Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 PM   #43
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
First we learn that dealers can sell for above MSRP and we accept this. Then we learn that dealers can change their mind and jack you when the car shows up and we are trying to accept this. Now we get someones car getting brokered to a third party who won't sell to the original R6P buyer for the original contract? Seriously - somebody top this one, it's only a matter of time.
Dont forget....

Giving an R6P sold order car to the dealers son (Falls Auto in KY)
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #44
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I seriously call on the dealers part.

Let's say that this dealer you ordered from owed GM some money. Wouldn't the sale of the car to you benefit the dealer and in turn, pay back GM?

If your dealer was going under, why would they give away a perfectly good car that is going to be sold in a few days anyway???

I bet you a million dollars it was a dealer trade and GM knows nothing of this. That other dealer wanted your car and your dealer probably wanted a Z06 Atomic Orange w/ such and such package....and they decided to trade....because they CAN do that and SCREW the customer.

Again...This is BULLSH!T. I see NO reason for GM to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
First we learn that dealers can sell for above MSRP and we accept this. Then we learn that dealers can change their mind and jack you when the car shows up and we are trying to accept this. Now we get someones car getting brokered to a third party who won't sell to the original R6P buyer for the original contract? Seriously - somebody top this one, it's only a matter of time.
Double

This is getting ridiculous.

We definitely need a GM representative to get to the bottom of this and fast..
Old 05-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #45
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Big Time!
Old 05-27-2009, 03:05 PM   #46
qdz21

Drives: Black 02 Z28 Vert Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesTX View Post
A guy named Dr Jekel wrote me and said he contacted the CEO of GM and got some help. I'm in the process of sending an overnight mail today.
Yes, that is the one I was talking about. I really hope it works for you as well!! Good luck! Please keep us posted
qdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #47
angelic

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to angelic Send a message via MSN to angelic
Good Luck! I hope you get this resolved soon!!
angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #48
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
While GM is not completely innocent in this...if you look at it from their view point, why would they send a car to a dealer if they don't think they will get paid. If that dealer declares bankruptcy GM gets almost nothing of what they would be owed.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #49
JulesTX

Drives: 1968 Camaro
My husband just got a call from a lady in Detroit, who says they are working on getting the car sent to us either at our original dealer or one close to us. Apparently we are making some waves. She gave us her direct number to keep in contact. I'll let you all know what happens.

I was hoping that posting to the forum might help. Thanks for the advice.
JulesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #50
JulesTX

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgo2 View Post
While GM is not completely innocent in this...if you look at it from their view point, why would they send a car to a dealer if they don't think they will get paid. If that dealer declares bankruptcy GM gets almost nothing of what they would be owed.
True, but on the other hand, why would GM want to jack around a loyal customer who wants to purchase a car badly for MSRP with excellent credit?
JulesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #51
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Hope the people in "BIG D" can work things out...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #52
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
When a dealer is "out of trust" with their floorplan source (GMAC), GM will not ship cars to them, period. All of you that don't understand the inventory process at dealers need to chill. We have two dealers near us that are in the same situation. They have not received new cars since November 2008. It's quite common and easy to confirm.

BTW, that original can't sell the car to another dealer if it was diverted by GM in the first place. It would be rebilled by GM to the second dealer.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #53
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Well then GM should recognize this as a sold R6P order and contact the name on record , explain the situation and make the necessary arrangements to get these people their car.....not the other way around !!
But you see there's just one small problem with that. It makes sense. And I think they might have used up all of their "making sense" passes when they designed the Camaro .
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #54
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
When a dealer is "out of trust" with their floorplan source (GMAC), GM will not ship cars to them, period. All of you that don't understand the inventory process at dealers need to chill.
Well then GM should recognize this as a sold R6P order and contact the name of record , explain the situation and make the necessary arrangements to get these people their car.....not the other way around !!
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #55
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
But you see there's just one small problem with that. It makes sense. And I think they might have used up all of their "making sense" passes when they designed the Camaro .
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #56
tstrick9

Drives: 2020 lt1 gone: '14 2ss,16 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Well then GM should recognize this as a sold R6P order and contact the name of record , explain the situation and make the necessary arrangements to get these people their car.....not the other way around !!
You are so right, where else are you going to find a business that screws over its most diehard customers like what has been happening to the r6p people. $30,000+ purchase, $0 worth of customer service....
tstrick9 is offline   Reply With Quote