Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
HDCrazy

Drives: none
Dealer installed Front LP !!!!

The Dealer installed the front factory LP, looks like S--t !! Is there any corrective solution to this crap. I do not want to use one at all, law or no law.
Any ideas ??

Gs
HDCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
EAkrish
Scout Sniping

Drives: 2010 Ford F150 Lariat SuperCrew
Send a message via AIM to EAkrish
make them take it off and order you a new front bumper as it is no where in the PDI!!!!!!

Now I drive a F150 Supercrew
EAkrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #3
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
I told my dealer I didn't want the plate bracket attached probably 5 times and also sent him an e-mail that was forwarded to the service dept. My salesman called me as soon as the car pulled into the dealership on the car carrier. I asked him to please go out to the car and take the front plate bracket out of the car and put it in his office. He did, and handed it to me when I took delivery.

If you asked them not to put it on and they did, I would think they are 100% responsible to correct it. If nothing was said and it was put on, I'd say you have a 50/50 shot of them fixing. If they're a reputable dealer, I would think they'd want to make you happy. Does your state require a front plate? If so, they will say they had to attached in order to give you an inspection sticker.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less
67 Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:56 AM   #4
musky1

Drives: 2007 Solstice
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDCrazy View Post
The Dealer installed the front factory LP, looks like S--t !! Is there any corrective solution to this crap. I do not want to use one at all, law or no law.
Any ideas ??

Gs
Didn't you tell them it was not wanted?
My dealer says state law mandates a front plate at delivery
Told them to duct tape it on,without the bracket
There maybe some colored plugs you can insert,but the only real way to correct it would be the body shop.
musky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Buy a Mustang!!! LOL ......oh my did I say that out loud?
Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
HDCrazy

Thanks for all the replys, I was not dilligent enough on following-up on this.
You know what they say....Don't "ASSUME" anything, It will make an Ass of u & me, well it did. I was thinkin' that I may not be the first person that this has happened to, and maybe someone creative on this forum had come up with some minor cosmetic surgery for repair.

Besides that issue...This car ROCKS !!!!!!!

Gs
Old 08-28-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
BUMP for the delivery checklist -

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=checklist
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #8
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Any ideas ??

Gs
Ok seeing as how they installed consider your bumper "DRILLED". I had my dealer not install/ not touch my car until i got there and then they took their orders from me, lol. I do not like the hideaway LP look, plus with GFX it is a bit tougher but i use good grade wire ties. Take four and put them through the stock LP holder and then place your LP in the holder over top of the wire ties and mount and secure onto bottom grille, i also had the car 100+ and it was fine. You cannot notice if they are bolted on or not, and when you want to ride without it just cut the ties, and you are done. All police have been cool so far, and i know that will not last forever but i just can't stand the thought of having that thing permanently bolted on my car hurts my heart.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #9
HDCrazy

WOW.....I wish I would have seen / used this checklist, ohhh well. Now I have to come up w/ a remedy.

Thanks,
Gs
Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 AM   #10
Spaceballone

Quote:
WOW.....I wish I would have seen / used this checklist, ohhh well. Now I have to come up w/ a remedy.

Thanks,
Gs
I am sure you can go to a body shop or the dealer body shop and explain yourself and ask them if they can patch/ repaint the holes. they are prob tiny enough that it shouldn't be that much work. Have a sit down with the sales manager or service manager and you may have to pay 50-100$ and i know you shouldn't have to pay anything but see what you can get. after all they want you to be satisfied so give it a shot.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM   #11
HDCrazy

You are right, I will try that first today.

Gs
Old 08-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #12
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
I am sure you can go to a body shop or the dealer body shop and explain yourself and ask them if they can patch/ repaint the holes. they are prob tiny enough that it shouldn't be that much work. Have a sit down with the sales manager or service manager and you may have to pay 50-100$ and i know you shouldn't have to pay anything but see what you can get. after all they want you to be satisfied so give it a shot.
If that doesnt work you can always try mounting cameras in the holes. That would be a cool picture. Sort of like Nascars bumper cam.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #13
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
I don't really see what the bid deal is. All cars have LP. When people put their front plates on their dash it looks greasy. So far I haven't seen a nice looking aftermarket alternative.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #14
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
I don't really see what the bid deal is. All cars have LP. When people put their front plates on their dash it looks greasy. So far I haven't seen a nice looking aftermarket alternative.
I am for no Front LP and its not on my dash (its in my trunk) Still waiting on that special LP holder that comes with my GFX . To me its like that "High School before the dance pimple" or the "stain on that guys shirt from the super bowl commercial" It takes away from the awsomeness that is the 2010. We do not get to make the laws, they are made for us. I mean really is there a crime that can be stopped by having a front LP...no only a few crapy states have it and mine is one of them. I love the car without the front LP on it, it looks so smooth and clean. I placed my LP on and bam, turned me of. To each his/her own but for me i can't stand the way that thing sticks out on the front.