Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Same people here that are making fun of fat people and say they are unhealthy and should be eating right and exercizing are probably the same ones that enjoy driving at 20 MPH over the limit, love to drag race and think they will never have an accident and get offended if someone tells them they are driving dangerously.

I honestly dont really get the connection, if your saying the people who are saying she is fat probably also have faults I would agree, but someone being guilty of something else doesnt mean she isnt guilty of being overweight.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #30
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
My dog is fat.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I honestly dont really get the connection, if your saying the people who are saying she is fat probably also have faults I would agree, but someone being guilty of something else doesnt mean she isnt guilty of being overweight.....
What I mean is people are being hypocrites on here. I am sure every one of us does something that endangers our lives and is not totally healthy for us.
Remember the old saying "When your pointing your finger at someone you have 3 pointing back at you." Be careful what you say about others because I am sure you are not living a perfect life either.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #32
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
What I mean is people are being hypocrites on here. I am sure every one of us does something that endangers our lives and is not totally healthy for us.
Remember the old saying "When your pointing your finger at someone you have 3 pointing back at you." Be careful what you say about others because I am sure you are not living a perfect life either.
I see, but still stand by the fact that even if I do things that endanger myself, that doesnt mean she is not also doing so. two wrongs do not make a right
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #33
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Yea, some thin people smoke crack
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #34
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
WTF, dude? You don't know her. For all you know, she could have a thyroid condition or could have an incredibly hard time losing weight. Suffice to say, the fact that she is female alone goes against her since their metabolic rate is more catered to storing fat.

Having been a chubby kid but am now lean and fit because of diet and exercise, I know the difference between how you're looked at by the public when you're fat and when you're not, and really it's downright cruel. Like you say, I did something about it but I still dislike the way a lot of fat people are looked upon and you'll see why below...

She did nothing to provoke the comment she received and now she is probably starving herself thinking she'll get thin instead of losing it slowly like she's supposed to. My mother is 275 lbs and eats once every two days - the reason being is because in her old age, she eats so seldom that she lost the opportunity to diet herself down and now her metabolism is shot and is adjusted her daily calorie needs to what she usually eats, which is next to nil. She may also have cushings syndrome, which is a condition where the pituitary gland distributes an excess of the stress hormone Cortisol and is characterized by a hunch on the back and central body mass, which she has. Oh, but she is a fat slob who takes all the Mallomars, right? You generalize all fat people into a category of careless, filthy, gluttonous slobs who have no care for their appearance or their "waste-of-space" existence when in actuality, a sizable portion of these people contain actual clinical conditions working against them.

And dude, 7 days a week for an hour and a half? I'll assume you came up with that just to impress others. Well, unless you're an olympic athlete who takes in excess of 6,000+ calories a day (ever see what Michael Phelps eats?) look up overtraining before you preach fitness to the masses. It's all fine and dandy and admirable that you all go to the gym and care about your health and appearance; hell, I do it myself. But if you want to preach it around and ridicule people who aren't exactly like you, it makes you no worst than the "fat, gluttonous slob" you automatically think this poor woman is. Even though you haven't met her or know her exact situation.
Post of the Year!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #35
KARLOR

Drives: '16 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss
I think the biggest problem with this situation is that he said she is not a good rolemodel!!! She feely admits that she is fat!! That does not make her a bad role model!!!! Everyone and I do Mean Everyone has problems and shortcommings!!! Being fat is a problem that can not be hidden as others. I am a FAT person inside!! even though every day I fight the fight go to the gym watch every calorie that goes into my body. My weight has yo-yoed from anywhere from 148 to 255. Currently I am in the fight to go back down. EVERY DAY IS A STRUGGLE and I have come to realize it will be till the day I leave this earth. But for someone to say I am not a good role model would anger me also just because my struggle is easily identified
Old 10-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #36
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
WTF, dude? You don't know her. For all you know, she could have a thyroid condition or could have an incredibly hard time losing weight. Suffice to say, the fact that she is female alone goes against her since their metabolic rate is more catered to storing fat.

Having been a chubby kid but am now lean and fit because of diet and exercise, I know the difference between how you're looked at by the public when you're fat and when you're not, and really it's downright cruel. Like you say, I did something about it but I still dislike the way a lot of fat people are looked upon and you'll see why below...

