Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2015, 09:05 AM   #15
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
Playing Devils advocate.....how many on here that have commented about him driving fast, or his, jokingly, intent to drive fast again, have NEVER sped? Get off your high horses, I am willing to bet there are VERY few, if any, of us that have kept our Camaro's under or at the speed limit EVERY time!

Last edited by BkinBlk; 12-18-2015 at 09:23 AM.
BkinBlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #16
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
They say men don't fully mature until their mid 20's. The OP just proved it.
I have always defined maturity as the ability to distinguish between right and wrong, though you may still choose to do wrong. Maybe not all, but many of us have pushed our cars beyond the legal limits and in the right situation, it is actually not all that much of a risk. That being said, you can't be upset when the folks with ridiculous lights on their cars pull you over. OP has admitted he needs to slow down, and many of us probably need to join him. Lets all just be careful through these holiday times and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Oh, and at 49, like another poster said, my wife would seriously argue my maturity!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #17
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
I'm not condoning speeding or what the OP did but come on guys. Everyone on here acts like they do not break the law 1 bit. Look at most of the MODS everyone does. Its to increase power\speed etc... and don't give me the noise that you all do it on a track or an abandoned road. I just did a road trip in my wife's jeep Cherokee and you are blocking traffic if not going 75+. To just keep up with traffic, I found myself cruising at 80+. much easier and comfortable doing it in the Camaro. Like I said, im not saying go 80 in a residential but stop the preaching.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #18
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
Yah, maybe you guys are right and I need to slow down. Sorry to piss anyone off and for comments I made. The maniac comment was more of a joke than serious, but maybe not very prudent.

In all fairness. I live 30 miles out of town and have only gone those speeds when on a rural highway when other cars weren't around, mostly.

Please don't judge me to harshly. I am not a road bully and am respectful to other drivers, and not weaving in and out in traffic, sometimes when it's wide open I just like to go fast.

I wouldn't want to hurt any innocent people and didn't mean the comment about there are people like me all around or something.

Please forgive any offence and don't think badly of me. I will try to keep my speed down and will think about what you have responded.

Kevin
Dont feel too bad brother everyone speeds. Some folks just need someone to pick on. Also glad you were mature enough to apologize to those you might have offended. Let's just be glad this isn't a "I wrecked my camaro post" btw those courses can be found on Groupon for dirt cheap. I think I paid about 15 bucks for a defensive driving course here in Jersey.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #19
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkinBlk View Post
Playing Devils advocate.....how many on here that have commented about him driving fast, or his, jokingly, intent to drive fast again, have NEVER sped? Get off your high horses, I am willing to bet there are VERY few, if any, of us that have kept our Camaro's under or at the speed limit EVERY time!
There is a bit of a difference between 10 to 15 over and 20 to 45 over the speed limit . I'm no angel but 20 to 45 over is stupid . And it sounds like he does this every day or close to it .
Old 12-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #20
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
All of the geezers shaking their fingers in disgust like they never went over the speed limit or gotten a ticket before. How I feel reading these comments . OP, you just learned a valuable lesson on this forum, don't post threads about speeding or tickets here. You won't get sympathy or understanding, just some higher than Almighty Himself condemning you for a lapse of judgement we've all had. To you guys I shake my finger at you and OP watch your speed and be safe.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #21
Wileycoyote

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Hell, here In Texas we got toll roads where if your going 82mph your under the speed limit and if your going 105mph your just keeping up with the flow of traffic.
Wileycoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #22
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
Hi,

No biggie cause I have been going as fast as 105 to work.

Take care,
Kevin
i highly advise you edit this part of your post
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:35 AM   #23
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileycoyote View Post
Hell, here In Texas we got toll roads where if your going 82mph your under the speed limit and if your going 105mph your just keeping up with the flow of traffic.
My run to Vegas yesterday (which I do pretty frequently) is similar in that if you are doing 80, you will be holding up traffic and pissing people off for going so damn slow. Speed limit on I- 15 out there in the wide open spaces (in CA) is 70 MPH or less, but realistic speeds are much higher. It's not uncommon to fall into a group of cars doing triple digits. And, generally, cops won't wreck your day unless you are a left- lane hog, a swerver, or other type of jerk. As long as you can maintain a straight line, and your car looks like you have insurance, they are going to redlight somebody else.

Still... Waze is my co- pilot.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #24
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Pulled over for 82 on 65 speed limit? lol.

In Michigan we go 80mph on our 55mph freeway zones. If you go any slower there will a be a traffic mess and/or accident. I've witnessed an wreck with a truck and two other cars for that exact reason.

Anyway, I'm gonna find a track to try a top speed run with the L99. That is the bad part about the automatic, that's the only way to have fun. I regrett not getting a 1LE.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #25
bcguy
bcguy

Drives: 2011 ss/rs m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BkinBlk View Post
This. Who owns a camaro and hasnt pushed it. Get over it people
Agp 62/66 ,lsx 427. , Callie's ,diamond ,all pro ,American racing ,I'ds130s,102 intake and throttle body,etc .fore triple , Turbo 400 level 5 , b and m pro , dss carbon fiber , dss ford 9 inch with strange pumpkin,3.73 ratio,1400 hp axels,boost and air fuel pillar guages. Weld rts 17x10 and 17x4.5 with m and h drag radials and skinnys
bcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #26
jolson63

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
I'm in AZ too. And yes it is easy to giver her a bit of gas when out in the open highways! I'm guilty as charged. Those that have a Camaro, mustang or challenger that say they don't are 99% bull*&ting!
jolson63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #27
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryv6 View Post
All of the geezers shaking their fingers in disgust like they never went over the speed limit or gotten a ticket before. How I feel reading these comments . OP, you just learned a valuable lesson on this forum, don't post threads about speeding or tickets here. You won't get sympathy or understanding, just some higher than Almighty Himself condemning you for a lapse of judgement we've all had. To you guys I shake my finger at you and OP watch your speed and be safe.
Sure angryv6. Everyone drives a bit over the limit but statements like "I gotta stay clean for a yr
and then I can drive like a maniac again" is what raised eyebrows with me and some others here.
It's fine to discuss your tickets, but the dumb stuff should be avoided if you don't want ridicule.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #28
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Charge it to experience but just don't go announcing you plan on driving like a maniac.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote