Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #15
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUALO View Post
I personally like the black over the CGM, the grey makes the yellow look dull, believe it or not.

It's all about the colour of your ride as to what colour stripes go best!

Personally, I too would've picked black as my choice for the colour of the stripes, but not flat black. Gloss black looks best on the Rally Yellow Paint IMO as it matches the Grilles and adds to the overall beauty of the Camaro's appearance.

That being said, choosing Cyber Gray Stripes for this Camaro can only make it standout and be noticed in a sea of Rally Yellow / Black Striped BUMBLEBEE look-a-likes and that makes it in my books!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #16
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
The CGM stripes are really nice. We had a Summit White 2SS with CGM stripes. To be honest, I have great vision, it was a nice sunny day and as we drove up to the dealership I could have sworn they were gloss black. They looked really sharp. Once you walk up to it you can tell they are gray, but they have an excellent look them and the metallic flake is really well done. Puts the matte black stripes to shame.
HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:08 PM   #17
SpeedFreak5
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
The CGM stripes are really nice. We had a Summit White 2SS with CGM stripes. To be honest, I have great vision, it was a nice sunny day and as we drove up to the dealership I could have sworn they were gloss black. They looked really sharp. Once you walk up to it you can tell they are gray, but they have an excellent look them and the metallic flake is really well done. Puts the matte black stripes to shame.
I totally agree. To the laymen, the CGM stripes look completely black with metal flake. If you didn't know, it looks more like black metallic than gray. It's a deep graphite gray. Also, it in no way makes the yellow look any less yellow, or dull, or washed out. Everyone that's seen my car has stated that they really like the (black) stripes, little do they know. If I had to do it again, I'd still go with the CGM. I just don't care for the flat black, boring.

2LT/RS A6, Rally Yellow, CGM Stripes, Sun Roof, Injen CAI, Aero Turbine Exhaust, Trifecta Tune
SpeedFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
SpeedFreak5
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
No Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRIKE ZONE View Post
Been worried about this combo since ordered, arrives this week, do you have any photos where they appear more gray than black?
Don't worry, I guarantee you won't be sorry for making that decision. If you are worried about them looking gray, don't. In lower light and at night they appear absolutely black, especially against the yellow. You would have to be very familiar with the Camaro stripe colors to even be able to tell they are CGM and not Black Metallic. And, even knowing they come in CGM, looking at them from more than three feet away, you'd never even be able to tell they weren't black. I'll try to get a picture where they look more gray but it'll be tough. The Yellow SS at the beginning of this thread looks a bit more gray than my pics do.

Actually, I saw this color combo at the dealership AFTER I had already ordered my Camaro with the Flat Black stripes and immediately asked them to change it to CGM and I'm glad I did. I think it looks better and will hold up to washing and waxing better, IMO. Let me know how you like it STRIKE ZONE.

2LT/RS A6, Rally Yellow, CGM Stripes, Sun Roof, Injen CAI, Aero Turbine Exhaust, Trifecta Tune
SpeedFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #19
STRIKE ZONE

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
thanks, been waiting for a post like this on this combo, looks great in your photos
STRIKE ZONE is offline   Reply With Quote