Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
chewy4ce
Banned

Drives: 1977 Pontiac Trans Am/ 455
Tired of it people

Seeing how this is a forum created for a GM car...it would only be logical to see videos and threads bashing on other car makes.

All of you defending the mustang...you need to leave...the camaro was created in hatred of the mustang...and to share compassion towards a competitor on a GM site...its kinda retarded...you need to realize that in a forum created for a car such as the camaro...there are passionate owners and future owners and will find any video, post, article, etc to degrade the competition.

I was posting this video that portrayed kinda bashed on the mustang but in good humor and im sure there are videos of f-bodies meeting thier end and they are posted on ford forums while all the users have a laugh...but on this forum...its infested with competitor car owners and when you post something bashing on thier car...all of a sudden its an attack on them personally and they gotta go and post shit about how stupid the poster is. Whatever people...you have destroyed this forum and is no longer fun to be a GM supporter on a GM forum where people who have subscribed are not people who come here for the car...but to defend thier own car not of the same make.

You proud?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
This could be good!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
You need to keep in mind the Camaro has been gone since 2002. If these people your talking about wanted a new v8 sports car in the 30k range, at least they bought American. Be thoughtful.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
chewy4ce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
You need to keep in mind the Camaro has been gone since 2002. If these people your talking about wanted a new v8 sports car in the 30k range, at least they bought American. Be thoughtful.

Even though Ford and Chrysler is american...still dont like em...GM was still around from 2002 to now...coulda gone and bought a GTO or something. Doesn't have to stay in chevy.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Hahaha
Old 01-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #7
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Oh man, don't get them started. A lot of us love to talk about cars. Including me. We have a lot of mustang, mopar, and everything else fans on this website. As for that we should be proud that they are interested in purchasing this car from GM.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #8
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewy4ce View Post
Even though Ford and Chrysler is american...still dont like em...GM was still around from 2002 to now...coulda gone and bought a GTO or something. Doesn't have to stay in chevy.
True, but what if they don't like how the GTO looks(number 1 complaint I heard when they came out)? Surely you don't expect every one to buy a vette. These people are here because they are proud to see Chevy return to the Pony War, and their purchase is another one keeping the Camaro alive again.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #9
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Well clearly, in your ample experience on this forum (having joined this month), you're the best judge of what has "destroyed" it.

Frankly this forum was designed to talk about a single car, not GM in general. Although obviously, because GM makes the Camaro, it is only natural that many members are die-hard GM fans, that does not make this a "GM forum". Any car can be discussed here and there are many members who are far more interested in American muscle cars or sports cars in general than in strictly GM vehicles.

That being said, there is no place for disrespect or discrimination on this board from ANY side. If someone was disrespectful towards you then that was wrong. You posting this thread and attacking anyone who owns a competitor's vehicle is also wrong. Personally I drive a Mustang. I love the car and have enjoyed every second I've spent in it. I also love the Camaro and will be purchasing one as soon as I can. It is quite easy to like both cars; affection isn't mutually exclusive.

Your premise that "it's only natural to bash on competitors" is seriously flawed as well. It might be natural for you, but that doesn't mean that it follows this forum or society-at-large's idea of decorum. You can discuss the various aspects of competing vehicles and make your opinion known, without doing so in a disrespectful manner. THAT is only natural. Bashing is unnatural and downright rude.

In short, I'm sorry you've had a negative experience on this forum but if you were being treated in a disrespectful manner then I have no doubt the mods dealt with it in a timely manner. However, regardless of how it was handled, that does not give you license to post a disrespectful thread of your own.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #10
chewy4ce
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
True, but what if they don't like how the GTO looks(number 1 complaint I heard when they came out)? Surely you don't expect every one to buy a vette. These people are here because they are proud to see Chevy return to the Pony War, and their purchase is another one keeping the Camaro alive again.
I like the Vette idea

And GTO looked awesome in person...pictures didnt quite capture the profile of the car. The car timidly said that it had some real power under the hood.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
Well clearly, in your ample experience on this forum (having joined this month), you're the best judge of what has "destroyed" it.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #12
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
YEAH KEVIN2323 WE DONT LIKE YOU ANYMORE

its ok for some friendly competition
Old 01-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post

If their bashing us on the Mustang boards then I geuss that just makes us more sufisticated.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #14
scotchsride09
It's STARSCREAM!!!

Drives: 2003 Nissan Frontier S/C DR
Um, I think it's because everyone on here (well, most everyone) has a healthy respect for other enthusiasts, who are actually pretty cool themselves about being on a forum where their car isn't very popular. Also, because in these tough times we should stick together, not go crazy over some immaterial rivalries. (We [a good portion of us at least] are America, not GMLand, FordNation, and Chryslerton). Also, because this forum is FAR more tolerant in general and good-spirited than just about every other forum I've ever been on. So rocking the boat just to start a fight is kinda frowned upon here because we like our peace and friendliness.

I'm guessing this thread was created to start a battle but I think our nature will pull the wind out of your sails.

Or it will get closed. Either way.

Right now it's an '03 Nissan Frontier Supercharged Desert Runner I call Starscream.

On order is a 1SS/ RS IBM with Black Rally Stripes, Beige Interior, manual transmission and a sunroof! Oh, and a stereo upgrade too! Ordered from CamaroScotty in WI. How will I get my baby home?
Closed Thread