Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
2012 LS3 Camaro start up problems

Before I post the video, some background info:

The car seems to not like to start after I stall. Normally, you just turn the key and let go, and the car takes care of the rest. Well, after a stall, this doesn't happen. I have to literally resort to turning it myself, and even a couple of times, GIVING IT GAS to get it to start. It's been doing this for a few months now. All different variations of weather, inclines, times of day, etc.

Now, more recently, I've noticed, it does the same thing, but now it's when the car has been sitting for 30 mins to hours.

Sitting 1 min to 30 mins, no problem, starts right up.

Sitting 30 mins to I'd say, a few hours, it does what the following video shows.

Sitting overnight, or for an 8 hour shift at work, it starts right up.

Is this normal ???? I don't feel it is, it never did this before.

Here is the video:
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Nope, not normal. See if you can get a fuel pressure gauge from someone and hook it up to the test port. If you don't have instant normal fuel pressure when cranking (35 - 45 psi), something is going on with the fuel pressure control.

Or, just take it to the dealer.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
mexiken

Drives: Sofia: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS LS3
Thank you for your input. Took Sofia to the dealer. And got her fixed. The fuel pump was leaking. They swapped it out. All is right with the world.
Engine/Performance: Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Rx Catch Can painted IBM, (to come: JacFab CAI, muffler delete/Flowmasters)

mexiken is offline   Reply With Quote