Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
SS King

Drives: a Panty Dropper
Questions on tune

I just installed my Tune a few days ago but I had a question for u L99 guys. My car seems a little slower from a dig but man it sure does chirps 2nd and 3rd and it gets moving. When it was stock I could really light them up at a stop when just getting on it but not now for some reason. What about you other guys? The Tune is GREAT!!! But this is the only little thing I'm noticing. At the same time it could be a good thing since i'm not spinning the tires from a stop. JRE tuned

Thanks guys!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
SS King

Any input?>
Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
your tuner can change that.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
Any input?>
Assuming you want to make what you have work better, you have several options to try:

Put shifter in M (Sport mode) but don't use the paddles. It will auto shift.
Set tire pressure to max.
Turn TC off.
Repeat in cooler conditions.
Ask tuner to check and revise as appropriate. Data log if needed.
Restore previous tune to confirm what you remembering. You can always reload the new tune.
Always use Premium 93, or 92 if that's all that's available in your area.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #5
SS King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Assuming you want to make what you have work better, you have several options to try:

Put shifter in M (Sport mode) but don't use the paddles. It will auto shift.
Set tire pressure to max.
Turn TC off.
Repeat in cooler conditions.
Ask tuner to check and revise as appropriate. Data log if needed.
Restore previous tune to confirm what you remembering. You can always reload the new tune.
Always use Premium 93, or 92 if that's all that's available in your area.
Yeah just might see if he can tweek it a little. I'm always in S mode I never really use tap shift. Nannys are always off and I always use 91 or higher. But yes its been a 110 here in Vegas so I'm sure thats playing a factor. I'm going to wait until it cools off
Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Could just be all the heat. One thing I noticed about the auto tranny is that it really likes to get out of first gear fast, then if you stomp on it, it'll just run out 2nd. If you go WOT throttle from a stop, it'll stay in first, but if you start off slowly and then decide to mash it, you're sort of screwed.

Try putting it in tap mode and run it through the gears yourself. To me, this makes the car seem a lot quicker...at least around town and from stoplight to stoplight. Although for 1/4 mile runs, using S mode and letting the computer shift is better.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Here's a couple things to consider about doing a burn out from the dig.

1) If you have been driving, and now in a stopped position for a minute or two, Your air intake tempertures may have increased enough into an area where timing is being pulled.

2) If your on a stock spark table, and jump on your car right off idle, the motor goes from 600 RPMs to WOT and a higher point on your cylinder airmass where you can be negative spark from -10 degrees up to only 6-8 degrees. It happens instanteously, but your inertia is moving foward through the drive train and the car is rolling off the lanch now. As it goes through the RPM band, it graps more timing for more power. On the spark table out of the dig in the low RPM and high Cylinder Airmass area in the main spark table and the DoD table ( even if its off), Add a couple degress in the negative to single digital area for more power until knock. This area is commonly unaddressed.

3) check your traction control button is off.
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
jasonflenniken12

Drives: 2011 black on black 2ss loaded
i just bought one( sct x3) and i have a 2011 2ss automatic stock i did the 93 octane tune and mine seems to want to redline before shifting every shift and is very hesitant whan i smash the gas pedal plus very jerky when shifting and down shifting this is this way in both regular auto and s/m mode as well is this normal? did your do this? also the auto door locks dont lock like they normaly do with the stock tune it seems like they will lock after the car goes into 2nd gear or somthing
jasonflenniken12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
SS King

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonflenniken12 View Post
i just bought one( sct x3) and i have a 2011 2ss automatic stock i did the 93 octane tune and mine seems to want to redline before shifting every shift and is very hesitant whan i smash the gas pedal plus very jerky when shifting and down shifting this is this way in both regular auto and s/m mode as well is this normal? did your do this? also the auto door locks dont lock like they normaly do with the stock tune it seems like they will lock after the car goes into 2nd gear or somthing
Who did your tune. Was it one that came with the SCT or was it a JRE tune. My car will redline when driving at WOT only if I'm just crusing around it shifts normal everything is just more firm. On downshifting on mine it's very smooth. Everything so far on my car seems great I think it was all this 110+ weather getting to it. U might want to datalog your car and have someone look at it
Old 07-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
jasonflenniken12

it is what came on the sct x3 preloaded tuner i got it updated so it now seems better but now i have more options for the trans part they are shift press and wot the shift press gives options of stock up to 25% on each gear i am assuming this is shift firmness 25% being better than stock? correct me if i am wrong and the wot opt gives me -1mph up to +6mph on each gear but i do not even hace a clue what this is for, what would be the best option for these 2 adjustments? right now i have stock auto tranny and motor i picked the 25% on the shift press and left the wot opt at stock until i can figure out what it it lol thanks for your help hopefully i can get it to do the same where it makes alittle noise when shifting 2nd and 3rd lol once i get a cai and headers then im gonna get a custom tune
Old 07-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #11
SS King

Yeah scrap that tune from sct and buy a custom tune from Ted @ JRE. He will set u up right. Then download it to your Sct then to your car
Old 07-26-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS King View Post
I just installed my Tune a few days ago but I had a question for u L99 guys. My car seems a little slower from a dig but man it sure does chirps 2nd and 3rd and it gets moving. When it was stock I could really light them up at a stop when just getting on it but not now for some reason. What about you other guys? The Tune is GREAT!!! But this is the only little thing I'm noticing. At the same time it could be a good thing since i'm not spinning the tires from a stop. JRE tuned

Thanks guys!
Hello SS King, Glad your enjoying your JRE Tune, the heat is Definitely a huge Factor in performance from a dig especially as heat builds under the hood and Steals Precious Oxygen from your engine, once you get going things cool off a bit and restores some of the power.

The CAI Choice will Play a big roll in Keeping max Performance in the Heat of the Desert.

Some so called cold air Kits are actually Hot air kits.

This can easily be recorded with data logging your IAT sensor.

Ted.

Last edited by JANNETTYRACING; 07-27-2012 at 08:58 AM.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
jasonflenniken12

yeah i think you are right i will have to see how much for a tune from jre