Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-12-2007, 02:33 AM   #85
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
There were a few comments about how the shots from the rear look wrong, like the vehicle is too tall and narrow. I think it's largely due to these bits of camo here, which aren't actually covering the body, but rather just interrupting the view...

Anyway, I love the side-view, it's obvious that it will represent historic muscle with pride, but won't just be a retro re-make.

Loving it. I've been waiting for these spyshots to leak for ages <3

Edit: The arrows represent the rear covers I'm talking about. Those are covering the natural lines of the car, not contouring to them... I'm 99% sure at least.
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:35 AM   #86
69 350 SS

Drives: 1969 Camaro pro touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner KS1 View Post
I see where you are going but I beleive that this is mandated by Australian law that left hand drive vehicles be labled as such.
Hi guys,

Thought I'd clear this one up for you.... As you would know we have right hand drive cars in oz.... any car under 30 years of age cannot be registered in most states (there is a few states however that allow registration of cars LHD regardless of age cant remember em all? WA is one though...) The only way to have a vehicle 30 years or less registered is with a special permit.... its quite involved but permits are available... for vehicles under 30 years of age that are LHD and have a permit, They must wear a "left hand drive" sign somewhere on the back..

For cars 30 years and older they can stay LHD and don't need to be labelled!!! Hence I've left my 69 Camaro LHD... I like it better cos it was born that way!

Kurt
69 350 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #87
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Hi Kurt. Thanks for clearing that up and welcome to the boards.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:56 AM   #88
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 350 SS View Post
Hi guys,

Thought I'd clear this one up for you.... As you would know we have right hand drive cars in oz.... any car under 30 years of age cannot be registered in most states (there is a few states however that allow registration of cars LHD regardless of age cant remember em all? WA is one though...) The only way to have a vehicle 30 years or less registered is with a special permit.... its quite involved but permits are available... for vehicles under 30 years of age that are LHD and have a permit, They must wear a "left hand drive" sign somewhere on the back..

For cars 30 years and older they can stay LHD and don't need to be labelled!!! Hence I've left my 69 Camaro LHD... I like it better cos it was born that way!

Kurt
Welcome to the boards, Kurt....and thanks as well. When I saw the sign, you all probably understand what I figured. If there was one, there had to be another. Not because all cars there are RHD, but just due to the labeling factor. Oh well...thought the RHD guys might have gotten a kick out of that one. Guess I was wrong. But, thanks again!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:42 AM   #89
unkbd

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
I already hate the door handles......and I pray they didn't move the fuel filler door.
unkbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:16 AM   #90
OzCamaro

Drives: Holden Commodore
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkbd View Post
I already hate the door handles......and I pray they didn't move the fuel filler door.
Door handles appear to be very similar to our latest commodore being sold as Pontiac G8 over there and probably expect they aren't likely to change. Could be wrong though
OzCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #91
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
Can I have it in yellow please?! My son would kill me if i got one and it wasnt in yellow with black stripes (yes i know i know - its Bumblebee before anyone points it out!!)
Hey that's the color I want, don't be ashamed!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:32 AM   #92
'09-Z28

Drives: '03 Mazda 6s
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattyj View Post
chevy brought sexy back!!!!! god damn!!!!! oh and i noticed something too. the car that Ed Welburn is hugging on the first pic that was released, people were complaining for the lack of the rear spoiler ... well look at the wheels on that car and now look at the new photos and find the car with the same wheels parked next to the blue mustang. no spoiler, but the other camaro next to it has one. what's to make of it???
This confirms that there are four cars. In the first two pics where you can easily see three cars, none of them have that spoiler. One of the two next to the mustangs does have a spoiler. Therefore, there must be at least FOUR test cars!
'09-Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:35 AM   #93
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by '09-Z28 View Post
This confirms that there are four cars. In the first two pics where you can easily see three cars, none of them have that spoiler. One of the two next to the mustangs does have a spoiler. Therefore, there must be at least FOUR test cars!
I rcvd a call last week from a friend at the Milford proving grounds that there was a prototype on the track out there.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:54 AM   #94
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by '09-Z28 View Post
Really now....Am I missing something? I'm beginning to feel more and more dumb. All of the cars I've seen have a spoiler, and spoiler cover...my understanding was that due to all the camo, Any spoiler would be 'flattened out' Giving the decklid a look of a flatness, while still having a curved back. And the poor angle of that side pic wouldn't allow us to see any spoiler anyhow, right?

ANYWAYS Does anybody get the impression that our baby is smaller than the current Mustang?

Though GM people did say that the concept v Production dimensions should only change by fractions of an inch...the numbers still kinda support that observation:

Vert concept (L, W, H) [in]:.....186.2......79.6....53.
Mustang (L, W, H) [in]:...........187.6......74.......54.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 AM   #95
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I was going to say that myself, but I just wonder if it's because it sits lower then the 'stang?
But from what you can see through the camo, there is very little difference bewteen the concept and these cars, down to the rear brake vents(wonder if they work or are just for show?)I mean sure we lost the mirrors and the door handles(neither deal breakers).
What I really want to see is pics of the insides and under the hood .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Really now....Am I missing something? I'm beginning to feel more and more dumb. All of the cars I've seen have a spoiler, and spoiler cover...my understanding was that due to all the camo, Any spoiler would be 'flattened out' Giving the decklid a look of a flatness, while still having a curved back. And the poor angle of that side pic wouldn't allow us to see any spoiler anyhow, right?

ANYWAYS Does anybody get the impression that our baby is smaller than the current Mustang?

Though GM people did say that the concept v Production dimensions should only change by fractions of an inch...the numbers still kinda support that observation:

Vert concept (L, W, H) [in]:.....186.2......79.6....53.
Mustang (L, W, H) [in]:...........187.6......74.......54.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #96
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
down to the rear brake vents(wonder if they work or are just for show?)
The gills are there, but they are just creases in the body panel. They are not open, and I didn't think they would just because of structural issues.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #97
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
OK, I'm a Mustang owner and fan, but I loved the Camaro concept the moment I saw those grainy images GM pulled a couple of years ago, and I've got to say, WOW! It looks awesome and makes the two Mustangs beside it look tall and frumpy! It's got a fabulous stance.

Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #98
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Ok, I've got a question.

If the Camaro is supposed to look so much like the concept, why even use the camo at all?

The big changes are the mirrors, the door handles and the dimensions, none of which are hidden by the camo at all.

The only thing I can see that they might want to hide for a while is the gas cap placement and wheel size, but these don't necessitate a camo job this complex.

The only thing I can figure is that there must be some changes that we don't yet know about. Otherwise, if Ford or Dodge wanted to see what the Camaro was going to look like, all they really have to do is look at any one of the many Concept photos out there.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote