Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 01-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
goducks09

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2LT/RS
Lowering shop in Oregon

Just wondering if anyone has taken the car in for drop springs and what shop you used. Or if you did it yourself, where did you take the car for alignment. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
It is very easy to do yourself. What kit are you thinking about going? I have Pedder's under mine and I love it. The car handles some much better.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
goducks09

I got the Pedders springs. I was wondering if it was something simple or if it required a lot of work. Did you retime the bushings yourself? Where'd you take it for alignment? Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
It can fight you a little but it isn't to bad. There is a place down here called Eric Jones Motorsports. Eric the owner is very good, he does a lot of work on race cars and very high end cars. I would give him a call.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #5
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
I did mine myself, too - but it wasn't a job that I'd like to do again. I have BMG springs. Afterwards, I just took mine to the local Firestone for alignment.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
goducks09

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM Black Diamond View Post
It can fight you a little but it isn't to bad. There is a place down here called Eric Jones Motorsports. Eric the owner is very good, he does a lot of work on race cars and very high end cars. I would give him a call.
Thanks for the tip. Pleasant Hill is about 100 mi from me, so it's a little further than I'd like to go. But I might do that if can't find someplace closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryE1 View Post
I did mine myself, too - but it wasn't a job that I'd like to do again. I have BMG springs. Afterwards, I just took mine to the local Firestone for alignment.
What part about it was tough? I have someone who can help me. He has only done a small amount of suspension work, but he's mechanically inclined.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #7
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks09 View Post
What part about it was tough? I have someone who can help me. He has only done a small amount of suspension work, but he's mechanically inclined.
Oh, I should clarify that the springs I have are Phastek brand, but I was told that they are manufactured by BMG. They came with great instructions, which said to plan on about 4 hours to get them installed. It actually took me and 3 other guys (but really only one of us had much l mechanical experience) over 6 hours to get them done.

We didn't have a lift, so we had to use a jack & stands which doesn't leave tons of room to work in, & I spent much of the day on my back under the car. A lift would have made things SO MUCH EASIER!

And (its been a year, so I don't remember exactly which parts), we had problems with the front shock assembly and spring fitting together snugly like they should have, so we had to modify a few pieces to get things fitting in the springs like they needed to.

We did get it together - but only because one of the guys that was assisting me has mechanical experience and was able to creatively solve our problems... And now that it's done I LOVE the look and the feel, but I'll be paying someone to install them next time.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #8
goducks09

Thanks. Thank I'll price out the job at a couple shops. Anyone have any recommendations between Portland and Salem?