Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Interior Storage

I did a quick search, but didn't find much.

I'm looking into getting a Camaro, and one thing I'm noticing is a lack of places to store stuff/set things. (2LT w/ 4 pack gages) is it just the center armrest and glovebox? that leaves no place to put my phone while in the car!
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
I did a quick search, but didn't find much.

I'm looking into getting a Camaro, and one thing I'm noticing is a lack of places to store stuff/set things. (2LT w/ 4 pack gages) is it just the center armrest and glovebox? that leaves no place to put my phone while in the car!
You also have storage pockets in the doors. or you can just use one of the two cup holders... My wife puts hers in the door hand hold.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
You also have storage pockets in the doors. or you can just use one of the two cup holders... My wife puts hers in the door hand hold.
i'd be afraid the door pocket wouldn't hold the phone when the door is opened/closed.

it's a shame that I like the 4 pack gages (and leather, as I want leather, and you can't get leather w/o getting the 4 pack), as the cubby that goes in it's place would be pefect.
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
i'd be afraid the door pocket wouldn't hold the phone when the door is opened/closed.

it's a shame that I like the 4 pack gages (and leather, as I want leather, and you can't get leather w/o getting the 4 pack), as the cubby that goes in it's place would be pefect.
I am sure someone without the 4 pack guages would be happy to swap the other panel for your guages... maybe give you a couple hundred for them to boot.
I thought you would just leve it there when you were driving, not all the time...
Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
the armrest storage is actually pretty deep. i was surprised at how much crap i could fit in there
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
dcosta

Drives: 17 ZL1 6M
Just put your phone in the cup holder also this car has bluetooth so if your
phone is anywhere in the car it will pick up the signal and you can get it through your radio even if it is in the glove box...
This option is really nice..

Last edited by dcosta; 01-11-2010 at 06:47 AM.
dcosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Apparently you dont really want one if you letting a small thing like that hold you back. just buy one and keep the phone between your legs.
csjcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #8
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
What about the cushioned shelf behind the front seats? I can fit all kinds of stuff on that. LOL
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #9
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I lay mine accross a cup holder. It fits nice and does not fall inside the holders. If I have not had any drinks in the holders I place it inside the holders.

I have no issues. You can also get a suction cup for the windshield. You will need to try different spots to see where it will fit best.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #10
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I put my phone under one of my thighs (so I can feel it ringing), or in the cupholder while driving.

Old 01-10-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Your right

I found very little storage room in the car also compared to my others but they have always been sedan type luxury cars or SUV's.

You have to come to the realization that some of those amenities go out the window with a sports car like this.

But what you get in this sports car you can never get in a luxury vehicle.

Unless you spend $90,000.

So get this car if you can deal with all the little things you lose driving a sports car. I love it!
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
BlaSSt Off

Drives: 2SS/RS
I think thats the LAST thing I thought about is "how much junk can I fit in this car?" LoL And if a spot to put your phone is a big concern, you seriously should think about buying something else. Just use the cup holders.
BlaSSt Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcosta View Post
Just put your phone in the cup holder also this car has bluetooth so if your
phone is anywhere in the car it will pick up the signal and you can get it through your radio even if it is in the glove box..but only with the rs package..
This option is really nice..
RS is exterior only. Has zero to do with a radio.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
Lets be serious....cant believe this thread was even started.Cell phones are so small and there is PLENTY of room for one in the car!!!!!
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote