2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM A6
Paint protection prices

I just got quotes from my local dealer on Avery Nano PPF today. Below are the prices. I want to know if these are comparable to what others have paid to get this installed.

Full hood, bumper, lights, roof, front quarter panels, side mirrors, gills, rocker panels, rear quarter panels and door handles: $1350

Partial hood and front quarter panels, bumper, lights, side mirrors, door handles and gills: $760

Bumper, lights, side mirrors and gills: $455

Not sure what package i want to go with. Looking for some advice!
BigBlue2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
In my opinion these dealer add on's are a waste of Money.

A good quality wax and carefull washing, keeping the car clean will produce the same results.

Dealers LOVE these thing in the "Closing" room.

I wouldn't do it.

My Bad,I didn't realize this was "Clear Bra".....still seems to much

Last edited by 67motorcat; 02-20-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Thought it was Wax protection
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Advice?

Wax the car yourself and put that $1000 into mods.

That stuff is snake oil
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
2ss2012

Drives: 2012 2ss ahen grey
Clear bra is a good choice
2ss2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
BigBlue, first of all Coog is incorrect. Paint protection film is a great product and will keep your vehicle chip free. Wax will not do that... and I am willing to bet he is talking about the dealer add on sealants... and they are a waste. But getting a clear bra is a great idea and there are countless Camaro owners in this forum that will atttest to that. Second those prices are pretty good but there is one problem with it. Avery does not make the Nano Fusion line of film yet in 60" widths... so the full hood can not be covred with it. Either your installer is lying to you or he mispoke about the film that will be applied to the hood. In fact Avery has shut down production of the Nano Film for a few months now and I will have been able to get my hands on any of it. If he can produce the film to you (it comes with a translucent backing making it nearly see through) and he gives you a warranty card stating such then somehow he has managed to get some film... probably been sitting on it for a while. But if he has it thats a good price for the coverage. I would just find out what he is really going to wrap the hood with... because it wont be Nano Fusion.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
StarkCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary
those prices are about right I myself got Xpel Extreme Film Installed on my by a local installer, He covered the upper & lower bumper,fenders,rockers, rear quarter panel,roof,A-pillars,door cups,hood 24in ,all lights, mirrors, and trunk area for $1025.
StarkCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I think the first few responders were confusing a dealer applied paint protection sealant and clear bras/film.

If you have a legit concern for stone chips (which it seems all camaros do) then its an excellent idea to have one installed. No wax or sealant is going to stop rock chips... you need a film to do that.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
BigBlue2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by htp autoworks View Post
BigBlue, first of all Coog is incorrect. Paint protection film is a great product and will keep your vehicle chip free. Wax will not do that... and I am willing to bet he is talking about the dealer add on sealants... and they are a waste. But getting a clear bra is a great idea and there are countless Camaro owners in this forum that will atttest to that. Second those prices are pretty good but there is one problem with it. Avery does not make the Nano Fusion line of film yet in 60" widths... so the full hood can not be covred with it. Either your installer is lying to you or he mispoke about the film that will be applied to the hood. In fact Avery has shut down production of the Nano Film for a few months now and I will have been able to get my hands on any of it. If he can produce the film to you (it comes with a translucent backing making it nearly see through) and he gives you a warranty card stating such then somehow he has managed to get some film... probably been sitting on it for a while. But if he has it thats a good price for the coverage. I would just find out what he is really going to wrap the hood with... because it wont be Nano Fusion.
He actually showed me the film. It was really glossy looking, but if i remember right it had a white backing on it, not clear. I will try to ask for the warranty card, but he could just show me one from a past roll, so it would be hard to verify that it is from the roll he would use on my ride. That is some great info though and i appreciate you letting me know about it. I was thinking about doing the cheapest package first, then later down the line doing the hood, roof, rockers, and quarter panels. I definetly am going to get it, just want to make sure i am not getting ripped off.

Anyone with a darker color and went with the partial package on hood and quarters, is the line really noticeable? My guy said that since i have a dark car the film line will be more noticeable. Pics anyone?
BigBlue2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
You are correct. I thought he was talking about a sealant. I saw the word "nano" and assumed it was another super-duper tephlon sealant that a dealer had to send one of his employees to Japan for 3 days to learn how to apply.

My bad. PPF = paint protection film
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote