Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
purchase experience – what a joke

Hello All,

I need to stand on the soap box for a moment and just see what others have to say about this, and their experience so far.

After time and deliberation about two months ago I decided to order a Camaro 2SS. I tried to order from at least 6 dealers in the area, some wanted 20% non refundable deposits, some wanted 5k non refundable, and others 1k refundable. Most though wanted 5k+ on top of MSRP. It took a while to find a few dealers in the area that were willing to do MSRP on ordered models due in around October, which is perfectly fine for me. After contacted their sales people multiple times, each time I called and left a message no one called back or they said let me find out and call you back. Needless to say…. no contact.

Yesterday I decided to take a ride down to one of them, cash in hand for a deposit and ready to purchase one on the remaining allocation. The sales guy I talked to was originally was off and his partner was on. When I walked in there were two guys with their feet on their desks watching a golf tournament. The greeter paged the sales person he looked over and shunned the request. She then walked into the office to get him and he made a gesture and grinned. Walked out and said sorry I am busy let me get someone else for you. After waiting around for a while I had enough and walked out.

This trend wasn’t just from one dealer it seems any Chevrolet dealer I tried to deal with where either complete BS or just completely unwilling or rude. Compare this type of service to say Audi or BMW, you walk in, you are greeted treated with respect and they cater to you. If this is the new American car buying experience no wonder this company is bankrupt. The car is a great product but nothing is worth this hassle.

I really believe some of these dealers forget who the customer is and how to treat them. If these dealers are the face of GM what does that say about the company as a whole?

Granted there are a few sour apples in the bunch, but when it spans multiple dealers there is something wrong.

If you are a dealer in the South Florida area and you want business, repeat customer and you want a car deal send me a private message.
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
here we go again................

up here around the Great Lakes, i am yet to find a dealer who won't run themselves into the ground to sell me any car.

perhaps those FL dealers u went to are gonna be shut down. order one from Camaro Scotty at Newman Chevy here in WI, he'll ship it to ya or pick ya up at the airport so u can drive her home.

all at MSRP or discounted if ya qualify!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
^yes i agree. Sounds like another case for CamaroScotty

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudack View Post
Hello All,

I need to stand on the soap box for a moment and just see what others have to say about this, and their experience so far.

After time and deliberation about two months ago I decided to order a Camaro 2SS. I tried to order from at least 6 dealers in the area, some wanted 20% non refundable deposits, some wanted 5k non refundable, and others 1k refundable. Most though wanted 5k+ on top of MSRP. It took a while to find a few dealers in the area that were willing to do MSRP on ordered models due in around October, which is perfectly fine for me. After contacted their sales people multiple times, each time I called and left a message no one called back or they said let me find out and call you back. Needless to say…. no contact.

Yesterday I decided to take a ride down to one of them, cash in hand for a deposit and ready to purchase one on the remaining allocation. The sales guy I talked to was originally was off and his partner was on. When I walked in there were two guys with their feet on their desks watching a golf tournament. The greeter paged the sales person he looked over and shunned the request. She then walked into the office to get him and he made a gesture and grinned. Walked out and said sorry I am busy let me get someone else for you. After waiting around for a while I had enough and walked out.

This trend wasn’t just from one dealer it seems any Chevrolet dealer I tried to deal with where either complete BS or just completely unwilling or rude. Compare this type of service to say Audi or BMW, you walk in, you are greeted treated with respect and they cater to you. If this is the new American car buying experience no wonder this company is bankrupt. The car is a great product but nothing is worth this hassle.

I really believe some of these dealers forget who the customer is and how to treat them. If these dealers are the face of GM what does that say about the company as a whole?

Granted there are a few sour apples in the bunch, but when it spans multiple dealers there is something wrong.

If you are a dealer in the South Florida area and you want business, repeat customer and you want a car deal send me a private message.
I have to agree with you about all the dealers here in South Florida that I went to visit.. So I ordered mine from Classic Chevy in Texas. Go figure..
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I have to agree with you about all the dealers here in South Florida that I went to visit.. So I ordered mine from Classic Chevy in Texas. Go figure..
yet another great example of what other dealerships should strive to be, other than Camaro Scotty up here.......why anyone would put up with less when you have these two options out there is beyond me!

there's a couple great dealers in MI too!

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Your experience is not unique to Chevy nor new. In my late teens I walked into a Pontiac dealership to order a car and I was ignored by the salesmen on the floor so I sat at a vacant desk and propped my feet up. Someone came out of the back almost immediately to wait on me and I ordered the car on the spot. She even commented it was the easiest sale she ever made.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
I had the best buying experience ever w/ Maroone Chevrolet of Pembroke Pines--better than when I bought or leased my last 2 Infinitis. Did you try them? 954-433-3300. Ask for Otto Crump or Mike Uruski and tell them John sent you.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #8
rudack
Rudack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
I had the best buying experience ever w/ Maroone Chevrolet of Pembroke Pines--better than when I bought or leased my last 2 Infinitis. Did you try them?
Talked to a sales guy a few times. Never called back with info, never followed up. Left messages, I gave up. Could just be the guy that I was dealing with, but I am old school and feel that there is a level of customer service that needs to be held to earn ones business.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Yep, I ordered from Matt at Garber in MI. The salespeople in my area were nice, but I was not paying over sticker.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
Estero Bay Chevrolet is a good dealership in south FL.....getting my car soon at MSRP, and I only put down a 1K refundable deposit

Ordered: 2SS/RS Black on Black with GFX

1100: Ordered 10/17/2008
2000: 4/16/09
3000: 4/21/09
3300: 5/29/09
3400: 6/3/09
3800: 6/12/09
5000: 7/3/09
6000: 7/6/09!!
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #11
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Talked to a sales guy a few times. Never called back with info, never followed up. Left messages, I gave up. Could just be the guy that I was dealing with, but I am old school and feel that there is a level of customer service that needs to be held to earn ones business.
That's very possible. However, Otto would always get back to me and he's straight up honest and very knowledgeable about the whole ordering process. I'd give them another shot, but ask to speak to him specifically. They do have a waiting list, but they won't try to hide that from you.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
here we go again................

up here around the Great Lakes, i am yet to find a dealer who won't run themselves into the ground to sell me any car.

perhaps those FL dealers u went to are gonna be shut down. order one from Camaro Scotty at Newman Chevy here in WI, he'll ship it to ya or pick ya up at the airport so u can drive her home.

all at MSRP or discounted if ya qualify!

I disagree, it's not a "here we go again". There are plenty of the same type dealers over across the river in MN.

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #13
rudack
Rudack

Thanks for the suggestions I will give it one last shot.

You would think with everything going on that these dealers would try to create business and customers. If there are only a few shinning stars in the bunch how is GM even going to survive….
Old 06-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #14
LabRat

Drives: Wheeled Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions I will give it one last shot.

You would think with everything going on that these dealers would try to create business and customers. If there are only a few shinning stars in the bunch how is GM even going to survive….
I think that right now, a lot of the apathy is being generated by the dealers not really knowing where they stand with GM.

Walk on to a Chrysler lot, and it is pretty much the same thing.

LabRat
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote