Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
SpeedySoldier

Drives: 97 z28, 03 s10-zr2
Dealer Dropped RS Package

anyone else's dealer drop their RS package from their order after you already paid for it? and if so did they make it right?
SpeedySoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #2
FI4T0MCAT

Drives: 1969 SS Camaro
there is another thread about that happening man. Did that happen to your car?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedySoldier View Post
anyone else's dealer drop their RS package from their order after you already paid for it? and if so did they make it right?
Did you make any changes to your order while you was waiting? There was a bug in the ordering system that if any changes was made the computer accidentally dropped the RS package.

How far in the process are you? Has your car already been delivered? Until your car reaches code 3000, your dealer can still add the package. After that point, you have two choices, either accept the car as is or order a new one. It is IMPOSSIBLE to add the RS package to a car that already has been delivered.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
SpeedySoldier

Yes, they didnt have the window sticker when I paid for the car (supposedly) but I paid in jun when I was on R&R because I didnt want my wife to have to deal with the hassel of doing it without me, then the window sticker never appeared on the window sticker site, so I had no way of knowing if the order was jacked up or not, even though I requested they verify it multipul times. I have documentation though of all the options I ordered as well as several emails with requests to change and verify the order. Now the car arrived at the dealer on the 10th and is supposed to be delivered to my wife tomarrow, I emailed the dealer and told him not to ship it and told my wife if he did not to accept it. Just worried about whats going to go down now, I already dropped 21k on this car and have paid off a considerable chunk of the remainder...
Old 08-12-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
SpeedySoldier

Yes I know it is impossible to add the RS package and I wouldnt be willing to accept a modified car anyway, the catch with ordering a new one is I will be losing my r6p and in my mind that is taking a hit on the collectors value of the car and will be expecting some form of compensation, this car is coming from the biggest name in chevy they better make this right..
Old 08-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
SpeedySoldier

they should have no issues what so ever in my mind in correcting this, considering the fact that this car is hott and the current markup on the cars this "screwup" will work to their advantage in every possible way, but im expecting some sort of compensation for the loss of my early order code..
Old 08-12-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Man, thats unfortunate, I lean the blame to the dealer. GM built what was on the order sheet and they did their job. I'd be all over my salesman, don't worry about that R6P, get what you want.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #8
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
I did a change in the order but the Order workbench does show the RS package on it.
So I should still be OK right?
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #9
SpeedySoldier

just make 100% certain it still has the RS package on it and you will be fine, they may have fixed the bug, I dont know
Old 08-12-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
Quote:
just make 100% certain it still has the RS package on it and you will be fine, they may have fixed the bug, I dont know
Thanks I just sent the salesman this link and asked to double check
I am still at 1100 so we should be good if there was a glitch.
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #11
coolman

It happen to me months ago. I was told it was a computer problem. pretty bad problem to still be going on after all this time. They couldn't fix it on mine. I ended up not taking the car after months of other ups and downs.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
SpeedySoldier

Well im most certainly not taking the car, my issue is are they going to try to force it on me since I have downpayment and financing on it, if they do we will be going to court because I have documentation that this car was not delivered as it was ordered, if they are willing to simply transfer it all over to another order for the correct optioned car im willing to accept that if they can get it here withing 93 days, but I will not be paying a dime more and will be severly perturbed about the loss of my r6p code
Old 08-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #13
coolman

Quote:
Well im most certainly not taking the car, my issue is are they going to try to force it on me since I have downpayment and financing on it, if they do we will be going to court because I have documentation that this car was not delivered as it was ordered, if they are willing to simply transfer it all over to another order for the correct optioned car im willing to accept that if they can get it here withing 93 days, but I will not be paying a dime more and will be severly perturbed about the loss of my r6p code
If it isn't what you ordered they have to give your money back. In my case they gave me my money back.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #14
savage71ChevelleSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS Imperial Blue
My dealings with Hendrick in Cary in the past is those people are pretty much scumbags and couldn't give a crap. Good luck with it, I hope they do what is right.
savage71ChevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote