Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
nm1458

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
2000 miles on the odo, total crap out.

Car has 2000 miles on it looked under it ,oil everywhere. Oil cooler leaking, rear main seal leeking heavy. Just great, what a quality product we got here. Headed for a nice long extended stay at the old dealer. For those interested in my progress i will update this thread as I proceed through the process of getting it repaired. We have owned many new sports cars over the years and have never experienced anything like this. Way to go chevrolet, old habits die hard i guess.
nm1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
There's no way that every car they produce can be perfect. If that were the case no one would be worried about warranty. Just because one car did this does not make all the others crap. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully Chevy gets it fixed and back you in a timely manner.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
nm1458

Update. Well first visit to dealer early summer replaced oil cooler gasket, repaired drivers seat ,installed new sunroof assembly. Paint is falling off the car were the front bumper meets the fender. Car still leaking one week later.
Second visit, car had faulty oil pan. Pan and gasket replaced. car was gone about a week on visit number two.
About a week after i got the car back the second time, car leaking oil same location.
Back to square one. vehicle has leaked oil since day one. Car has 4000 miles on it.
Dealership is baffled waiting to hear back from GM tech center.

This is a nightmare.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
wasn't there a TSB about a gasket leak on the top rear of the V8 engine(check other forum issues here)??
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
There's no way that every car they produce can be perfect. If that were the case no one would be worried about warranty. Just because one car did this does not make all the others crap. Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully Chevy gets it fixed and back you in a timely manner.
Perfect? No, but major failures like these are indicative of a broken quality system.

This is not rocket science.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
nm1458

Sure there are many tsb's out regarding the camaro, however its not my job to research and deliver this information to there own company. We have built cars from scratch in our little shop that have had less problems than this over the same period of time. We have built at least a dozen small blocks and never encountered a chronic oil leak with any of them, odd.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm1458 View Post
Update. Well first visit to dealer early summer replaced oil cooler gasket, repaired drivers seat ,installed new sunroof assembly. Paint is falling off the car were the front bumper meets the fender. Car still leaking one week later.
Second visit, car had faulty oil pan. Pan and gasket replaced. car was gone about a week on visit number two.
About a week after i got the car back the second time, car leaking oil same location.
Back to square one. vehicle has leaked oil since day one. Car has 4000 miles on it.
Dealership is baffled waiting to hear back from GM tech center.

This is a nightmare.
I apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing with the oil pan concern. If you would like, I can set up a case with GM customer service in order to research this further and to contact your dealership. Please provide your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership in a PM.

I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 09-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
nm1458

Update 2, on my way to the dealer for the third time to repair the same problem, and the blower behind the dash falls apart and now makes a grinding noise.
Also bottom inside of trunk lid is down to bare steel, lower rear window moulding is abrasive and wore the paint off.
Let's see if we can get this car to stop leaking oil.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Perfect? No, but major failures like these are indicative of a broken quality system.

This is not rocket science.
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #10
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the frustrations you may be experiencing with the oil pan concern. If you would like, I can set up a case with GM customer service in order to research this further and to contact your dealership. Please provide your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership in a PM.

I look forward to your reply.

Brandon
I have had so many issues i gave up on GM....the corperate office is horrible and half don't speak english any more.

I called so many times to rectify my issues its pathetic.

I also have service request numbers....lots.....but all GM does is give you the run around.
Sent me to another dealership to fix the issues.....they got 50% of it right
for 12$ i fixed it on my own
GM owes me ...not only for my tax dollars but for the money i spent repairing the issues myself

next stop....ford F150....coz the silverado i had as a loaner was just as bad on quality...
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #11
nm1458

I hear ya, just picked up a 2012 tacoma. I really need a truck to use for work not sit at the dealership all year. Im a gm share holder and im driving a toyota, nice.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:19 AM   #12
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Damn, sorry to hear that. Still no update on the oil leak? Go to another dealer.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #13
nm1458

Oil leak turned out to be power steering fluid leaking on the exhaust manifold, from the oil pan change. I still believe it needs an oil cooler however its still at the dealer waiting for a replacement hvac fan. When i pick it up I will check out the oil cooler you can usually see oil running down it. Oh yeah ,car has roughly 4500 miles on it.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirZeusor View Post
I have had so many issues i gave up on GM....the corperate office is horrible and half don't speak english any more.

I called so many times to rectify my issues its pathetic.

I also have service request numbers....lots.....but all GM does is give you the run around.
Sent me to another dealership to fix the issues.....they got 50% of it right
for 12$ i fixed it on my own
GM owes me ...not only for my tax dollars but for the money i spent repairing the issues myself

next stop....ford F150....coz the silverado i had as a loaner was just as bad on quality...
If you could please provide me the service request number via PM, I will be glad to look into it for you.

Brandon