Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 03-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #15
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
All this advise is useless IMO.
So you didn't like my detailed explanation of what slipping a clutch was when he asked.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
So you didn't like my detailed explanation of what slipping a clutch was when he asked.
Honestly i didnt read it cause it was a novel
If some one doesnt know how to slip the clutch or what it does then I can't help but wonder how in the world they learned to drive a manual lol. Either way releasing the clutch slow equals slipping it more....but you already know that.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:41 AM   #17
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I thought it was helpful. Appearantly to other everyone on planet should have the same knowledge. Be a pro driver. And call all terms by the same name

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #18
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
I thought it was helpful. Appearantly to other everyone on planet should have the same knowledge. Be a pro driver. And call all terms by the same name
Be a pro driver? Please don't take this the wrong way, but that explantion is needed to somebody who never drove a manual before in their life. Not to someone how owns one and is asking about how to launch it for the best time. Either way, good luck.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #19
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Honestly i didnt read it cause it was a novel
If some one doesnt know how to slip the clutch or what it does then I can't help but wonder how in the world they learned to drive a manual lol. Either way releasing the clutch slow equals slipping it more....but you already know that.

I guess I look at the forums and questions differently. If someone asks a questions I will give them an answer with as much detail as possible so they not only understand the why but also the how and the mechanics behinds it. Slipping a clutch to learn how to drive a stick and not stall is different than launching for the best acceleration.

Matt
Old 03-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #20
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Iv had 2 perfoance manual camaros. So ya..... Just asking for differing opinions

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #21
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP, before even bothering with the Goodyears get some DRs. I was faster on Pirellis. 1.9 versus 2.1 average 60' on the Goodyears on 2 LS3 SSes with similar suspensions. I try to do something similar to what DropSpeed said. Great explanation Matt. But for me I just turn TC off (one tap) and leave the rest of the nannies on. If you do get loose from hitting second too hard or hitting some liquid they could save a wall kiss.

A couple of Sundays ago I tried a couple of passes with the Goodyears on. In a similar DA last spring I was running 12.4s. That Sunday I could not break out of the 13s at 114 mph. I think my best 60' was 2.2. lol

If you want your 1LE to run consistently in the 12s all you needs is DRs.

I know the Goodyears are great with sticking on curves when its nice and warm, but they seem to be worse than others when the temperature drops even a little. But maybe its just me. Even just backing out of the driveway, one tire spins just straightening out the car going forward. With TC on.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #22
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
A lot of seasoned guys on the forum say that launch control is a little to harsh, at 4000+ rpm and dumping the clutch they are seeing a number of blown axles. To much shock to the rear. They are recommending 2500 to 3000 and slipping the clutch slightly, you will need to play around with it.
aren't the 1LE axles bigger than the ss?? if not i thought it was..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:04 PM   #23
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
All this advise is useless IMO. Use common sense and do what you do from a stop light except instead of idle try 2000k rpm and go from there. If you bog, rev higher or release the clutch slower. If you spin, rev lower or release the clutch slower.

Same principle for drag radials, just rev higher. With slicks just dump and pray the tire absorbs enough shock so you don't break something.

i would have to agree with this....and i also agree that when someone asks a question its just polite to help as much as you can

me personally im a launch control all the way...i like the traction control and how it straightens the car yet applies power..... i say that but im sure ill break something soon from doing it lol

TBH i am more concerned with shredding my friking $240 P-Zero's
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #24
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
OP, before even bothering with the Goodyears get some DRs. I was faster on Pirellis. 1.9 versus 2.1 average 60' on the Goodyears on 2 LS3 SSes with similar suspensions. I try to do something similar to what DropSpeed said. Great explanation Matt. But for me I just turn TC off (one tap) and leave the rest of the nannies on. If you do get loose from hitting second too hard or hitting some liquid they could save a wall kiss.

A couple of Sundays ago I tried a couple of passes with the Goodyears on. In a similar DA last spring I was running 12.4s. That Sunday I could not break out of the 13s at 114 mph. I think my best 60' was 2.2. lol

If you want your 1LE to run consistently in the 12s all you needs is DRs.

I know the Goodyears are great with sticking on curves when its nice and warm, but they seem to be worse than others when the temperature drops even a little. But maybe its just me. Even just backing out of the driveway, one tire spins just straightening out the car going forward. With TC on.
Was the 12.4 with drag radials only or do you have other mods?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #25
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Was the 12.4 with drag radials only or do you have other mods?