Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #71
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydog View Post
If the car is jinxed, wouldn't you hire a witchdoctor instead of a lawyer?

Rob
Normally you would as they can verify the actual type of hex and have them removed but if you're late on their pay the hex is then on you!
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #72
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycamaross View Post
Wow, this guy has had several documented issues with his car. Probably feeling pretty shitty about it and all you have to offer is how he shouldn't have contacted an attorney and how your tired of hearing it?. Damn, this guy has tried to work with his dealership on the issues in the past and they do the typical brush off thing. His car has been in the service dept. more than he has drivin it. I realize that we live in a society where the new get rich scheme is to sue everybody and everything, but this guy has been patient and tried to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Way to kick a guy in the nuts when he is already down!!!!!!!
being in the service side of this industry i can tell you there are some things here that have been done wrong.1 anytime you bring up or even mention anything about a lawyer companies will shut you down<they also have lawyers they pay way too much money for these sorts of things>this is done as to not screw themselves and belive it or not the customer as well.2,perhaps he has and i missed it but in most large compainies in our industry we will highly suggest another opinion and set of eyes on the vehicle,again this is to help cover there butt and alot of times the customers as the second or third shop may find an issue caused by the first shop or just missed.Now i dont pretend to know what discussions hes had with his dealer or how he acted but based on what ive seen in alot of years in the biz is that most shops,dealers and nationwide chains will try to do the right thing,they will even try to do the right thing as there being called every name in the book because your car failed and they dont have a majic wand to make it all better,ive watched my company and many dealers give customers free engines and trannies just to keep customers happy,knowing full well they didnt have to or owe it to the customer,my point here is dont expect everyone here to open there beeding heart because some fellow camaro owner is having a bad time with there car,some of us here are on the other side of this exact issue every frickn day and dont have alot of sympathy for crap that happens to people EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! with every car manuf.someone out there has a car in a for dealership right now with the same issue,its time to think outside the box to get your car repaired or replaced,last time i checked lawyers dont do that
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 PM   #73
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestone_ss View Post
being in the service side of this industry i can tell you there are some things here that have been done wrong.1 anytime you bring up or even mention anything about a lawyer companies will shut you down<they also have lawyers they pay way too much money for these sorts of things>this is done as to not screw themselves and belive it or not the customer as well.2,perhaps he has and i missed it but in most large compainies in our industry we will highly suggest another opinion and set of eyes on the vehicle,again this is to help cover there butt and alot of times the customers as the second or third shop may find an issue caused by the first shop or just missed.Now i dont pretend to know what discussions hes had with his dealer or how he acted but based on what ive seen in alot of years in the biz is that most shops,dealers and nationwide chains will try to do the right thing,they will even try to do the right thing as there being called every name in the book because your car failed and they dont have a majic wand to make it all better,ive watched my company and many dealers give customers free engines and trannies just to keep customers happy,knowing full well they didnt have to or owe it to the customer,my point here is dont expect everyone here to open there beeding heart because some fellow camaro owner is having a bad time with there car,some of us here are on the other side of this exact issue every frickn day and dont have alot of sympathy for crap that happens to people EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! with every car manuf.someone out there has a car in a for dealership right now with the same issue,its time to think outside the box to get your car repaired or replaced,last time i checked lawyers dont do that
I'm guessing your against lawyers? Just a hunch...

By the way, use a few of these next time............................... They are free.
It makes your post easier to understand.

To the OP, do everything you can to get a new car. You bought a new car built in a factory, they tried to fix yours over and over again and it hasn't worked out. Why would you want to keep the car now? The warranty will run out some day and you will be stuck paying the repair bills on something that was just never right.
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #74
SS MUSL

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Silver Ice Metallic
Can you provide the name of the dealership treating you so badly?
SS MUSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 AM   #75
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Wow..what a piece of shit!* So sorry that you got stuck with it, obviously an extremely sour lemon.

*Note: I am talking about that particular Camaro, not the 5th Generation Camaro in general or Chevy/GM cars.
Good catch

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #76
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
How is getting a lawyer hurting him?? He is already getting a new engine (which GM will never do if they thought it was his fault), he has had several other issues that GM fixed again (would not have done if they thought it was his fault). If this car will stay out of the shop , no matter how long it takes, he will drive this one until he gets a new car (which really appears to be lemon law eligible). Besides, if they wouldn't fix his car under warranty, he would add that to the pending lawsuit. I would have done the same thing!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 AM   #77
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Sounds to me like the lawyer was the right call.....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121969

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #78
Ghost Rider
I'm one bad Mamma Jamma

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I'm a lawyer and I can tell you that you made the right call. People really like to bash lawyers but I've seen lots of people get totally screwed because they didn't have a lawyer to watch out for them and give them good advice. I've never seen anybody do better without a lawyer. After all the trouble you've had, you were right to hire a lawyer.

DELIVERED on August 25, 2009- 2010 2SS/RS, Yellow, A6, VIN # 34902

DELIVERED on September 9, 2009 -Custom Bumblebee Stripes and engine cover.

DELIVERED on September 10, 2009 - Painted GFX
Ghost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote