Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
Ordering My Camaro Possibly Really Need Help!

So I talked to the dealer I am getting my camaro from a couple days ago (before the delay was announced) and he was very helpful. I could tell he just didn't want my money because he said they sold at MSRP...and he wasn't sure about the military discounts(this was before GM made the announcement) and understood that I was in Iraq. I talked about putting a deposit down and he said I could but I probably shouldn't order the car until around July or August if I was comming back to the states around October, November area because if I put the deposit down now and he ordered my camaro would just sit on the lot and birds and weather would get to it and he didn't want that to happen so suggested I waited...Here is my question...Now with the set back being brought to our attention and the possible 2SS Being harder to get (I plan on ordering a 2SS IOM) should I go ahead and put the deposit down now? I just don't want my camaro to be sitting at a dealership for months but do want it fairly soon after I get home...Any Suggestions!

Thanks!
-Aaron
Old 01-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #2
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
I would order now, I'm heading back sometime before you, What I did was order from a dealer in my hometown, as I should be on leave when the 1st V6's roll into the lot, and if I'm not there the dealer will ship the vechile or my family can do it for me.

So if you order and it arrives you can always get a Power of Attorney to have a family member pick it up, so they can store it and take care of it and you can do your paperwork from Iraq

That way you'll get it in October or shortly after.

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:58 AM   #3
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by XAnimal View Post
I would order now, I'm heading back sometime before you, What I did was order from a dealer in my hometown, as I should be on leave when the 1st V6's roll into the lot, and if I'm not there the dealer will ship the vechile or my family can do it for me.

So if you order and it arrives you can always get a Power of Attorney to have a family member pick it up, so they can store it and take care of it and you can do your paperwork from Iraq

That way you'll get it in October or shortly after.
Yea but I'm trading in my truck, I may order it while on leave...but I don't go on leave for some time...I also have to wait for my Army re-enlistment bonus check to come unfortunately and that will probably take for ever