Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #15
3min3m2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SIM L-99
I can't wait to do some of these mods to my camaro...just awesome...

Borla S type, Volant CAI.
3min3m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Question Why overdrive pulley?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It's an 10% overdrive pulley, not an underdrive pulley. On the rebuilt stock bottom end 12 or so mid to low 10 second passes. I just got the car back a wk ago.
Yeah, I understand why an under drive pulley would be counterproductive on a blown engine. But what's the point in an over drive pulley. Why not adjust boost with the blower pulley, and let well enough alone? Is there some benefit to pulling the belt itself faster?
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:59 AM   #17
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivas View Post
Yeah, I understand why an under drive pulley would be counterproductive on a blown engine. But what's the point in an over drive pulley. Why not adjust boost with the blower pulley, and let well enough alone? Is there some benefit to pulling the belt itself faster?

Because going to a bigger lower pulley gives more surface area increasing belt traction. When you go down on the Blower pulley you take away surface area and decrease belt traction.

That's the short of it
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:48 AM   #18
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Not sure where to put this so since it contains drivetrain info I'll stick it here. We decided to go with a Jannetty Racing 4.10 built rear with Ted's posi kit. He seems to think that this will work best for the car and he hasn't steered me wrong yet. Time will tell. Fortunately for me, my Buddy Ray, Fastfaster on here if he hasn't been baned yet, offered me a deal I couldn't resist on the rear so it was a no brainer. It was so gd that it would have been stupid not to do. So maybe I'll run a vinyl deacl of him on my hood at the track in appreciation!
So with that Ted is also going to install the Pfadt trailing arms and bushings. Hopefully this will help with the 60' and knock a little off the ET. Only time will tell. Install hopefully the end of next wk. Ray is waiting for his 9" to show up.

Thank you to all you guys that offered me advice. It really helped me. Now we just wait and see what happens and go from there. Thanks again!
Wow you got 4.10's, a stall and a maggie. That sounds like crazy fun but I would think it would make for alot of smoke and sideways action. How is it doing with all that low end? Also, I was wondering if Ted took some or all of the torque management out of the trans tune. I think I would for sure get into some trouble with that combination of parts If you can make it HOOK really well I would think you could cut some very low 60'. Good luck