Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Sblann

Drives: 2013 camaro ss
Clunk noise anyone help

I recently purchased a 2013 camaro ss with a hurst shifter. I hear this loud clunk noise whenever I do any of the following shift from any gear and let clutch out quickly but not like I'm trying to spin tires or race, downshift from any gear or drive car in second gear about 20 mph and tap the gas back and forth. If i really watch what I'm doing with it I could prevent it sometimes but for the most part it's just happens most of the time and its a very annoying loud clunk noise. The dealer checked it and said it was a natural characteristic of the car. I've had other standards before and they never did this. Just wondering if this is normal with these new camaros or should I have it looked at by someone else.
Sblann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
Natural. Did your other cars have 426 horsepower with 4,000 pounds of a$$?
Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
maherj2
maherj2

Drives: 71 Vista, 77spyder, 13 2SS/RS
I was concerned with this at first, but now that I've grown to understand more about
'parade clunk', multilple link drive shafts, hydraulic clutches and improved my shifting skills it is almost non existant. No biggie. Love this car!
maherj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Mdipinto

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro silver black stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
Natural. Did your other cars have 426 horsepower with 4,000 pounds of a$$?
+1

you just have to practice your shift a bit better, at least you are not spinning the wheels every shift...
Old 11-10-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
damneighborkid

Drives: Black 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Totally normal. Call it... "learning the querks of your new girlfriend"

I hereby certify that I am certifiable.
damneighborkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
justind511

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS non-RS RJT M6
i think what you are hearing is the clutch clunking noise. mines does it to. other people hear it and like wtf was that?!?! lol
justind511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
Sblann

You would think gm would come up with a fix for this the noise it is really annoying and hard to ignore
Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Mikey193

Drives: 2012 black ss/rs camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by justind511 View Post
i think what you are hearing is the clutch clunking noise. mines does it to. other people hear it and like wtf was that?!?! lol
haha yeah sounds like something is wrong with the car
Mikey193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblann View Post
I recently purchased a 2013 camaro ss with a hurst shifter. I hear this loud clunk noise whenever I do any of the following shift from any gear and let clutch out quickly but not like I'm trying to spin tires or race, downshift from any gear or drive car in second gear about 20 mph and tap the gas back and forth. If i really watch what I'm doing with it I could prevent it sometimes but for the most part it's just happens most of the time and its a very annoying loud clunk noise. The dealer checked it and said it was a natural characteristic of the car. I've had other standards before and they never did this. Just wondering if this is normal with these new camaros or should I have it looked at by someone else.
Congratulations on your recent purchase. Have you been to a dealership to get this issue addressed? It sounds like you may be under warranty as well!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM   #10
Sblann

Well brandon The dealership said it was natural and the gm techs agreed with them I personally think its to loud of a noise for a 42000 dollar car to have plus my dual mode exhaust is not straight (passenger side pipe is down more than a half inch) talked to a district manager about pipes and noise and she said gm was going to do nothing for it. That the dealer is there eyes and thats it. I've bought 3 brand new gm's in the past 8 months (with a total of over 100,000 dollars) and this is how the costumer service treats you.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #11
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Welcome to the TR6060. It is normal in the SS to make the clunk sound.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Well brandon The dealership said it was natural and the gm techs agreed with them I personally think its to loud of a noise for a 42000 dollar car to have plus my dual mode exhaust is not straight (passenger side pipe is down more than a half inch) talked to a district manager about pipes and noise and she said gm was going to do nothing for it. That the dealer is there eyes and thats it. I've bought 3 brand new gm's in the past 8 months (with a total of over 100,000 dollars) and this is how the costumer service treats you.
If you would like, I can check into this for you. I would need to set up a case with GM customer service, but to do this, I will need your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage, and involved dealership name. I look forward to your correspondence!

Brandon
Old 11-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #13
Sblann

Already have a case number and spoke to a district manager. Is there any service bulletins on this clunk noise (transmission, clutch, drive train, rear end)
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Already have a case number and spoke to a district manager. Is there any service bulletins on this clunk noise (transmission, clutch, drive train, rear end)
I can check your case, if you would like, to see if things are going smoothly. Please let me know via PM!

Brandon