Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #99
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray View Post
LMAO.....I don't think I should even comment on this for fear of making everyone think I am full of myself...LOL....but thanks for letting me in on the rating system
Uh oh, we've got another 10 on the forum

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #100
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Uh oh, we've got another 10 on the forum
According to the rating system that you boys have in place won't that make me about a 15 since I ordered the 1 SS/RS?
Kray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #101
mmarcum

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Quote:
According to the rating system that you boys have in place won't that make me about a 15 since I ordered the 1 SS/RS?

So you're an 11 to start with?

mmarcum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 PM   #102
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarcum View Post
So you're an 11 to start with?

Okay....I better knock myself down a couple points...LOL..just a couple though ;-)
Old 02-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #103
Croathlete
Danny

What about the Canada penalty? Minus 2 points or so, eh?

KIDDING!!!

Thread officially hijacked.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Old 02-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #104
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Quote:
What about the Canada penalty? Minus 2 points or so, eh?

KIDDING!!!

Thread officially hijacked.

LOL Ouch...and here I was just going to apologize for taking the topic off of the car
Old 02-02-2009, 07:57 PM   #105
mjwaldschm

Drives: 2001 Camaro Convert
Send a message via AIM to mjwaldschm
I haven't ordered mine yet but using all this information to filter all the rotten apple dealerships in my area (San Francisco Bay Area). I've been to 6 already and none of them have the paint chip cards (try to say there is no such thing) or any clue about preliminary allocations. Look stupid when I mention all this information they should have from the dealer broadcasts (IDLs) and then a couple even said they were told just to take as many orders as possible without regard to their initial allocation. Needless to say I still haven't found a dealership that I would want to do business with. Came close with a dealer in Sacramento (about 2 hours from home) who was geniune in being unfront about not knowing much about the Camaro launch. When I mentioned this forum wrote down the web address so he could do some research because he had a few inquiries and someone who wanted to come in and place an order the following week.

So if anyone has a recommendation for a Northern California dealership please post. I know there is a thread for that but I have gone to the very few dealerships that were listed and they were yet again clueless. Couldn't even get to the point of whether they would negotiate the sale for at MSRP.

All the Canadians who are posting that they are getting little info or no letters, well it is pretty slim pickings here in California also. So don't feel too bad.
mjwaldschm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 PM   #106
Tracharley

Drives: 2001 Z71
Hello all, my first post, but i have read all the posting and find them very informative.My letter and picture was sent to my home of records from when I was in the military over 10 years ago. I haven't lived at that address in 30 years. but I got both the letter and the picture
Tracharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 PM   #107
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracharley View Post
Hello all, my first post, but i have read all the posting and find them very informative.My letter and picture was sent to my home of records from when I was in the military over 10 years ago. I haven't lived at that address in 30 years. but I got both the letter and the picture
I had a similar problem too. The only thing I could figure was I had purchased a Tahoe about 10 years ago and they used that address instead. I ordered through a different dealer tho and you would think the two would be completely separate.

Maybe the two orders are linked by the soc sec # and the program grabbed the oldest address instead of the newest when they sent the file over to the marketing agency. Can you tell I work in IT?
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #108
z71roller

Drives: 2010 Silverado Z71
I received my thank you letter and drawing about 1 week ago. And I ordered on October 16, so you just have to be patient.
z71roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #109
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwaldschm View Post
I haven't ordered mine yet but using all this information to filter all the rotten apple dealerships in my area (San Francisco Bay Area). I've been to 6 already and none of them have the paint chip cards (try to say there is no such thing) or any clue about preliminary allocations. Look stupid when I mention all this information they should have from the dealer broadcasts (IDLs) and then a couple even said they were told just to take as many orders as possible without regard to their initial allocation. Needless to say I still haven't found a dealership that I would want to do business with. Came close with a dealer in Sacramento (about 2 hours from home) who was geniune in being unfront about not knowing much about the Camaro launch. When I mentioned this forum wrote down the web address so he could do some research because he had a few inquiries and someone who wanted to come in and place an order the following week.

So if anyone has a recommendation for a Northern California dealership please post. I know there is a thread for that but I have gone to the very few dealerships that were listed and they were yet again clueless. Couldn't even get to the point of whether they would negotiate the sale for at MSRP.

All the Canadians who are posting that they are getting little info or no letters, well it is pretty slim pickings here in California also. So don't feel too bad.
Little or no information for the Canadians is right. I put a deposit on my car about 18 months ago just to get put on a list to order and finally was called to put my order in just 3 weeks ago, I was told that we, being Canadians, couldn't order until then (not sure if that is true), and of course another deposit. I ended up putting my order in with the Sales Manager at the dealership because I couldn't get any answers from the sales guy, its not very comforting when your sales person wants money from you but can't give you any answers, and all I kept hearing from the sales guy is "Oh, darling I know what you want, don't you worry, I'll build you a good car". So like I said, I went to the Manager and ordered the car that I wanted, but I still don't know the price of the rally stripes.

And no paint chips at my dealership either, I was told to go and look at some of the new cars and that would give me a good idea as to what some of the colours for the Camaro would be, lucky for me there was a Vette in the colour that I wanted in the showroom.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #110
Croathlete
Danny

Quote:
And no paint chips at my dealership either, I was told to go and look at some of the new cars and that would give me a good idea as to what some of the colours for the Camaro would be, lucky for me there was a Vette in the colour that I wanted in the showroom.
I'm assuming that color is CGM?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #111
Kray
2G1FJ1EJ9A9110138

Quote:
I'm assuming that color is CGM?
Yes it is, with the black rally stripes
Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #112
Croathlete
Danny

Quote:
Yes it is, with the black rally stripes
I was going to get the same exact thing until I was told that the black rally stripes won't be available from the factory in time for my order. I've never dealt with my dealer before so I'm going to have them put on by someone reputable over here. I may even go for the concept stripes.