Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #15
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
yes, Toyota and others are assembled in USA and Canada.
Yes they have provided jobs but at the expense of jobs lost at the big 3.
The end result is different however.When a USA owned company such as GM or Ford earn profits,those profits stay in where.....NORTH AMERICA
When foreign companies earn profits that money is sent back to head office and not to be seen in North America again unless they add another plant to make more money to be taken out of our economy.

We are really down to 2 domestic car companies now.GM and FORD and thats it..
Chrysler is now owned by FIAT.
I too have a foreign car in our household , it is about 11 years old and I use it for my winter beater.

I will never again buy a foreign car.It will be a GM or Ford only, as I want to keep my hard earned money in North America where maybe just maybe if we all demanded domestic product our economies would be in better shape with lots of jobs and security for the future.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #16
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
I saw once that Toyota pays $40 per hour in pay and benefits for each employee. GM and Ford pay closer to $60 per hour. Mainly from the lavish and overreaching (IMO) UAW contracts.
Yes this is part of the current problem.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:22 AM   #17
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
You have to first define "Made in the USA" before you can answer the OP's question

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:40 AM   #18
lazyb22
USCG

Drives: 2012 LT1 RS Conv V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
I saw once that Toyota pays $40 per hour in pay and benefits for each employee. GM and Ford pay closer to $60 per hour. Mainly from the lavish and overreaching (IMO) UAW contracts.

The money used when you buy the vehicles doesnt always stay in the US if you buy GM or FORD either. It goes to the other countries where they are paying the wages to foreigners to build the American cars and trucks off US soil, because of the reason stated above.

MODS: MRT V2 exhaust, CAI Intake, ADM Scoop, Roto-Fab Washer bottle relocation and TriFecta Tune

WISH LIST: not in any order
SLP Rear Quarter Panel Gills, Solo HFC, RX Catch Can, Vmax Throttle Body, Heritage grill, Afterburner taillights, Colorshifting Halos, LED side markers and Window tint.

lazyb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #19
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Every car built in the entire world is a joint effort of many countries. Start searching were some of the parts that make up your car come from and you will very quickly see that cars these day have no one country to tie themselves to. Where ever the puzzle is put together is pretty much a mute point. I wish that every thing was designed, built and assembled in the good old USA ,but our own policies have made that impossible.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
do the math people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
but if you buy a Tacoma or Camry, it's assemble in the USA by Americans.

So are we saying we should buy American to keep Americans employed. So if I boycott Toyota, the American Toyota plant worker is out of a job. You guys are confusing me. Are we buying American or Not?

This response is for everyone, for one the Ford Focus is the most American car here, they had an article in motor trend(83% american content). Two, What people seem to forget is all the foreign automakers make a profit, and that profit,a good majority of it, goes back to country of origin, doing very little to help our economy.AND now for the "math", let's say there is a demand to sell 10 million(American Made) cars and trucks in this country and 50% of those vehicles were foreign nameplates. Now let's say you need 100,000 people to assemble those vehicles, 50,000 to assemble foreign nameplate vehicles and 50,000 to assemble The big three.So, if everyone said f#$k foreign cars, I'm only buying REAL American vehicles, the plants that were shut down by American manufacturers would have to re-open and hire back those 50,000 workers lost to the foreign manufacturers plants to keep up with demand(keep in mind there is still a demand for 10 million vehicles).And last those returning 50,000 employees would be making more money, in turn putting that money back into the economy and the profits would stay here! Holys$#t, that makes sense, like getting your cake and eating it too!!! A win win situation. Now I'm sure I'm gonna get the usual foreign car lovers c#$p I get all the time, even though this is a CHEVY CAMARO site!!
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #21
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
I AGREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
yes, Toyota and others are assembled in USA and Canada.
Yes they have provided jobs but at the expense of jobs lost at the big 3.
The end result is different however.When a USA owned company such as GM or Ford earn profits,those profits stay in where.....NORTH AMERICA
When foreign companies earn profits that money is sent back to head office and not to be seen in North America again unless they add another plant to make more money to be taken out of our economy.

We are really down to 2 domestic car companies now.GM and FORD and thats it..
Chrysler is now owned by FIAT.
I too have a foreign car in our household , it is about 11 years old and I use it for my winter beater.

I will never again buy a foreign car.It will be a GM or Ford only, as I want to keep my hard earned money in North America where maybe just maybe if we all demanded domestic product our economies would be in better shape with lots of jobs and security for the future.

Sorry I didn't see this post, I basically just said what you did
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Toyota, Nissan, and Honda have more plants in the Continental U.S. than the "American" made cars. Some parts are manufactuered overseas as in the BIG 3 but they are assembled here. Big 3 (GM, Ford, Dodge) have outsourced the assembly plants to Mexico and Canada.
I worked for Toyota for 15 yrs. They employee more Americans in factory assmebly plants than GM/Dodge combined.. SO what is truely an American BUILT car?
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #23
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
GM or Ford earn profits,those profits stay in where.....NORTH AMERICA
Not all the profits stay here when they are investing in plants in Canada and Mexico. Some profits may be held by the company in the U.S. but they bolster antoher countries economy by spending money on infastructure and plants. Doesn't do the U.S. a bit of good. UAW has ruined itself with the BIG 3 and they will continue to loose their grip on the manufactuers as long as they can get tax credits and lower employee costs in other locations.
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
Sorry I didn't see this post, I basically just said what you did

No Worries...I am glad to see other people have the same sentiments that I do.
And you did some math to make the point crystal clear.

PEOPLE...LETS KEEP THE MONIES IN NORTH AMERICA!!!!
North America is becoming the third world at our expense.Our standard of living and incomes are dropping
Let us be wise to this fact and lets help ourselves.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #25
KamaroKid9614

Drives: 98 Camaro V6 White
Since they're so american where's their rwd v8?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #26
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
Not all the profits stay here when they are investing in plants in Canada and Mexico. Some profits may be held by the company in the U.S. but they bolster antoher countries economy by spending money on infastructure and plants. Doesn't do the U.S. a bit of good. UAW has ruined itself with the BIG 3 and they will continue to loose their grip on the manufactuers as long as they can get tax credits and lower employee costs in other locations.
I had stated the profits stayed in NORTH AMERICA
Last time I checked that included CANADA
F.Y.I. Canada and the USA signed an auto pact waayyyyy before the free trade agreement as to be in partnership together to produce cars.
some cars here in Canada and some cars in USA
My point is that by purchasing for example a Toyota, the profits earned by Toyota USA are sent back to head office in JAPAN!
Old 12-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #27
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamaroKid9614 View Post
Since they're so american where's their rwd v8?

Uh oh you just jinxed it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Toyota- Leading the way in dullness and mediocrity for over 30 years.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote