Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

View Poll Results: Click all that you may be intersted in purchasing
Driver side sub enclosure 16 69.57%
Passenger side sub enclosure 11 47.83%
12" Subwoofer 14 60.87%
10" Subwoofer 9 39.13%
Amplifier 16 69.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #15
FIREWOLFF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
What are they charging for the boxes? What is the airspace in the box? What was regular price?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well, looks like we have a pretty good number of people for a start. I'll call Gus today and see if we can get prices for our Camaro5 group.

Firstmate, it would not exceed a grand. In fact, one of our guys got a quote for a box, sub, amp, wiring kit, and install at just over $700. What I'm trying to do is toss out the idea to everyone and get more people interested, thus lowering the price on a group deal.

When I went in there and had my box made, they kept my car for two days and spent a lot of time getting it right for the airspace and shape of the trunk. It cost me a bit more.

However, I dropped off my box so folks getting the same size speakers would not have to wait and drop off their car for special fitting, etc....thereby reducing the amount of work the shop has to do and that reduces OUR cost. If it's easier for them, it should be easier for us.

Xmicro, we never spoke about 8" subs....I would have no clue on those. This was for 10's and 12's with a main focus on deals being made for the boxes. I'm working on deals for speakers and amps....but am not 100% sure that would work.

So, let me call...let me see what I can do.

I'll get back to everyone so we can all see where we stand.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #17
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Xmicro, we never spoke about 8" subs....I would have no clue on those. This was for 10's and 12's with a main focus on deals being made for the boxes. I'm working on deals for speakers and amps....but am not 100% sure that would work.

So, let me call...let me see what I can do.

I'll get back to everyone so we can all see where we stand.
Thanks Tag,

I do not want to shake up the group, do not worry about me if it is an issue, I was going to go to a local place, but if you guys were doing them I would add to the group buy. 8" Subs are much better sounding for Rock Music.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #18
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Thanks Tag,

I do not want to shake up the group, do not worry about me if it is an issue, I was going to go to a local place, but if you guys were doing them I would add to the group buy. 8" Subs are much better sounding for Rock Music.

I dunno about that. It really depends on the other speakers in the system in addition to the subs. If you have one or two 10" subs added onto the stock stereo system in the Camaro, rock music will sound really clean (since I know you have the BA system). I pretty much only listen to rock, so I'm pretty picky too

8-inch subs can't really hit anything below 40 Hz and those are the deep bass frequencies that make bass drums sound really clean.

Edit: My 1,000th post

Last edited by CamaroSkooter; 10-05-2009 at 02:25 PM.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

^I'll have to agree.

I'm a Rock N' Roll guy myself. My old set up of a 12 and a 10 REALLY did wonders....from rock to country to my occassional California Love and REGULATORS!!! (mount up!).

I just got off the phone with Gus and he's working up some prices on the JL 12's, JL 10's, the JL amp, Alpine amp, and the drivers/pass enclosures.

Remember, 12's go in the left side enclosure and 10's go in the right. If you want two 10's, that won't be an issue...they can put a 10 in the left if the customer wants.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
OK, I will trust my Fellow Camaro Brothers on this. Two Tens, one on each side with a nice amp. Hopefully instructions on how to tap the factory amp for sound feed and we are a go.

Just waiting for prices before my final decision.

Thanks Guys!

JL is great for Subs. That is the 4 - 8" I had JL Audio!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

You are not going to be able to tap into the factory amp to power even one sub. It just wasn't designed to do that. But, if you can figure it out!

Seriously, it's not going to happen...unless that amp is designed for MUCH MORE power and it's using hardly anything. You are going to need a specially assigned amp to run the subs. That factory amp is prolly running (total guess here) 40 watts to each factory speaker). You are going to need 200 to 300 watts running PER sub. Factory amp just isn't set up for that.

If you want, you could always search out 4 -8" JL subs and pick up two 1 channel amps to power the subs....two subs per amp. And, you could get the two JL amps here.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:45 PM   #22
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

He just means tapping into the factory wiring to get the RCA sub signal inputs.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:52 PM   #23
Koolwip
Steve & Stefani

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Very Cool. Thanks for the work TAG. I can take my car over this week to have all the work done if we can get a price from Gus soon and he has the boxes made. I will call him after we hear back from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
^I'll have to agree.

I'm a Rock N' Roll guy myself. My old set up of a 12 and a 10 REALLY did wonders....from rock to country to my occassional California Love and REGULATORS!!! (mount up!).

I just got off the phone with Gus and he's working up some prices on the JL 12's, JL 10's, the JL amp, Alpine amp, and the drivers/pass enclosures.

Remember, 12's go in the left side enclosure and 10's go in the right. If you want two 10's, that won't be an issue...they can put a 10 in the left if the customer wants.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #24
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
He just means tapping into the factory wiring to get the RCA sub signal inputs.
Woops! I read that wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolwip View Post
Very Cool. Thanks for the work TAG. I can take my car over this week to have all the work done if we can get a price from Gus soon and he has the boxes made. I will call him after we hear back from you.
No problem. Hope it doesn't take too long getting back to me. I WILL have this thread updated as soon as I get the info...hopefully in a few hours or less.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Update:

I spoke to Gus not too long ago and these are the rates he is offering. These parts can be sold separately as well as package deal First....

Individually...
  • Drivers side box $255.00 (12" sub)
  • Passenger side box $255.00 (10" sub)
  • JL 12" W3V3 Sub $175.00
  • JL 10" W3V3 Sub $165
  • JL G1300 (300wX1) Amplifier $185
  • Alpine MRPM (500wX1) Amplifier $155

Total Package Deal:

Alpine Amp 500w
Amp wiring kit
Drivers side box
12" JL W3V3 sub
12" Protective Grill (highly recommended)
Parts on box, Labor to install

= $876.31 tax included.

-----------------------------------------

Drivers side box, 12" JL sub, grill = $466.53

Passenger side box, 10" JL sub, grill = $419.00

-----------------------------------------

Gus recommends the Alpine amp over the JL amp since he says it hits harder. With an extra 200 watts, I would imagine so.....(and it appears to be $30 cheaper, so....)

Just FYI, before jumping in here, I found these items on ebay....and all were cheaper...:(
The only issue I foresee with buying from ebay is having a warranty issue and trying to get it fixed.
But, here's a few links to what I found.

JL 12:http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-12W3V3-...d=p3286.c0.m14

JL 10:http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JL-AUDIO-10W...d=p3286.c0.m14

JL amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-G1300-3...d=p3286.c0.m14

Alpine amp: http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-MRP-M500-...=p4295.c0.m299

Before seeing this, I felt we might get a better deal. But, it's only $10 to $20 difference on all the parts. Your call what you want to do. Remember, this was mainly for boxes only....but it was a shot to get a group deal on parts. $255 for the box is their going rate. Take it if you want.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #26
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

I think $255 per box sounds reasonable if it'll fit my sub

I'll get my hardware from my source though
Old 10-05-2009, 05:56 PM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep on both accounts....my opinion. If you have even better prices on the parts, post those up too.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #28
FIREWOLFF

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Is everyone going to be @ biff's this friday? Thats kinda high for a single box. We would charge $250.00 regular price and would do them for $200.00 group buy. When you are building multiples of the same box its way easier. I want everyone to hear mine and see some of our other installs. Check out our myspace page for some of our pics.

http://www.myspace.com/tntaudioandsecurity

Let me know and I am really going to try to make it to Biff's this weekend.