Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #127
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
Will the tire-infaltor kit have the same goo that comes in fix-a-flat?

If it does, you don't ever want to put that in your tire because I believe it is bad for the tire and most mainstream tire repair places don't like dealing with the mess it leaves behind...
Thats because 99% of the people who use fix-a-flat don't read the directions.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:16 AM   #128
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Thats because 99% of the people who use fix-a-flat don't read the directions.
It is hard for me to believe that GM would include a Tire sealant that
1. is dangerous to use,
2. would void the warrenty on the Tire Pressure monitors if used.

First it would open them up to lawsuits if someon is hurt using it. and secondly I think they could be sued again for providing a means to void their own warrenty. If they didn't want you to use it then it wouldn't be included, they would either use a spare tire or run flat tires.

I don't think the Sealant they include is like "Fix A Flat" It is a different formula.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:42 AM   #129
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
I've always found it odd that a company or dealership would sell you a sports car in the middle of winter with summer-only tires on it. You'd think they would at least bring it to your attention that you'll be riding on hockey pucks unless you get some all-seasons or snow tires.

You can run a RWD in the winter as long as you have adequate gear, snow tires and chains if necessary.

Personally if I was in a place that got lots of snow most of the time I'd have to get an Evo or STI or two cars. Just too much hassle otherwise for me.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:40 PM   #130
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Went by a dealership this weekend and they gave me a copy of the brochure. Haven't scanned it, but here is a link to a copy of it in color.

http://jalopnik.com/5038193/2010-che...ing-department

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:09 PM   #131
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafountain View Post
Haven't scanned it, but here is a link to a copy of it in color.

http://jalopnik.com/5038193/2010-che...ing-department

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...?t=6040&page=4

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:52 PM   #132
96CAMaro

Drives: '02 Impreza 2.5RS
The Camaro will have both an oil cooler and tranny cooler. All I need now is a power steering cooler - even though I won't be needing it.
96CAMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:31 PM   #133
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Drives: '78 Camaro Z28, '80 Camaro Z28
For whatever reason, GM/Chevrolet seems to have the idea that if it's a performance/sports car it has to be impractical. That, and unreliability, is what killed the last version of Camaro.

I don't what to ride on wheel-rims - which is getting close with 20'' wheels/tires. The US, for the most part, doesn't have smooth roads, and rough roads dent these ridiculous tire/wheel combinations. The wheels/tires also provide a rough ride, are expensive to replace, are useless in snow, and provide little benefit. How about an option check-off for those who plan to drive on regular roads and who aren't dreaming of "rasin" on a track. I'd like 15s or 16s with the V8s giving me some distance between the road and the wheels. If I must, 18s are more than enough for the current fad – maybe a faddish tattoo should come with the 20s, or fender skirts, or neon lights.
liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #134
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty View Post
For whatever reason, GM/Chevrolet seems to have the idea that if it's a performance/sports car it has to be impractical. That, and unreliability, is what killed the last version of Camaro.

I don't what to ride on wheel-rims - which is getting close with 20'' wheels/tires. The US, for the most part, doesn't have smooth roads, and rough roads dent these ridiculous tire/wheel combinations. The wheels/tires also provide a rough ride, are expensive to replace, are useless in snow, and provide little benefit. How about an option check-off for those who plan to drive on regular roads and who aren't dreaming of "rasin" on a track. I'd like 15s or 16s with the V8s giving me some distance between the road and the wheels. If I must, 18s are more than enough for the current fad – maybe a faddish tattoo should come with the 20s, or fender skirts, or neon lights.
Whats so impractical about 20s? I've had them on my 2003 Avalanche for 4 years and have never had a problem with potholes,bending or rough ride. When larger wheels are put on a vehicle from the manufacturer its partly for safety improvements. Larger brakes means faster stops which requires a larger wheel and less sidewall means better handling and less likely to rollunder in a slide. Actually if you compare prices between 20s and 15/16" inch tires, they are about the same cost. Mainly because 20s are a more common size now.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #135
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
Larger brakes means faster stops which requires a larger wheel...

IF larger wheels are required for bigger brakes, that is an engineering necessity, and a positive advance. But I often see huge wheels and tiny brakes. If 20" wheels are required to fit superior brakes on the new Camaro I'll withdraw objections, especially if turning radius is not negatively affected. Another wheel item: With different size wheels/tires front to back on the V8s, proper rotation is not possible.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #136
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
IF larger wheels are required for bigger brakes, that is an engineering necessity, and a positive advance. But I often see huge wheels and tiny brakes. If 20" wheels are required to fit superior brakes on the new Camaro I'll withdraw objections, especially if turning radius is not negatively affected. Another wheel item: With different size wheels/tires front to back on the V8s, proper rotation is not possible.
most people that have performance tires now adays have directional tires and the most you can do to rotate is switch between front and back but remain on the same side. meaning can't put the left front on the back right, or right front on the left back. so I'm going with tire compound has been brought up to higher standards to resist that wear and tear more. just a guess.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #137
liberty
Garage Queens - Not

Directional tires, and different sizes front to back, would mean the tire could only be used in one location. The importance of rotation for proper tire wear is often mentioned, and in this case, not possible – that is an example of the lack of practicality I'm referring too. Preferred: Four non-directional tires of the same size.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #138
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Directional tires, and different sizes front to back, would mean the tire could only be used in one location. The importance of rotation for proper tire wear is often mentioned, and in this case, not possible – that is an example of the lack of practicality I'm referring too. Preferred: Four non-directional tires of the same size.
and tire compound has been improved to resist that. that's what I was getting at. yes it does mean newer tires sooner but not as soon as it use to.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #139
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Yeah but only in two colors: White and cyber grey. What the heck happened to black. Everybody has seen "bumble bee". I'm sure someone out there had an idea of yellow with black stripes. I think there are some who will not want to wait for what I suspect will be a Bumblebee apperance option down the road. Blue with white is OK, but grey? And Inferno orange with grey? Uck!!
Seriously they better offer black stripes!!! After market stripes just don't look as good. I was going to get white but for some stupid reason it won't be available until July so now I am getting red, but I want black stripes like bumblebee!

And about the rim sizes, my mustang came with 16" rims and it looked sooo ugly, I got after market 19s and it rides fine... even 19s are too small now that I think about it. I think I want 20s in the front and 21s in the back... or even 21 front 22 back

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #140
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
tire rotation is not required on modern tires. its a hold over from old tires (Bias ply) i had a pair of continental high performance all season tires last me 45K miles on my colorado. i never rotated them once and they wore even.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote