Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #29
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylish View Post
I didn't know that gas cap might cause this Engine Alarm Light. Thanks for the info.
But the gas cap is well closed, I checked it twice.
Do you have any idea what else it could be? :(
On your DIC there is a mode at which you can set the speed limit on your car, if you go over that speed limit an alarm will sound. You may have accidentally turned this feature on. Read your owners manual and it will tell you if this has been activated or how to check it.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:26 AM   #30
Stylish
Stylish

Drives: None, Camaro very soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottNCrzy View Post
OK your car must run multiple trips with no malfunction before the light will go off. So onstar is right to tell you to drive it for a few days. The computer must run all tested a few more times and detect no problems before the light will reset on it's own. But if you are worried just go see the dealer and let them pull codes for you and reset the light.
That's excatly what happened. I went to the dealer and he pull codes and reset the light.

The car didn't run when I used key remote because of the Engine light ON (According to my dealer info).

There is no Engine Alarm now.

Thanks guys

2SS.
Black on Black.
RS Package.
Sun roof.
6 speed Auto with tap shift.

Stylish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:12 AM   #31
thebrainhart

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM LS3 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96rss/ls6 View Post
Hey here is another thing that could be causing it and I had no idea. I thought I knew about all there is to know about these new engines but one of my buddies who is a master tech said when you pump gas , once the pump cuts itself off do not keep pumping that last little bit in because it will mess up the carbon cannister and set off this same light. I had no idea. Maybee this is common knowledge, but ive built many of these engines and never heard anything like this
Thats true, you shouldn't "top off" the gas tank. Doing so can fill the evaporative emissions system (charcoal canister, leak detection pumps, etc) with gas and cause all kinds of problems, check engine lights, and even cause the engine to die while your driving around. I've fixed a few Chryslers that had this problem of dying, due to fuel in the evap system.
Of course, it doesn't happen to everyone, but it can.
Some ProCharger, Alky, CompCams, Brian Tooley, Holley, Livernois, K&N, Ridetech, DSS, Kooks, JDP Motorsports, Pfadt, BMR, Prothane, Weld, M&H, Mickey Thompson, RKSport, Elite, Garys, Defenderworx, Anvil, etc.
thebrainhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:48 AM   #32
Dano

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylish View Post
That's excatly what happened. I went to the dealer and he pull codes and reset the light.

The car didn't run when I used key remote because of the Engine light ON (According to my dealer info).

There is no Engine Alarm now.

Thanks guys
This is all correct info. It just happened on my wife's Grand Prix a few weeks ago. The car will not start with the auto start feature when the check engine light is on. Just found that out when this happened to the Grand Prix.