Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #1
Trickster929

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Synergy Green
TPMS Issue

Does anyone else have this same issue? Every now and then the TPMS loses connection with the driver side front tire which causes the tire pressure light to come on. If I just leave it alone after a day the TPMS regains connection and everything is fine again. Took it to the dealer but they could not replicate the problem so they said nothing is wrong. It is nothing major but just annoying. Any fix or suggestion? Thanks.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:25 AM   #2
eymang

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 1991 Vert
I had something similar happen, thought it was low pressure. I took it in when it was out and service said the tpms was bad. I got it replaced under warranty. You can try relearn in your owners manual. If that doesnt work take it in when its acting up if under warranty. I now have my tires inflated with nitrogen. It helps reduce moisture in my tires.
eymang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
Trickster929

Quote:
Originally Posted by eymang View Post
I had something similar happen, thought it was low pressure. I took it in when it was out and service said the tpms was bad. I got it replaced under warranty. You can try relearn in your owners manual. If that doesnt work take it in when its acting up if under warranty. I now have my tires inflated with nitrogen. It helps reduce moisture in my tires.
Thanks! Can I ask a dumb question? Where do you have your tires inflated with nitrogen?
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi Trickster929!

Please let me know if you do need further assistance. I know it can be frustrating when the dealership is unable to duplicate the issue, and I would be happy to locate another dealership for you for a second opinion.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster929 View Post
Does anyone else have this same issue? Every now and then the TPMS loses connection with the driver side front tire which causes the tire pressure light to come on. If I just leave it alone after a day the TPMS regains connection and everything is fine again. Took it to the dealer but they could not replicate the problem so they said nothing is wrong. It is nothing major but just annoying. Any fix or suggestion? Thanks.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
happend to me all the time, left rear drops out. and its not the sensor in the wheel its something on the vehicle itself. doesnt matter what wheels i have on (RS or TSW) its always the left rear.

but 90% of the time if i park somewhere and turn the car off and return from whatever it is i was doing and start the car back up it clears itself...who knows.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #6
Trickster929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
happend to me all the time, left rear drops out. and its not the sensor in the wheel its something on the vehicle itself. doesnt matter what wheels i have on (RS or TSW) its always the left rear.

but 90% of the time if i park somewhere and turn the car off and return from whatever it is i was doing and start the car back up it clears itself...who knows.
That's exactly what mine does! Did you ever try to get it fixed?
Old 09-25-2013, 04:34 AM   #7
Trickster929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi Trickster929!

Please let me know if you do need further assistance. I know it can be frustrating when the dealership is unable to duplicate the issue, and I would be happy to locate another dealership for you for a second opinion.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks Jessica! I'll definitely let you know if the issue persist.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
GM_guy

Drives: 16 2LT Camaro, 15 Sierra CC 04 Yuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickster929 View Post
Our 2013 is/was doing something similar as described in my thread:

"What's happening is not normal. The TPMS light flashes and the DIC reads 'service TPMS'. It doesn't indicate in anyway that a tire is low or to check a tire, it reads service the 'system'. After a while the flashing light goes to steady on (for 10 to 20 minutes) and then goes off. While the light is on or flashing either the front left or rear left tire shows (-) on the DIC. I have manually checked the tires several times since this started and all are in normal range."

It usually happens at the 20 mile mark. I took it to the dealership where I showed them a video I took with my cell phone showing exactly what was going on. Of course, by the time I got to the dealership the light was off and they couldn't replicate the problem even keeping it overnight. I was told GM told them to rotate the tires left to right and if/when it happens again see if the issue switches too.
GM_guy is offline   Reply With Quote