Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
TRSS2

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Black RS
Security light wire location?

I am wanting to tap onto the security light wire, so I can use AAC's nite rider light bars as a security light, I just do not know where the wire is, I am hoping I can just tap on under the driver side near where I am tapping onto the dome light (which I found here, Thanks TonyNo, greatly appreciated). I tried searching and came up with this, but I did not see what I need. Any and all assistance is most definitely appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.

Last edited by TRSS2; 03-26-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: forgot to subscribe to thread
TRSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #2
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
im looking for the same exact thing.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
Tecca

Drives: ...
How about tapping into the power lock
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #4
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Yeah I wanted to do something like this too...perhaps reversing the polarity of an ignition source with a relay or something along those lines...
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #5
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teccboxx View Post
How about tapping into the power lock
will that allow the nite rider light to work until I unlock the vehicle? If so where is that wire located?
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Yeah I wanted to do something like this too...perhaps reversing the polarity of an ignition source with a relay or something along those lines...
If that would work i am game, just need a bit of guidance on doing to (ex. where do i need to tap onto, if a relay is needed, and what not)
Old 03-27-2010, 01:42 PM   #7
Tecca

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSS2 View Post
will that allow the nite rider light to work until I unlock the vehicle? If so where is that wire located?
I havn't tried it personally but that is the first I would check, it is the pink/black wire under the drivers console, above the gas pedal. The only problem I see with this is it will also turn it on while the ignition is on, so it might not work to plan, but I would want mine to be on while driving
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
it has to be a wire that gives power when the alarm is on just like the light in the dash.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
it has to be a wire that gives power when the alarm is on just like the light in the dash.
Right, I don't think the power lock wire will work because I'm fairly certain it is just a pulse signal. The ignition wire will work but it's not really a full solution because you want the light on when the car is armed not just when the ignition is off...

I quickly scoured through the wiring info but I didn't see anything that I would think would be on when the car is armed...but it has to be there! Maybe someone with a service manual can help us out?
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
Right, that is the one i really want!
Old 03-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Right, I don't think the power lock wire will work because I'm fairly certain it is just a pulse signal. The ignition wire will work but it's not really a full solution because you want the light on when the car is armed not just when the ignition is off...

I quickly scoured through the wiring info but I didn't see anything that I would think would be on when the car is armed...but it has to be there! Maybe someone with a service manual can help us out?
That would be FANTASTIC!! Anyone got a service manual that would be so kind to share the wealth?!?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
I am going to send one of the factory workers that made our cars a PM. I'll post up his response on this.

If he answers lol.

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:20 PM   #13
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
I am going to send one of the factory workers that made our cars a PM. I'll post up his response on this.

If he answers lol.

Wizzer
Most appreciated, thanks!!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Well I got a fast answer but it was not what i was looking for.

Wizzer

Sorry that's not my dept . I don't deal with the wiring group.

----- I guess it was a long shot but I have a nice snap on tool that lets me poke the wire and see if it is hot. I am going to go out in the garage and check around. I feel this might be a challenge.

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, knight rider, security, tap, wiring