Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Technostalgia/Apex Sequential Taillights. Do they Fog? Longevity Quality? Recommend?

The white lights installed around the car from 0:10 to 0:20. Who makes those? They're AWESOME!!

And Do you guys have any opinions on the tail lights from Apex? I'm considering buying them but am worried about them fogging up eventually or looking any different with normal driving than the normal RS lights.

-Do they have the same RS Housing?
-Do they fog up easily?
-Do they go out a lot like my old AAC lights did or are they pretty good quality.
-Opinions?

If you didn't catch my earlier joke, lol Anywho, any recommendations would be great! Wanting to justify a $400 purchase :/
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Just bought some new ones for 280 shipped.

I hope they are good and have heard some horror stories.

Also it seems to kill your battery if u don't drive for a month.

But I couldn't turn them down for the price.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
If you paid $280 for new ones, then you don't have the rapid fire break lights and sequential turn signals. There are two versions out there.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
crewxp

Do you mind sharing a horror story or two? I had wanted to think of the cons and pros before I went through with it. Did you use a coupon? I didn't think anyone had coupons for those right now.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
coolest lights on my car and theres getting to be quite a few... ordered from APEX, so far fastest shipped item to date, ordered I think monday got then thurday or something. SO on to more pressing matters...

they have "fixed" the fogging problem in the earlier versions, I have not experienced any fogging and its been a rainy month let me tell you...

pretty easy to install yourself and if you need any help i can walk you through it :P

same RS housing? they are the darker shade if thats what you mean but they fit exactly and they are complete replacements for stock taillights(I thought this was nice touch and made the 400 not such a steep price)

I read ALOT of of the horror stories and very few if any dealt with faulty LED's going out

Nearly ALL issues are related to the car sitting for a while mostly 2 weeks or more, easy fix dont garage your car or if your up north just let it run for 15 mins or so every few days

I really like them and they are definatly one of my better buys so far

BTW where in Texas are you located :P If you wanted to see em and your close enough :P
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #6
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
Do you mind sharing a horror story or two? I had wanted to think of the cons and pros before I went through with it. Did you use a coupon? I didn't think anyone had coupons for those right now.
I do not have a horror story but here's a current thread with some problems:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263174

And btw, Apex is only the vendor. Technostalgia makes these lights. I got mine in September of 2012 from Apex, and have enjoyed them. Do your homework so you can make an informed decision. Good luck!
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 AM   #7
Garret

there is 2 other vendors I know of
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
crewxp

I'll probably install if I go through with it in Houston but I'm in cs right now.

I wonder if there's a more smart way to wire it to save on the battery issues people are having.

Do you know If LEDs die or the housing gets foggy/wet, do they replace them for free?

And yeah I was asking about the rs housing because I like them over bare bone camaros lights. I think they're different. Mine are more dark/ambient
Old 01-31-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
I'll probably install if I go through with it in Houston but I'm in cs right now.

I wonder if there's a more smart way to wire it to save on the battery issues people are having.

Do you know If LEDs die or the housing gets foggy/wet, do they replace them for free?

And yeah I was asking about the rs housing because I like them over bare bone camaros lights. I think they're different. Mine are more dark/ambient
PM sent
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
crewxp

Anyone Here have them installed and later remove them afterwards? Or does anyone here think they add to the car a lot?

Last concern is that the LEDs look like separate lights and don't really flow together. But maybe that's just the videos I've seen
Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo@Phastek View Post
PM sent
Phastek rules they will take care of you.

Mines going in again VERY soon for a CAI and possibly these tails.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:43 PM   #12
IBM camaro
Texas HT5

Drives: IBM
I just got mine they are amazing
IBM camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #13
Garret

led's are seperate when not lit but when they light up for the turn signal very elegant flow to them
Old 02-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #14
Madgiggler

Drives: 2SS RS
Ive been looking into buying the rapid fire versions.. the only thing turning me away is the thread linked above. the numerous horror stories of poor customer service and L O N G fix times is a huge turn off for me in case of an issue i want to know there is someone behind the product that is willing to step up and fix any issues.