She did nothing to provoke the comment she received and now she is probably starving herself thinking she'll get thin instead of losing it slowly like she's supposed to. My mother is 275 lbs and eats once every two days - the reason being is because in her old age, she eats so seldom that she lost the opportunity to diet herself down and now her metabolism is shot and is adjusted her daily calorie needs to what she usually eats, which is next to nil. She may also have cushings syndrome, which is a condition where the pituitary gland distributes an excess of the stress hormone Cortisol and is characterized by a hunch on the back and central body mass, which she has. Oh, but she is a fat slob who takes all the Mallomars, right? You generalize all fat people into a category of careless, filthy, gluttonous slobs who have no care for their appearance or their "waste-of-space" existence when in actuality, a sizable portion of these people contain actual clinical conditions working against them.

And dude, 7 days a week for an hour and a half? I'll assume you came up with that just to impress others. Well, unless you're an olympic athlete who takes in excess of 6,000+ calories a day (ever see what Michael Phelps eats?) look up overtraining before you preach fitness to the masses. It's all fine and dandy and admirable that you all go to the gym and care about your health and appearance; hell, I do it myself. But if you want to preach it around and ridicule people who aren't exactly like you, it makes you no worst than the "fat, gluttonous slob" you automatically think this poor woman is. Even though you haven't met her or know her exact situation.

All Im saying is the majority of overweight people just lack self control. Yes there are the rare occasions when the person has a medical condition and yes this anchor might, but the odds are she doesn't. I have people in my close family and friends who are overweight and its not because of a thyroid problem, its because they never exercise, they get seconds and thirds and froths at dinner, they eat fast food, and drink soda all the time, they never watch what they eat. That leads to obesity, and that all can be prevented if the individual had more self control. There are way to may excuses people make of why they are overweight when the majority of the time it is because they are lazy and never get off the couch.

Also, as far as my gym routine, I didn't make that up. I played college tennis and since then I've maintained a very active workout and cardio routine. I don't overtrain. I run 3-7 miles a day, and the rest of the time is free weights , alternating muscle groups everyday. I respect my body, and believe you should never abuse it. I eat no fast food, drink no soda, eat no candy, and watch what I eat very carefully, to maintain the physique I want to have. Its not easy when you are with your family or friends and everyone gets fast-food, and you wait to eat something healthy, but its all about self control. Id rather take a ripped physique over stuffing my face with wendys any day of the week.

While id never go out of my way to send this news anchor an email bashing her personally choices, I think she is setting an awful example for the youth of this generation that it is ok to look like that. Setting an example of being unhealthy is not a good example for anyone.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 AM   #37
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
Ummmmm.......at 2:10 she points out that October is National Bulimia Month.....

October is actually Breast Cancer Awareness Month - not National Bulimia Month. Oh and btw there's no such thing as "National Bulimia Month," - it doesn't exist. So yea there's that.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #38
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Ummmmm.......at 2:10 she points out that October is National Bulimia Month.....

October is actually Breast Cancer Awareness Month - not National Bulimia Month. Oh and btw there's no such thing as "National Bulimia Month," - it doesn't exist. So yea there's that.

She said Anti Bullying month
Old 10-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #39
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post

She said Anti Bullying month
............that does make more sense than a National Bulimia Month
Old 10-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #40
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Wow - this thread didn't go where I thought it would go...
She deserves kudos for standing up for herself.
That's all.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #41
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I know I said "That's all" but I'm opinionated so I need to say some more..

Austin, you say you work out 1.5 hrs per day, 7 days a week. That's great that you have time for that. I also respect that you care enough about yourself to spend that much time...
I don't know this anchorwoman, but I imagine her day doesn't have that much time in it. Id venture to guess her day goes something like this... get up and ready for work. Get the 3 kids up and ready for school/daycare. Go to work for 8 to 10 hours. Pick the kids up, cart them to soccer/ballet/piano. Come home, fix dinner, help with homework. Do dishes/laundry/housecleaning. Bathtime, storytime, bedtime. Maybe if she's lucky, a little alone time with hubby. Pray for a night with sleep not interrupted by sick kid or nightmares. Get up and do it all again... gotta give a little respect to the working "supermom".
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #42
RallySS

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow RS/2SS Vert M6
Fit is sexy, just sayin'. I've seen thin girls who aren't fit and that is seriously just as bad as a big girl who doesn't take care of herself. I'll happily take a softer woman who has enough energy to hang with me in the sack with all her parts in the right places, hahahaha.