Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Plainfield
2010, 2LT RS Transformer

Drives: '10 2LT Camaro & '70 Challenger R/T
Onstar to the rescue---kind of---

Wednesday while I was working, I heard/felt a pop in my left hip. And then I felt horrible pain. I tried to 'tough it out' for about an hour, but when the pain didn't go away, I told my boss I was going to go to the doctor, and I left work.

It took me about 15 minutes for me to get into Bumblebee. The car is very low and you have to bend your legs. Normally this isn't a problem, but my left leg didn't want to bend. Anyway, I got in and started driving, and I just went to the local ER.

I tried to get out of the car once I was there, but to no avail. Then I realized I didn't have my cell phone. So I had to use Onstar, which then let me buy 100 phone minutes for $39.99. I then was able to call the hosiptal (not 911) and let them know that I was stuck in my car and I was in their parking lot about 30 feet from the ER doors.

They came out with a wheel chair and pulled me out of the car. I was at the hospital for two days. To find out that I have torn cartilage in my left hip. I can't drive due to the drugs they put me on, but they recommended not driving the camaro for awhile once I can drive again. I'll be stuck with my husbands Honda Element for awhile.

Nothing was worse then waking up this morning, to my husband doing the "I get to drive the camaro" dance, while he helped me get out of bed. If he wasn't such a good huband that is willing to help me move about, I would have smacked him one good.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Get well soon.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hope all goes well, you can still smack him a good one when you recover just for the hell of it!! j/k We good husbands are getting hard to find, glad you have a keeper!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
You could have saved the money and just drove up to the ER doors and honked! They would have ran out just like they do in the movies!!! hope you feel better soon!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #5
ksgypsy

Drives: '11 Victory Red 1LT/RS, "RRocket"
He's making quite the sacrifice trading his Element for your Camaro.... I can only hope mine would do the same for me.... Glad you're on the mend!
ksgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
Nothing was worse then waking up this morning, to my husband doing the "I get to drive the camaro" dance, while he helped me get out of bed. If he wasn't such a good huband that is willing to help me move about, I would have smacked him one good.
That right there is FUNNY!!!!! I'm glad your ok. Take care.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
get well soon
Old 03-04-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
YOUR CAMARO SAVED YOUR LIFE!!!!

Teehee. But Im glad Onstar was there for the rescue. I need to load some minutes for moments like this. Hope you get to feeling better and that your hubby spoils you and your car!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
>>Nothing was worse then waking up this morning, to my husband doing the "I get to drive the camaro" dance, while he helped me get out of bed. If he wasn't such a good huband that is willing to help me move about, I would have smacked him one good.

I can relate to that!

The Camaro is my wife's daily driver.

Get well soon!

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
hot_rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
Black69
Dave

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro RSSS-69 Camaro Cpe
Take care and get better soon. Your Camaro needs you!
Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM   #11
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
Get well soon.
+1
Old 03-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #12
Blue Menace

Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
I know all about torn cartilage. (both knees) I don't hope you make a fast recovery!
Blue Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:53 PM   #13
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Sorry you are having such a difficult time but glad your Camaro & OnStar were able to help. Hope you are good as new ASAP.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #14
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainfield View Post
Wednesday while I was working, I heard/felt a pop in my left hip. And then I felt horrible pain. I tried to 'tough it out' for about an hour, but when the pain didn't go away, I told my boss I was going to go to the doctor, and I left work.

It took me about 15 minutes for me to get into Bumblebee. The car is very low and you have to bend your legs. Normally this isn't a problem, but my left leg didn't want to bend. Anyway, I got in and started driving, and I just went to the local ER.

I tried to get out of the car once I was there, but to no avail. Then I realized I didn't have my cell phone. So I had to use Onstar, which then let me buy 100 phone minutes for $39.99. I then was able to call the hosiptal (not 911) and let them know that I was stuck in my car and I was in their parking lot about 30 feet from the ER doors.

They came out with a wheel chair and pulled me out of the car. I was at the hospital for two days. To find out that I have torn cartilage in my left hip. I can't drive due to the drugs they put me on, but they recommended not driving the camaro for awhile once I can drive again. I'll be stuck with my husbands Honda Element for awhile.

Your lucky they came out and got you. We had a guy die in the hospital parking lot (major city) after wrecking his truck in front of the ER. The hospital told the cop to call for an ambulance. I see a major law suite coming!

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote